Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hmmmm...Memphis acting a little SEC-ish.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 994

Hmmmm...Memphis acting a little SEC-ish.

Jul 16, 2014, 2:29 PM

Memphis coach Josh Pastner is expected to hire high school coach Keelon Lawson as an assistant coach. Lawson just happens to be the father of three elite recruits;

K.J. Lawson, a 6-foot-7 wing ranked 37th in the country by ESPN.com. He has committed to play at Memphis.

Dedric Lawson is a 6-8 power forward in the Class of 2016 who is ranked seventh in the country by ESPN.com.

Chandler Lawson is a 6-6 wing who is ranked No. 1 overall in the Class of 2019 by one recruiting site.

Lawson has a forth son names Jonathan who is a sixth-grader and who one coach said "may be the best of all of the brothers."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Hmmmm...Memphis acting a little SEC-ish.

Jul 16, 2014, 3:11 PM

Sounds like a very smart hire to me

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who has 2019 rankings out

Jul 16, 2014, 3:16 PM

that just might be a little ridiculous considering that class just completed the 7th grade

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Or maybe he's a legitimately good coach who deserves the job

Jul 16, 2014, 3:42 PM

It's interesting you basically cut and pasted an article from ESPN.com, but left out a major paragraph.

"Lawson is the head coach at Hamilton High in Memphis and is the last coach to lead a city school to a state title while going unbeaten in the largest classification. Lawson, who played at UAB and LeMoyne-Owen, also spoke to at least two other schools -- including Vanderbilt -- about potentially joining their coaching staffs, sources said."

There's a huge difference between hiring someone for one of the school's 3 assistant coach positions that you're allowed by NCAA rules, and just hiring someone for a support role. You can't get by with 2 assistant basketball coaches and one guy who doesn't belong.

The guy is the best high school coach in the Memphis area, has been around the area for years and is well-connected to the AAU scene, and can obviously teach basketball considering 3 of his own children are elite prospects and he's won a state title while going undefeated. It seems like a home-run hire in all facets to me.

Oh, I thought this was going to be about

Jul 16, 2014, 4:18 PM

them claiming some Bama titles.

Message was edited by: SpillerHighLife®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Replies: 4
| visibility 994
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic