Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
all of us who love tillman hall sure better
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

all of us who love tillman hall sure better

Jun 29, 2015, 1:16 PM

be glad the board's decision was made prior to charleston.

100% of the arguments for taking down the flag also apply to tillman hall.

and that's the hypocrisy of it all. nikki grandstands about taking down the flag, but at the same time she supports keeping the tillman name. that's a distinction without a difference.

i suppose we should burn down the calhoun house too. correct mr. wilkins?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

State law would prevent that from happening, but don't let

Jun 29, 2015, 1:21 PM

me get in the way of your rant.

"Even if the university wanted to change the name, state law would have gotten in the way. It prevents a structure named for any historic figure from being renamed."

http://www.turnto10.com/story/28083811/clemson-faculty-senate-change-tillman-hall-name

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Um, no

Jun 29, 2015, 1:27 PM

Nice try, though

Big difference between flying the Confederate flag over the state capitol and having a building named after somebody

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I completely agree !!!!***

Jun 29, 2015, 1:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

OP wrong on so many levels ....***

Jun 29, 2015, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Um, no ]

Re: Um, no

Jul 2, 2015, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Um, no ]

Over the state capital? How bout over the soldier at the war memorial. The latter would be the accurate statement.

Re: all of us who love tillman hall sure better

Jun 29, 2015, 1:28 PM

Suck it cooter, Tillman won't come down bc a stupid human kills someone !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tillman loves to

Jun 29, 2015, 1:50 PM

pitchfork coots...

once again i'm reminded that even clemson has

Jun 29, 2015, 1:50 PM

a disturbing percentage of fans who failed reading comprehension.

/* switch to 5th grade level */

i am pointing out gov. haley's and mr. wilkins' hypocrisy. they are cowardly offering the flag as a sacrificial lamb until the firestorm subsides. pure politics. the troublemakers will come for tillman's scalp again... just wait. i can't wait to listen to the governor's rationale for keeping it now that she's trampled the flag.

Did you ever think that

Jun 29, 2015, 2:25 PM

maybe you're just wrong?

Hmmm....

Give him a few minutes..he's waiting on a ladder so that he

Jun 29, 2015, 2:38 PM

can climb down from his high horse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Be sure to get back to us.....

Jun 29, 2015, 3:08 PM [ in reply to once again i'm reminded that even clemson has ]

when hate groups routinely brandish images of Tillman Hall, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, or Robert E. Lee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: once again i'm reminded that even clemson has

Jun 29, 2015, 3:36 PM [ in reply to once again i'm reminded that even clemson has ]

Idiot coot. How many buildings at usuck should be renamed?

Re: once again i'm reminded that even clemson has

Jul 2, 2015, 7:10 PM [ in reply to once again i'm reminded that even clemson has ]

This is really the same as the gun thing. They want to out law guns from good citizens so that only out laws have them. Out law the guns so it's easier for the out laws. And better yet, outlaws don't want a registered gun for doing their crimes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah yes. My local hate group uses Tillman Hall

Jun 29, 2015, 1:54 PM

as their logo.

There's something in these hills.

Jun 29, 2015, 1:56 PM

Not really. One of those things is actually about heritage. The other is not, but was defended by a bunch of people who were convinced it was (even though most would never be caught dead in a Dixie Outfitters tshirt).

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

Mount Rushmore should get a facelift

Jun 29, 2015, 1:56 PM

Since, you know, slave owners

Clemson

Teddy Roosevelt owned slaves?

Jun 29, 2015, 2:25 PM

Who knew?

His mama came from a slave holding family

Jun 29, 2015, 2:27 PM

And she flew the Stars and Bars in NYC after many CSA victories

So that means Teddy supported it?

Jun 29, 2015, 2:37 PM

Logic man, use it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Well -

Jun 29, 2015, 2:50 PM

“I don’t go so far as to think that the only good Indian is the dead Indian, but I believe nine out of every ten are, and I shouldn’t like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth. The most vicious cowboy has more moral principle than the average Indian.”
– Theodore Roosevelt

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

If my memory from a CU US History class is accurate....

Jun 29, 2015, 2:54 PM [ in reply to So that means Teddy supported it? ]

I recall a quote by Roosevelt about African-Americans wherein he said something substantially similar to the following;

I've not been able to think of any solution to the problem offered by the presence of the Negro on this continent, but of one thing I am sure; inasmuch as they are here and can neither be killed nor driven away, the only wise, honorable, and Christian thing to do is to treat them and each white man strictly on his merits as a man, giving him no more and no less than he shows himself worthy to have.

Teddy shot animals for sport

Jun 29, 2015, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Teddy Roosevelt owned slaves? ]

that's a no no.

There's something in these hills.

I may need to check my meter

Jun 29, 2015, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Teddy Roosevelt owned slaves? ]

But mine was mostly a tongue-in-cheek response. There will be many things renamed all across this country if we start to erase part of our history, even if it is a giant black eye.

Clemson

Re: Mount Rushmore should get a facelift

Jul 2, 2015, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Mount Rushmore should get a facelift ]

Their is no way in any form or fashion that all those poor southern men and their teenage boys would have given up their lives so that the rich plantation owners could have slaves that worked for free cutting them out of jobs back in those days!!!

I can defend the confedrate battle flag of Northen VA much

Jun 29, 2015, 2:19 PM

easier than I can the naming of Tillman.

And I consider myself a constitutional conservative who votes majority Republican.

I mean, the man was a racist who only had his name on the building in the first place because of a hefty donation at the time. Rename the danged thing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Go listen to Rush some more, it's all you got. LOL

Jun 29, 2015, 2:35 PM

Try being a true conservative.

The government shouldn't tell folks who they should marry, where they should put their $, or that they have to support something other than their country/state/community.

History is there to learn from, to say things don't change is as naive as the world is round.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Jun 29, 2015, 2:38 PM

The Flag should come down but after that it will always be something.

Circumstances being as they are.....

Jun 29, 2015, 2:59 PM

as a Nation (ONE NATION), we should be looking for things that unite and cement us and not things that divide and ignite us. Removing the confederate flag for the State House grounds would be an excellent place to start IMO.

Re: Circumstances being as they are.....

Jun 29, 2015, 3:21 PM

Fortunately, Clemson is an institution of higher learning.

Eventually his name will come down because it's the right thing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Eventually, you will depart from our boards ...

Jun 29, 2015, 3:35 PM

because it is the right thing to do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

He is a constant reminder.....

Jun 29, 2015, 3:40 PM

why we should all remember to thank God daily that were are not Gamecocks.

I wouldn't hold my breath***

Jun 30, 2015, 1:28 AM [ in reply to Eventually, you will depart from our boards ... ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chicken who live in glass coops should not throw stones....

Jun 29, 2015, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Circumstances being as they are..... ]

$CU has more than it fair share of buildings on its campus named after people who would not be considered poster children for the civil rights movement. Some of those buildings not only housed salves but were built using salve labor.

Darn auto-correct.

Jun 29, 2015, 3:38 PM

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Chicken who live in glass coops should not throw stones....

Jun 29, 2015, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Chicken who live in glass coops should not throw stones.... ]

You don't see me defending th

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've all seen how your position changes....

Jun 29, 2015, 4:01 PM

depending upon which side of an argument you think best benefits The University of Second Choice.

Re: Chicken who live in glass coops should not throw stones....

Jun 29, 2015, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Chicken who live in glass coops should not throw stones.... ]

You don't see me defending the men those buildings are named after.

So you should go throw stones at your own...

Jun 29, 2015, 4:01 PM

...before coming here.

Show some class, take care of your own family, then 'worry' about ours.

Or let the classlessness of being what you are continue to shine....

You haven't seen anyone here defending Ben Tillman either.***

Jun 29, 2015, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Chicken who live in glass coops should not throw stones.... ]

Re: You haven't seen anyone here defending Ben Tillman either.***

Jun 30, 2015, 8:40 AM

Everytime you argue for his name to remain, you're defending him.

You're an idiot....

Jun 30, 2015, 9:12 AM

and your opinions are not only unwanted but they are completely meaningless and irrelevant.

Nobody here cares what you say or think.

What? When did the KKK start using Tilman Hall

Jun 29, 2015, 3:38 PM

to terrorize black people?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2015, 3:52 PM

I am sure this will not be well received by many , but I feel compelled to post this link for my fellow Christian's consumption. Perception can indeed be reality , WWJD ,

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/576-what-is-the-meaning-of-pluck-out-your-eye

At the end of the day....

Jun 29, 2015, 5:58 PM

when the rubber meets the road, when all is said and done, it's just the right thing to do.

"all of us who love Tillman Hall"????????

Jun 29, 2015, 9:45 PM

What??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My loyalty/love is for Clemson University. Not a name

Jun 30, 2015, 10:22 AM

on one of it's buildings. If the trustees/administration/students/faculty feel a name change is needed, so be it.

It won't change anything for me.

Jul 2, 2015, 7:17 PM

Wrong. History would be rewritten if we started changing street and building names. It is a terrible scar in our history, but that's how it was then. Slavery was rampant everywhere on the globe and accepted as an "ok" practice of humanity back then. The changes would NEVER end if we didn't just focus on the elephants in the room like the rebel flag. Most everything else is very minor compared to it.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic