Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
House Coots: To any other truly elite level team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,386

House Coots: To any other truly elite level team

Jan 2, 2014, 10:57 PM

the natives would be quite restless if you had failed to do much other than beating your rival five in a row. That really sums up your last five years. You coasted through a weak division, racked up some wins against crap teams (especially in your bowl games), and you beat your rival. That's it.

Now let's take a look at a more recently elite team. UGA. Despite beating you recently, beating the pants off of their rival (GT), and winning a good number of games the last five years, the natives are restless because Richt has failed to bring in a conference title or a natty. They expect better, and expect to do more than just beat their rival. The funny thing is, Richt has had titles in larger quantities than Spurrier at SCAR.

Flip over to SCAR, and Spurrier gets a pass because "OMGEE, WE BEAT OUR BIG BRO CLEMSON". OMG, 11 wins and Capital One Bowl! OLOL, SECCG appearance that was even more of a blowout than the Orange Bowl game we like to laugh about.

You have beaten us, but that's about all you can chest beat about. I'll dry my eyes with my two Orange Bowl hand towels while you finish celebrating your gutsy come-back win in the Toilet Bowl over a team that is far inferior.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember making excuses too when Clem had our number...

Jan 2, 2014, 11:01 PM

Fortunately that seems like a lifetime ago.

SCAR really is obsessed with us

Jan 2, 2014, 11:04 PM

Your "golden years" basically have no legs without your wins against us. Your reply is a great illustration of that.

They have sucked forever

Jan 2, 2014, 11:01 PM

So it's understandable why they act like they've never been there. Because they truly have never been there. Problem is Clemson has never been here either.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

We've "been there" by every definition of the word***

Jan 2, 2014, 11:05 PM

Re: House Coots: To any other truly elite level team

Jan 2, 2014, 11:02 PM

How old are you...you sound like a 3 year old.

Spurrier name will go up in WB because he beat Clemson

Jan 2, 2014, 11:04 PM

Dabo's will go up in DV because he won championships. Have fun while it lasts. See you in 30 years.

Thanks for playing cooties

Jan 2, 2014, 11:08 PM

nm

I've noticed a ton of coot fans wearing their 5 shirts and

Jan 2, 2014, 11:09 PM

It got me thinking. They act like this because they haven't been there before. I can't remember Clemson fans saying lame things like "fear the thumb" or wearing shirts with a hand on them when we were on a winning streak. So, when you see your toothless cashier at walmart wearing their "5 in a row" shirt, just smile and say bless it. This is all new for them.

Fun fact: I am 28 years old. During my lifetime

Jan 2, 2014, 11:10 PM

We have had three different four-year streaks of beating the coots.

I'm 32 so our winning streaks vs the coots are nothing new

Jan 2, 2014, 11:18 PM

To me. Isn't it a great feeling to experience domination over your rival for 90% of your life!

And the law of averages will apply

Jan 2, 2014, 11:21 PM

What comes up must go down. Who is the next highly successful coach that is going to run down to rescue SCAR after Spurlid leaves? I wonder if there are any precedents that we can look at for guidance? What do you think, Mr. Holtz?

Soggy Waffle-

Jan 3, 2014, 12:09 AM

Clemson ain't an elite program either, bud.

If it were, Tommy Bowden would have been fired quickly. Do you know the reason he wasn't? He beat his rival.

It's funny how you and Clemson fans think bringing up history bothers SC fans. It is what it is. There is zero reason to think the future of both programs isn't bright. That clearly bothers you and the only way you know how to deal with it is to downplay SC's accomplishments and cherry pick arguments to fit your extremely subjective opinions.

Call me a troll, but I always remain objective. I give Clemson credit where credit is due. I also understand SC is not an elite program yet. I have no agenda, and I am well-adjusted enough to be ok with my university's rival having a good football team. You, however, seem to derive some of your self-worth by the outcomes of football games.

South Carolina has a better football team than Clemson and has the past four seasons. It will for sure change during our lifetimes, but right now, you need to deal with SC being the team.

Tell em coot.***

Jan 3, 2014, 12:11 AM

I never claimed we were elite

Jan 3, 2014, 12:13 AM [ in reply to Soggy Waffle- ]

But your buddies in the other thread think you are (Hahah).

SCAR is not top dog of anything but the not-amount-to-anything pile.

huh??...

Jan 3, 2014, 12:17 AM [ in reply to Soggy Waffle- ]

you say "It's funny how you and Clemson fans think bringing up history bothers SC fans. It is what it is"

But yet you acknowledge that 5 yrs ago is history, 4 yrs ago is history, 3 yrs ago is history, 2 yrs ago is history. You bring up the pst four seasons.

Objective? bahahahahahaha

"You, however, seem to derive some of your self-worth by the outcomes of football games."

Is that what you and your fellow visiting coots are doing on this board. Evidenty you parents sucked and didn't teach you how to act as a guest in someone's home.

Unfortunately for you its all your life***

Jan 3, 2014, 12:12 AM

This is not a home

Jan 3, 2014, 12:36 AM

This is a website and this entire site is coots this, coots that. I can't help but respond. It's the same with any other hobby or interest.

Hobby, obsession, same thing.

Jan 3, 2014, 12:36 AM

We're flattered.

Re: Hobby, obsession, same thing.

Jan 3, 2014, 12:55 AM

In the words of Famous Jameis (or was it Rodney King, I forget), "My brothers, can't we all just get along?"

Re: House Coots: To any other truly elite level team

Jan 3, 2014, 1:04 AM

Neither South Carolina or Clemson should be considered elite

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,386
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic