Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Coots are Jack up about Women's BB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

The Coots are Jack up about Women's BB

Jan 9, 2015, 6:01 PM

They are talking NC, football don't matter when you got #1 Girls team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Women's basketball is surprisingly fun when

Jan 9, 2015, 6:17 PM

You're ranked #1

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Women's basketball is surprisingly fun when

Jan 9, 2015, 6:19 PM

LOL

Jan 9, 2015, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Women's basketball is surprisingly fun when ]

I doubt very many people bragging about being #1 actually sits down and watches women basketball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i doubt many people who brag about your national championship

Jan 9, 2015, 6:29 PM

Actually sat down and watched it ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i doubt many people who brag about your national championship

Jan 9, 2015, 6:36 PM

hey Cocklover - you're talking about women's cbb. you do understand that concept don't you? complete waste of education. hey, maybe the lady vols are playing the lady rebels tonight. have fun with that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: i doubt many people who brag about your national championship

Jan 9, 2015, 7:54 PM [ in reply to i doubt many people who brag about your national championship ]

You're right...I couldn't sit down the entire game because I was a nervous wreck..

for the first time ever***

Jan 9, 2015, 7:56 PM [ in reply to i doubt many people who brag about your national championship ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh, No....It's Not***

Jan 9, 2015, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Women's basketball is surprisingly fun when ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Uh, No....It's Not***

Jan 9, 2015, 6:25 PM

The 16,000 fans at the CLA last week would probably disagree.

Jan 9, 2015, 6:28 PM

great for them - enjoy girls bball. loads of fun. irrelevant as usuck

Jan 9, 2015, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Uh, No....It's Not*** ]

They will have great season but no way the lady Coots beat UCONN so no NC.

Jan 9, 2015, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Uh, No....It's Not*** ]

So what you're saying is they finally found a use for that white elephant and it's women's basketball?

Hey that's more than was left in the 4th during the UT game.***

Jan 9, 2015, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Uh, No....It's Not*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jan 10, 2015, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Uh, No....It's Not*** ]

Dude you're so full of ####....the day you have 16k in that dump for a women's basketball game is the day your football team win the SEC!!!

and you never payed attention to it until now, so that....

Jan 9, 2015, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Women's basketball is surprisingly fun when ]

proves you're a fake fan. You just pop up whenever your team is doing good.

Classof09 you got your six....

Jan 9, 2015, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Women's basketball is surprisingly fun when ]

six losses for the 2014 season. 35-17.

Jan 9, 2015, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Women's basketball is surprisingly fun when ]

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Virginia come calling for Dawn Staley. Would she stay with the program she built? Or would she leave to go coach her alma mater. I know people who are family friends of her family and apparently her initial goal when she got into coaching was to end up coaching at Virginia or in the WNBA. That being said this was (1) all hearsay, and (2) before she had the success she has had at USuCk.

Especially on the heels of getting curb stomped by your

Jan 9, 2015, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Women's basketball is surprisingly fun when ]

rival and finishing with 6 losses for the 4th time in your "legend" coaches tenure at your school, and while your losing several recruits a week.. Yeah, then I bet women's bball is a nice distraction.

Re: The Coots are Jack up about Women's BB

Jan 9, 2015, 6:45 PM

Question: what is a ' lady gamecock ' ? Seems a little confusing. Second question: how many of their team
are actually women ? Just saying.

R How about the coach?***

Jan 9, 2015, 7:55 PM

I would rather paint my bedroom than watch women's basketbal

Jan 9, 2015, 7:38 PM

It has to be the most boring sport ever. It's like watching church league basketball, you can only take so many missed layups.

Re: I would rather paint my bedroom than watch women's basketbal

Jan 9, 2015, 7:47 PM

And I'd rather watch that paint dry lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:They enjoy watching a bunch of les run up and down the

Jan 9, 2015, 7:53 PM

court.

They never talked about their women's BB program until...

Jan 9, 2015, 7:54 PM

they won the $EC title last year. I live in the cootlumbia, have all my life, and until they won the $EC title this past season, I have never heard a shamecock fan talk about their women's program or wear any apparel with gamecocks women's basketball on it. So I don't even want to hear them brag about it, when they weren't even paying attention to it even when Dawn Staley had lead them to the NCAA tournament twice before they won the $EC title.

That's all they talk about on 107.5

Jan 9, 2015, 10:08 PM

Callers actually call in to talk about...women's basketball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When that goes south, they'll be cheering for having the

Jan 9, 2015, 8:57 PM

#1 decommit team.

Hey more power to them

Jan 9, 2015, 9:00 PM

It's funny how we make fun of them having a good athletic program when we would ignore it if they were bad in women's hoops .

Well, Tiger fans, what would we

Jan 9, 2015, 9:47 PM

be saying if the Lady Tigers were # 1 in the nation??

Re: Well, Tiger fans, what would we

Jan 9, 2015, 9:48 PM

merely from reading Tnet, I get the feeling not many would know.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, Tiger fans, what would we

Jan 9, 2015, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Well, Tiger fans, what would we ]

I'd be saying what I'm saying now, I'd rather watch paint dry.

I guess as a Tiger "fan" you are not really

Jan 9, 2015, 9:56 PM

"all in" on our athletes who compete. Your blood runs "sorta" orange?

Re: I guess as a Tiger "fan" you are not really

Jan 9, 2015, 10:05 PM

All Orange but like most men, wouldn't sit there to watch women basketball.

Jan 9, 2015, 10:06 PM [ in reply to I guess as a Tiger "fan" you are not really ]

If you can watch it, more power to ya I guess ;)

Jan 9, 2015, 10:08 PM

In other words, the day will never come that I haul my kids and myself on a 4 hour trip to Clemson just to watch a woman's basketball game.

If that makes me less of a Clemson fan, so be it.

And as I said above, most of the Coots bragging about their women's basketball team, probably doesn't even watch it.

I played in the pep band for some women's games.

Jan 9, 2015, 10:11 PM [ in reply to I guess as a Tiger "fan" you are not really ]

On several occasions there were games with no fans in the seats.

It was strange, seeing a sporting event with the two teams, officials, arena staff, scorers, press, cheerleaders, and security, etc. with no one watching from the seats.

Re: I played in the pep band for some women's games.

Jan 9, 2015, 10:13 PM

But I'm certain greybengal was there since he wants to throw slurs at others for not being "all in?"

The same thing we said 2 years ago when womens track was #1

Jan 10, 2015, 1:06 AM [ in reply to Well, Tiger fans, what would we ]

Nothing

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coot wimmen bball was all the talk in 1982 -link

Jan 9, 2015, 10:10 PM

http://benwilliamswritings.blogspot.com/2013/07/1984-pam-parson-scandal-21-march-2005.html?m=1

related joke: did you hear Todd and Moore is having sale on Pam Parson athletic shoes?

Jan 9, 2015, 10:12 PM

They have extra long tongues

and I'll bet the chickens DON"T want to talk about that...

Jan 9, 2015, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Coot wimmen bball was all the talk in 1982 -link ]

if ya wanna throw a damper on a coot call-in show thats drifted to the Lady Gamecocks (?), just call in and ask if this team is as good as Mr. Parsons team

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and I'll bet the chickens DON"T want to talk about that...

Jan 9, 2015, 11:10 PM

Hold on.... When did women get a basketball team? Is this one of those lingerie leagues?

Re: and I'll bet the chickens DON"T want to talk about that...

Jan 9, 2015, 11:19 PM

They had to find sumthin' to do when they stopped havin' them nekkid pillowfights....:~)

(sorta stole that from The Big Bang Theory)

Jan 9, 2015, 10:10 PM

Lol, women's basketball. When you can't fill a stadium for the WNBA finals (the super bowl of women's basketball) you can rest assured that nobody who isn't a coot gives a #### about your college women's basketball team.

sounds like you follow us enough to

Jan 9, 2015, 11:18 PM

Know we are the greatest in women's basketball.

Re: sounds like you follow us enough to

Jan 10, 2015, 12:24 AM

Tell me this, were there Tigers on your boards bragging about men's soccer winning the ACC? Probably not, you are grasping at straws, and you know those straws are becoming more and more rare.

Jan 10, 2015, 12:29 AM

I know this is off topic, but I'm up in Knoxville visiting (caring for) my elderly grandparents, and I actually went to the A&M vs Tenn. game Thursday night. I'd never been to Thompson-Bowling Arena, so I took my cheap opportunity to go and watch a top-10 match up. I can say this, there are definitely a few places in the country where women's b-ball matters. The arena is more dedicated to the women's team than it is the men's.

Sadly, there were more fans in the seats than any Clemson men's game I've been to in my life time. Now, the arena is over double the size of Littlejohn, but women's b-ball can make a school money...if done right.

Jan 10, 2015, 12:37 AM

I hope it doesn't come across as me defending USuCk, and their new found love for women's b-ball, but to be fair, there was a time when women's b-ball was a decent draw at Littlejohn.

As someone else put it, "what would Clemson fans be saying if their WBB team was #1?"

Jan 10, 2015, 12:46 AM

They would be saying, " we have a woman's basketball team"? Come on man. You only have to go back to last year NIT games at home to see a sold out game.

Jan 10, 2015, 1:04 AM

Sold out at Littlejohn still doesn't equal the fan base I saw Thursday night. Official attendance was 507 more than Littlejohn capacity. And, unfortunately, I've never been to a sold out game at Littlejohn. I have been to Duke and UNC games where there were plenty of seats and plenty of blue. I'm just making an observation that women's b-ball matters at some schools, and it generates revenue. That's all.

Jan 10, 2015, 1:09 AM

Lol, whatever makes you feel better. And also, just did a quick check on your numbers and they aren't accurate.

Jan 10, 2015, 1:24 AM

http://www.utsports.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2014-2015/ut0108.html

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewContent.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28500&CONTENT_ID=897346

Sure.

Nothing makes me feel good about talking about women's basketball. I just wanted to point out the fact that it can (and does) make money for some schools. Everyone shouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. I'm simply being objective.

Jan 10, 2015, 1:32 AM

A and m vs tenn against a game when clemson had exactly 10 k in attendance. Seems like a solid argument... I can't possibly see any holes in this argument. So, how short was the bus you ride on?

Jan 10, 2015, 1:42 AM

Get back to me on this. Average attendance for a Lady Vols game vs average attendance for a Clemson game. Pick a year...any year.

You are the one on the short bus, if you don't get the point of my post. And, my point isn't that the there are women's b-ball teams that draw more fans than CU b-ball...the point was that women's b-ball can be a lucrative sport for some universities.

Resort to insults. I'll resort to facts.

Jan 10, 2015, 7:19 AM

Using the most premier woman's program to prove a point is silly. Tenn and ucon programs are the exception to the rule. Now hop back on short bus and take it back to Columbia where there are others you can convince of your theories

Jan 10, 2015, 1:49 PM

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/w_basketball_RB/reports/Attend/14att.pdf

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/Reports/attend/2014.pdf

That makes 5 women's programs that averaged a higher attendance than Clemson last year. We are on par with Purdue's women's attendance.

The two previous years, 7 women's teams had a higher attendance than Clemson.

I'm not a fan of women's b-ball, but I'm not just going to dismiss it as pointless. It makes a lot of schools money.

Again, I'm just pointing out facts, and you just try to point insults.

Jan 10, 2015, 2:06 PM

Actually, I was wrong about making money. No women's b-ball program makes money. But, they aren't hemorrhaging money either.

Point is, there are a good many schools who have a solid fan base for women's basketball.

Also, I've lived in Columbia before. It sucked! Surrounded by a bunch of c0cks...and they happened to be Carolina fans as well.

Jan 10, 2015, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: The Coots are Jack up about Women's BB ]

You've never been to a sold out game at little john? You haven't been to many games then. While Purnell was here we had a ton

SEC, SEC, SEC!!!!!***

Jan 10, 2015, 1:17 AM

I don't care about Women's BB but It pisses me off to get

Jan 10, 2015, 9:47 AM

beat buy their men's team

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sour grapes man.. I would expect Clemson fans

Jan 10, 2015, 11:29 AM

to support and be excited about our #1 ranked women's bball, soccer, or even golf.
Good for them.
To be fair, our last Natl Champ was women's rowing. Something people on this board were excited about at the time.
The ridicule only serves to make you look like a bitter or jealous rival.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic