Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Drainage project is functionally complete.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 511

Drainage project is functionally complete.

Nov 9, 2020, 12:10 PM

Not nearly as awesome or substantial as ryanadidas®'s, but hopefully it will help us out.

Over the past two weekends we've been working on a drainage project. Actually two separate ones, first is burying the downspouts into a solid pipe and piping it out to the stormwater creek. The second, was an open French drain down the high side of the house and along the fence.

Last weekend was the trencher work and digging. Got the French drain piping in, but needed to backfill with gravel. Started the downspout piping, finished the area where the piping is in the French drain trench.

This weekend was a lot of work, finished the downspout piping so we could bury it and get a wheelbarrow filled with gravel to the French drain trench. Bribed 4 friends over yesterday afternoon with beer and pizza, and knocked out moving 5 cubic yards of gravel into the trench.

It's functionally complete now, just in time for all the rain this week. We still have a lot of grading and moving all the excess dirt around, then grass seeding. Also going to have 5 cubic yards of 5"-7" river rock delivered, and that will be covering the French drain trench, and also extending to the fence whenever it's along the fence line. Then some large rip rap at the outfall.

All in all, we've spent around $1,500 on this project, probably another $1,000 for the river rock and final materials. I would've gladly paid someone for the labor of this, but no contractor wants smaller jobs right now!

Gearing up to use the trencher - which was a lot of fun to use, highly recommend.

Trencher boner, giggity.

This was the wrap up from last weekend. The combined part where the downspout piping is above the French drain piping in the same trench, you can see the French drain turns at the bottom of the picture. Managed to hit about every coax, fiber, and telephone line as they were a solid 2' from the 811 markings. Fortunately didn't hit the active AT&T fiber into the house, did dig it up though and rebury.

Wrapping up from the last weekend, the PVC pipe is the neighbor's downspout that ties into the piping chase. French drain turns and goes under the fence following the low part contour of the existing grade. Note the Macgyver'd chicken wire fence extension that prevents Shuri from jumping the fence.

This is wrapping up last weekend. Had a friend over to help with some of the digging, seen near the outfall.

After this weekend, need to move the dirt below the picture somewhere.

After this weekend, need to move the dirt to spread it flatter on the right. The French drain and between the fence will be covered with the river rock.

The outfall into the stormwater creek.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Seems to me this whole thing was just a ruse to get your

Nov 9, 2020, 12:22 PM

friends over so you could take photos of your friends bending over a ditch in jeans and making us send you our own hard earned cash for high resolution copies so that we can incorporate them into our graphic construction worker fan fiction novels.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I prefer them pixelated.***

Nov 9, 2020, 12:54 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nice

Nov 9, 2020, 12:50 PM

surprised the Col couldn't round up some screw ups that needed to work off demerits.

I guess that sort of thing is frowned upon these days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Man, if she was still at Pope that might've been

Nov 9, 2020, 12:56 PM

a possibility. Instead we got a couple out of shape ultimate players, haha.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck replacing your windows when you mow

Nov 9, 2020, 12:55 PM

for the first time next spring.

But at least your poop hole is closed.

Unlike ryanadidas®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Hence the covering with 5"-7" river rock...***

Nov 9, 2020, 12:57 PM

Could you recreate the second pig, only with the pants

Nov 9, 2020, 12:56 PM

around the ankles?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope you checked to see if that ditch was jurisdictional

Nov 9, 2020, 1:33 PM

Or else I am going to collect a nice paycheck for being a narc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Yo

Nov 9, 2020, 1:37 PM

Ineligible user®, can you hit me with his address?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

How long has it been now?***

Nov 9, 2020, 2:09 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It all went to the ditch anyway, I just made it go there

Nov 9, 2020, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Hope you checked to see if that ditch was jurisdictional ]

faster.

Replies: 11
| visibility 511
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic