Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You ever have that moment when your looking at two glasses...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 590

You ever have that moment when your looking at two glasses...

Mar 26, 2018, 1:01 AM

Sitting on the counter are two glasses half full of the cheapest Glenlivet Scotch Whiskey that your best “whiskey friend” would dare let pass his lips. He’s halfway through a tale that is certainly exaggerated in his favor at best and the Scotch on the counter is much more valuable than the sum of both of our stories put together. Those two glasses are essentially a representation of everything you’ve valued in life for that day. They are the modern day “talents” mentioned in the Bible . You are literally staring at two days wages sitting on the counter. And no, it’s not expensive Scotch... it’s just Scotch, and Scotch is alcohol, and alcohol is fuel, and fuel is life and life is being wasted evey moment we don’t take a sip. (Feel free to use this jargon at your next meeting heytheretiger. It has suited me well.) This brings us back to my original query... the two glasses. So I’m looking at two glasses and my brother is telling this long behind story and I want a sip but I won’t sip what I want without clear direction and to be honest, his story is half interesting. Suddenly he realizes that he doesn’t recognize his glass among the two glasses. As he begins to panic I assure him everything is going to be just fine. I calmly reach over for the second glass and gently pour its contents into the first glass. Now staring at just one glass of Scotch all of my problems are theoretically solved. All I must do now is drink the Scotch. But how do I live with the guilt of stealing such life filling liquor from the glass of my brethren? The only choice I see fit is to take an excuse and find a reason to sip and be happy. So my reason is Sunday and Monday and my mood is happy. Unfortunately I have fallen in hard times in regards to my availability of liquor. If you know someone willing to share... please let me know.

Sincerely,

7spots

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope for 7spots

Mar 26, 2018, 6:36 AM

Deer 7spots

As a former and once dedicated single malt scotch guy, I can offer you both hope and solace. Try Red Harbor or Zaya rum. Both are better than the crazy expensive single malts. Red Harbor is a bit over 40 and Zaya is a sporty 30. Great taste and less damage to the billfold.

Cheers!!

Re: You ever have that moment when you realize that

Mar 26, 2018, 6:54 AM

having solved one of the greatest philosophical questions of all time, half empty or half full, we are in the presence of one of the great minds of humanity.

7spots you sir are my guru.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: You ever have that moment when your looking at two glasses...

Mar 26, 2018, 8:42 AM

No but I ate deep dish last night and had Old Weller, Eagle Rare, Basil Hayden, Fireball, Patron.

Wobble IPA, Miller Lite, Two Hearted and Bud Light were the beers.

I feel like you think I should feel. #feels

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bar or at home?*****

Mar 26, 2018, 8:56 AM

Replies: 4
| visibility 590
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic