Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hot Rod and Bad Chad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Hot Rod and Bad Chad

Nov 26, 2012, 9:38 AM

I just saw where Hot Rod McDowell apologized for our loss to SCAR. I hope he reads this post because Rod was one of the few bright spots Sat night. My gosh I am still SMH at Chad's play calling and for turning away from the run game as hot as McDowell was....Hot Rod, you don't owe anyone an apology, but Coach Morris sure owes you one...Thank you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree***

Nov 26, 2012, 9:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

to be honest, Chad's arms were tied

Nov 26, 2012, 9:39 AM

since our ol wasn't blocking on the passing game

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This again? Really?

Nov 26, 2012, 9:43 AM

The OL can't help it if we're not calling the right plays. No OL in CFB is going to block Clowney for 6 seconds, especially when the LT is left out to dry one-on-one with no help from a TE or RB.

Your "blame the OL" excuse is invalid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didnt get that either...why go to the deep passing game

Nov 26, 2012, 9:45 AM

when you can't block...you obviously need to get the ball out of the QB's hands quickly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I didnt get that either...why go to the deep passing game

Nov 26, 2012, 9:47 AM

did bryant or peake even play

Exactly. We either threw the ball laterally or deep, with

Nov 26, 2012, 9:47 AM [ in reply to I didnt get that either...why go to the deep passing game ]

virtually nothing attacking the LBs. We ran exactly 0 quick slants, and we have the quickest receivers in CFB.

That's all playcalling, that's all on Morris.

SC can't cover the mid range passes. That's how they've been beaten this year. That's why our coaches chose not to exploit that I guess.

We ran several quick slants.

Nov 26, 2012, 9:49 AM

Not enough of them, but we ran it quite a few times. Sammy dropped on and caught another, Nuk caught one, and Jaron caught one.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't see that. Yes, we ran crossing routes, but I didn't

Nov 26, 2012, 9:58 AM

see any quick slants as I've always known them. The ball gets delivered about 5 to 7 yards beyond the LOS, meaning the QB has to throw it very quickly after receiving the snap. I didn't see one of those.

Just a suggestion, put #40 in and

Nov 26, 2012, 9:48 AM [ in reply to I didnt get that either...why go to the deep passing game ]

let him help the OT on Clowney. Then throw the slant over the middle to Sammy or Nuk.

Oh yeah? Where do you coach!?!?!!?

Nov 26, 2012, 9:58 AM

Just kidding. That's a good point, it boggles the mind why "the Chad" didn't give any help on Clowney. Doesn't make any sense at all.

I agree and would add....

Nov 26, 2012, 9:51 AM

that NCSU is going to make a run at Chad. He might better offer up that apology rather quickly.

Re: Hot Rod and Bad Chad

Nov 26, 2012, 9:55 AM

I agree with most of these comments....don't know why we went away from the run. Don't know why we kept trying to force the ball deep when ther LBs and secondary folks were dropping 15 to 20 yds deep....don't know why we fell right in to USC's defense....throwing deep allowed the Clown to run crazy on us....play calling in general was puzzling....nothing like what we ran all year...no screens, no trick plays, nothing....Think somedoby suffered a brain fart

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic