Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was just looking at the OL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,606

I was just looking at the OL

Jan 30, 2014, 9:10 AM

and our top three guards based on the bowl game depth chart are all seniors in 2014. I'm looking at Norton and Guillermo as centers though I do think either could and I believe has played some guard.

I was surprised I thought we probably needed tackles more than guards till I looked at this. I guess we're to the point where some of the recent and future signees may have to play pretty early

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that is why I'm a little concerned about our recruiting

Jan 30, 2014, 9:13 AM

numbers at this position. I love ALL the talentaed skill postion players we're getting but you do NOT want to fall behind at this position!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that is why I'm a little concerned about our recruiting

Jan 30, 2014, 9:22 AM

Yeah Im get razzed here for harping on that but you're right. With two medicals we didnt plan on we werent in a position bring any more in. we are brining in 2 this year and two last year. If they all cant play and contribute we are going to be in a bind.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got called a Coot for bringing this up***

Jan 30, 2014, 10:54 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Coot!

Jan 30, 2014, 6:50 PM

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that is why I'm a little concerned about our recruiting

Jan 30, 2014, 1:10 PM [ in reply to that is why I'm a little concerned about our recruiting ]

This concern is relative. If we were not loaded everywhere else the main focus on recruiting would be elsewhere. When AE left we all got our panties in a wad over running backs. The 'woe is we,' club insulted Hotrod with their lack of confidence in his ability.

The only reason we seem to focus on Oline is because we consider it our weakest link. Sometimes I get pretty defensive about the concerns because of tnetter's history of dumping on coaches for lack of S&C and other considerations.

If I've ever come at you hard about our Oline I apologize. Even though it appears to be our weakest link I really believe everyone will be pleased with our guys next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we have 16 OL next year not counting any moves

Jan 30, 2014, 10:33 AM

from another position which may happen. LT and C take a specific skill set, the others are fairly interchangeable ant that's -- there is not a #s concern.

Next year will be big on DL and moderate to heavy on OL. The 2016 class will need to be heavy on OL.

The O line is the one "position" we should be too deep. The

Jan 30, 2014, 10:46 AM

entire offense can be no better than the O line.

His subject

Jan 30, 2014, 4:26 PM

Has been addressed multiple times. We have 16 on scholly next year . That is a normal # for most schools. You'll occasionally see a rise to 18 or a dip to 14 all over the country. That happens because of an oversign worthy guy flipping I a school or someone who wanted to sign and was too good to pass up. Or in the other case. One who flipped away from you or injuries or such. But in average most teams has around 16. 16 that is ... 16!!! So #'s aren't low!!

Shouldn't we have a couple guys who red shirted last year

Jan 30, 2014, 4:41 PM

On the 2-deep this year? We will be fine. Your supposed to lose people off your team. It is college ball after all.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,606
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic