Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hope the USGA enjoys the FOX money. That coverage is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Hope the USGA enjoys the FOX money. That coverage is

Jun 20, 2015, 2:33 PM

straight up crap. I've gone back outside to pull weeds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was thinking the exact same thing! ****

Jun 20, 2015, 2:40 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heck, this is their best day so far. They need a Feherty or

Jun 20, 2015, 2:43 PM

the guy with the wild mustache......journeyman pro with a few wins.....usually calls 17th and The Masters banned him for speaking about the purse.....name? They add humor, and it is needed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gary McCord is who you are thinking of

Jun 20, 2015, 3:00 PM

Roger Maltbie is another good one with some humor.

Greg Norman is really good - enjoy his commentary. I don't know wht they allowed FOX to do their very FIRST tourney at the US Open - seems they could have done 4 or 5 beforehand to iron out issues.

My big beef is that they need to show the dang scoreboard more! That little one in the corner is dumb - there are more than 4 golfers playing in this thing.

Yea....thanks. I too would like a score board & roll it.***

Jun 20, 2015, 3:38 PM

I agree***

Jun 20, 2015, 2:49 PM

FOX signed a 15-year deal with the USGA. I hope the USGA

Jun 20, 2015, 3:05 PM

doesn't come to regret that decision.

Its their first shot at this. Its fine.***

Jun 20, 2015, 3:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that it's not as bad as people are saying

Jun 20, 2015, 3:19 PM

CBS is obviously superior, as they have a 60 year head start on doing it and the pick of the litter in golf broadcasters. But is it any worse than NBC, ABC, or ESPN? Not really.

One subliminal problem is the unattractiveness of the greens (or browns? LOL). Not as pretty as the plush perfect courses that are on most every week. That translates in some folks' minds as "bad" TV coverage.

HDTV cameras are the mortal enemy of golf superintendents, as they show every little flaw to the entire nation. I know several and they complain profusely about it.

Re: I agree that it's not as bad as people are saying

Jun 20, 2015, 3:35 PM

The greens are a complete travesty. There is only one green on the course that is adequate. They should have fixed this after the US Am that was held there four years ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree that it's not as bad as people are saying

Jun 20, 2015, 3:55 PM [ in reply to I agree that it's not as bad as people are saying ]

I cant believe you actually think the condition of the greens is making people think the coverage is bad. There is not a single commentator with any golf announcing experience. Add to that Joe Buck who suks at every sport he announces and then the bimbo Holly Stephenson and you have the recipe for disaster

I agree

Jun 20, 2015, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Its their first shot at this. Its fine.*** ]

For their first major tournament, it's not all that bad. Fewer commercials and lots of pro tracer is always good.

you prove my point

Jun 20, 2015, 4:21 PM

People just love for some reason to complain about sports coverage. I haven't even noticed the commentators and that's a good thing. I think their showing the actual golf has been good and the most important.

I personally love someone else is stepping into the ring. I hope fox get more college football soon. Pull the reigns away from SecEspn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic