Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Holy crap. There are no freezers. Like NONE.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Holy crap. There are no freezers. Like NONE.

May 12, 2020, 9:05 AM

Anywhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been looking for a month and it’s been that way.

May 12, 2020, 9:07 AM

Best you can hope for is some gouger selling a $200 freezer for $800.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got a guy coming to hopefully fix it.

May 12, 2020, 9:53 AM

Otherwise I'll get the one mom's not using. 40 miles away. After borrowing a truck. Or take the food to her freezer. I mean 43 years. Well. 20 years since I've owned a freezer. Never had a problem until a freaking pandemic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, i wanted to replace a chest freezer with a SU

May 12, 2020, 9:18 AM

when we moved and have put that on hold.

Also when we bought the new house it had some janky top-freezer apartment size fridge in it (weird considering the rest of the appliances). I wanted the same side by side that we had in the old house again as we had zero issues with it in 5-6 years. This was around 5 weeks ago and none of the big box stores had them in stock due to production halts in China. I ended up finding the one i wanted at the Plugs appliance place in Mt P. They were easy to deal with, delivered when they said they would and moved the smaller fridge to the garage fo free. I will definitely use them again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'mon Tiggity, use your logic.

May 12, 2020, 9:24 AM

It is, after all, peak cannibal serial killer season right now.

DUH.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so thats where all the meat has gone***

May 12, 2020, 9:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FIFY: so thats where all the milk has gone******

May 12, 2020, 9:56 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can get you a deal on a good cooler.

May 12, 2020, 9:51 AM

Only a slight limp.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're all being used to store COVID bodies.***

May 12, 2020, 10:01 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got one in my garage I'll sell you for $150

May 12, 2020, 11:42 AM

Bought it when we were hoarding breastmilk. Don't need it anymore. Full size, stand up kind. Works great.

Tmale if interested. I'm in Chapin area.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Does it still have any tiddy milk in it?

May 12, 2020, 11:44 AM

asking for MauldinT

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My man

May 12, 2020, 11:57 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yo.

May 12, 2020, 12:40 PM

This is still ####### weird.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 months ago I couldn't GIVE my chest freezer away.

May 12, 2020, 11:46 AM

ended up having it hauled away. who woulda thunk?

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

drats that could have become the a keezer.***

May 12, 2020, 12:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Holy crap. There are no freezers. Like NONE.

May 12, 2020, 12:52 PM

Why are people hoarding meat? We finally have TP back, didnt we learn a lesson?

We can hoard meat with zero personal consequence, but think of the supply chain consequences to people packing freezers to the top. The fear and panic, especially at this stage, it so out of touch with reality.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People are eating at home now. We eat out of our freezer

May 12, 2020, 3:14 PM

and fridge now. We're actually saving money eating at home. And yes, a family of five can easily clean out a refrigerator and freezer in a matter of a few weeks.

Heck, when I was growing up we were a family of three. And we had two refrigerators and two freezers. And we ate at home almost all the time too. That's with three less mouths to feed and no pandemic. I'm spending $100 more each time I go to the grocery store, and spending several times that less on fast food and restaurants. Overall saving money, and eating better, like I did as a kid.

The meat shortage is because everyone else is too. Which is why there is no shortage because Publix is stocking restaurant cuts now. Instead of killing livestock, we need to switch to processing grocery store cuts. Same people are eating. Same people are wiping their #####.

Re: People are eating at home now. We eat out of our freezer

May 12, 2020, 9:30 PM

Why are you not substituting take out 2-3 times a week to support local restaurants and give your fridge, freezer and local grocer time to breathe?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One day recently, our local Publix

May 13, 2020, 7:41 AM [ in reply to People are eating at home now. We eat out of our freezer ]

In Woodstock, GA, was obviously moving the chicken that would normally be used in their deli area. Bought 10 pounds of boneless/skinless chicken breasts for $5.50. Wings were priced the same, too. A parochial price gets high prices...adapting keeps things in line.

So many lessons to be learned...good and less good, from this -19 experience. But...most will be ignored, especially by the decision makers we elect. This is a time to realize we elected 'talking heads'...not intelligence.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wrong on consequences. Soon as I got my freezer packed full

May 12, 2020, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Holy crap. There are no freezers. Like NONE. ]

a tornado/storm hit. 5 days without power.

I'll let the stores keep it for me from now on.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic