Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hope this becomes a bigger story, so there is accountability
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 4,753

Hope this becomes a bigger story, so there is accountability

Sep 21, 2015, 6:38 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/21/world/asia/us-soldiers-told-to-ignore-afghan-allies-abuse-of-boys.html?_r=0

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's ########. I'm here now, and if we see it, we have to

Sep 21, 2015, 6:48 AM

report it.

The NY Times has publish NUMEROUS articles on ########. We'll add this one to the list. I think they LOVE dumping on our mission here because they are a bunch of Libtards that have never been in combat.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's ########. I'm here now, and if we see it, we have to

Sep 21, 2015, 7:02 AM

I hope what you say is accurate. That's part of the reason why I posted that here. I know there are a a bunch of vets or active duty folks that post here. I wanted your input. That said, you think there is any chance some soldiers had a different experience than what you had? Anyway, one way or another someone needs to be held responsible, whether it be he NY Times if the are lying, or someone else if there is any truth. Also, thank you very much for your service. Your insight is very much appreciated as well. Stay safe.

1. Stop reading the NY Times. It's garbage.

Sep 23, 2015, 3:23 AM

2. If you want to know anything about Afghanistan, ask someone that's here.
3. It's tough losing a family member, especially a son/daughter, to something like this. Sometimes you search for explanations when the only explanation is that there are bad people in this world that don't think twice about hurting others.
4. This is my second time in Afghanistan. In 2012, I was very close to where this Marine was located. In fact, I visited this FOB several times. If they were told something like this, it was an isolated incident that ONE PERSON might have said. It was definitely not the entire command's direction.
5. American media has a way of spinning the truth to meet their agenda, which gets more readers.
6. If an action or event is deemed common practice in an entire country, even if it's wrong, good luck trying to stop it. We CAN stop it on our installations, but this is a practice that's far more commonplace in Afghanistan that you would hope.

Learn something today...

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/brinkley/article/Afghanistan-s-dirty-little-secret-3176762.php

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/8257943/Paedophilia-culturally-accepted-in-south-Afghanistan.html

#2:

Sep 23, 2015, 4:11 AM

The US Gov't and its cannon fodder are the only legitimate sources of information.

LOL

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another question...

Sep 21, 2015, 7:43 AM [ in reply to That's ########. I'm here now, and if we see it, we have to ]

Do you think that special forces soldier Dan Quinn is lying? It would be the lesser of two evils if he was. Either way, when it comes to kids, it's best we get to the facts of what really happened.

I bet he told the truth, and then American media spun it.

Sep 23, 2015, 3:25 AM

Being told not to stop it on scene might have had this thought process...

I sure as heck wouldn't start raining on a parade of armed Afghans taking part in this by myself. I'd report it up my chain of command and have the ENTIRE command deal with it. You don't want to make yourself a target to anyone -- especially with Green on Blue incidents soaring (like they were in 2012).

Re: That's ########. I'm here now, and if we see it, - pls

Sep 21, 2015, 8:02 AM [ in reply to That's ########. I'm here now, and if we see it, we have to ]

be safe and thanks 4 your service

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you personally observe every single serviceman

Sep 21, 2015, 4:43 PM [ in reply to That's ########. I'm here now, and if we see it, we have to ]

Stationed in the middle east and can vouch for all of them

Got it

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a personal attack on you, btw

Sep 21, 2015, 4:47 PM

Stay safe over there

while no single incident should be overlooked

Sep 21, 2015, 7:01 PM

I think what Marine One is likely upset about is the

liberal media's tendency to place these stories in an environment where it "sets the tone"

rather than simply being seen as a single incident.

The vast, vast majority of our armed forces are people who deal every day with issues, emotions, and situations

well beyond the norm -

and well beyond the abilities of normal people to deal with appropriately.

Individual incidents should never, ever upset that reality.

To play politics with that reality is the liberal media's cause...

but it is a cause that is, at best, decidedly un-American, and at worst, truly evil.

Really?

Sep 23, 2015, 3:27 AM [ in reply to So you personally observe every single serviceman ]

You're an idiot.

See #4.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17860112

Re: Hope this becomes a bigger story, so there is accountability

Sep 21, 2015, 8:02 AM

Now if we could just stop the FSU Black players from beating up White women, then maybe that would be a good start. It should start with the dads of the White women, and it should end there.

Sorry to thread-jack, but I'm still pissed about those a-holes. We need to start at home with the differences in our cultures. There's a serious gap there apparently.

Sep 21, 2015, 8:18 AM

I am not sure how the Muslim culture varies from Syria, Iraq, to Afghanistan, but it's kind of unsettling that we are about to let 185,000 Muslims from Syria in. I know most will be great, but still seems like potential cultural issues and not in our interest in any way..

Unsettling??

Sep 21, 2015, 10:12 AM

It's a catastrophic mistake! Don't agree?? Go over to Britain or France and ask those folks how it's working out for them.

As a parent, I grieve for my daughter's future in this country because of the purposeful, suicidal choices that our elected "leaders" are making right now. Thankfully, this world isn't the end.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unsettling??

Sep 21, 2015, 3:56 PM

Yeah I was in France as well as the UK last month. Yeah, they have made a mistake. I will stick with "unsettling". It's not that bad, but yeah, I completely concur, it isn't what we want. Why in the heck are we letting these people in? I agree with you.

Sep 21, 2015, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Hope this becomes a bigger story, so there is accountability ]

Or maybe no men should be beating any women, no matter the color. Abuse is predominantly a characteristic of poorer neighborhoods, no matter the race.

thats not surprising the military is funding dictator like strongmen in Africa right now..

Sep 21, 2015, 6:02 PM

Back in the 80's we funded the contras who killed nuns and children. In the 70's the cia and Henry Kissinger coordinated the assassination of Chilean President Allende and installed one of the worst dictators of the 70's and 80's in General Pinochot. In the 50's we overthrew a democratically elected president in Iran and installed the Shah, another brutal dictator

The enemy of your enemy is your friend

Sep 21, 2015, 6:28 PM

Nm

seriously TK79, this anti-Vietnam ranting needs to go to bed...

Sep 21, 2015, 7:05 PM [ in reply to thats not surprising the military is funding dictator like strongmen in Africa right now.. ]

no one in this great wide world is naive enough anymore to believe the liberals' assertion that

peace comes from weakness....

when will you clowns give up the '60's?

The Pentagon denied it today.

Sep 21, 2015, 7:25 PM

http://www.euronews.com/newswires/3072508-pentagon-denies-directing-troops-to-ignore-sex-abuse-of-minors-in-afghanistan/

Thanks for the update.**

Sep 22, 2015, 7:16 AM

nm

FOX News is now reporting the same story.

Sep 23, 2015, 2:40 AM

It's not just liberal sources now. On The Record with Greta is reporting it as well.

The NY Times forgot the opposing POV

Sep 23, 2015, 3:31 AM

Pentagon spokesman Capt. Jeff Davis told reporters on Monday that the practices described in the Times article were "abhorrent" and pushed back on the notion that military members were told not to report instances of child rape.

"We have never had a policy in place that directs any military member or any government personnel overseas to ignore human rights abuses," Davis said, noting rape is a violation of Afghan law.

For what it is worth...

Sep 23, 2015, 4:13 AM

Fox is also running the story. More to come I guess..

Yes -- that's where the quote came from.

Sep 23, 2015, 4:31 AM

For what it's worth, the media generates news articles, even speculation articles, to generate clicks. Clicks=money.

See TCI.

True...

Sep 23, 2015, 4:45 AM

That said, the story was on Fox TV and they had guests etc etc. Time will tell though. Like I said, it's worth getting to the bottom of the story. On a different note, how much longer will you be over there and how's it all going? What's your opinion of the future for that country?

Replies: 26
| visibility 4,753
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic