Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hope Chase Brice will be able to be a good backup. I just
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,759

Hope Chase Brice will be able to be a good backup. I just

Sep 26, 2018, 9:12 PM

imagine the whole season is down the tubes if Lawrence gets injured. I think Brice has a lot of good potential. He doesn't have the passing ability of Lawrence, or the running ability of Bryant, but maybe with lots of reps, he can be a better passer than Bryant was. It is just scary knowing that we are one injury to Lawrence away from basically having a freshman backup take over and literally nobody after that. Sure makes me wish Hunter Johnson had stayed around one more year. I'm just babbling. I love that Lawrence is our QB for this year and the next two. If he is healthy for every game, I feel pretty confident he could win it all for us in 2019 or 2020. Not sure if its in the cards this year, with Bama just absolutely peaking and Lawrence a true freshman. I'm thrilled with Lawrence as our QB of now and the future, but just scared of not having any depth now.

I guess it is just as if Bryant had gone down with injury. We were always one injury play away from being in this situation anyway.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope Chase Brice will be able to be a good backup. I just

Sep 26, 2018, 9:13 PM

I hope we never have to find out.

Hope Chase Brice is all in

Sep 26, 2018, 9:16 PM

He will be great QB if needed. He is not a quitter.

Re: Hope Chase Brice is all in

Sep 26, 2018, 9:19 PM

You got that one right!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were one injury away the entire 2016 season

Sep 26, 2018, 10:50 PM

The Cardale Jones situation at Ohio St. notwithstanding, pretty much every great team is one QB injury away from disaster.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We were one injury away the entire 2016 season

Sep 27, 2018, 9:59 PM

I agree.

Kelly Bryant could have torn an ACL in the GaTech game and we would be in the same QB situation.

Less the drama.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chase Brice will a good backup.

Sep 27, 2018, 10:11 PM

Chase Brice will be a good backup! He was highly sought after coming out of H.S. and knows the system probably better than TL. Not the same arm talent; but he has that "it" when the game is being played.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope Chase Brice will be able to be a good backup. I just

Sep 27, 2018, 11:11 PM

Just a fun fact, Chase Brice was the #1 MVP of the 2016 Atlanta Elite 11 Regional. You want to know who #2 & 3 were? Trevor Lawrence and Jake Fromm. Yeah, put that in perspective... He beat a junior version of TL, and UGA's current QB in his elite 11 Regional....oh, and Bentley too.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2626427-5-top-performing-quarterback-recruits-from-2016-atlanta-elite-11-regional

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,759
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic