Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey, cool, let's go DHS.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 579

Hey, cool, let's go DHS.

Apr 22, 2019, 2:07 PM

Using facial recognition biometrics and then passing it along to airlines.

https://www.iflscience.com/technology/this-conversation-should-terrify-you-viral-thread-about-airport-tech-is-creeping-out-the-internet/

Can't see anything going wrong at all with our government doing this. Nothing. Nada.

Lemme get a holler from all the people who simultaneously think the federal government is evil and out to get you but then applaud this kind of stuff.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I saw that on reddit this morning.

Apr 22, 2019, 2:14 PM

I'm not sure who would think this is a good idea.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey, cool, let's go DHS.

Apr 22, 2019, 2:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

There's nothing remotely "cool" about this.

Apr 22, 2019, 2:40 PM

But "we" have accepted less and less privacy in the name of convenience. If anyone thinks for a second that the government isn't capable of gross violations of privacy then their head is in the sand.

GO TIGERS!!

I'd imagine they are getting a majority of the faces to

Apr 22, 2019, 3:48 PM

recognize from social media. All that startup money didn't come from thin air. Sure..conspiracy theory, whatever, but there's zero doubt in my mind that the "angel investors" for facebook and myspace were shadow companies of the intelligence agencies.

Leaving my tin foil hat on, I'd say the same about the DNA companies like 23andme, ancestory.com and familyDNA. Americans are making it very easy to be tracked.

Don't think so? Yeah...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-01/major-dna-testing-company-is-sharing-genetic-data-with-the-fbi

Eventually, everyone will have a "personal score", based on credit scores, social media entries, insurance scores, and genetics. China is already doing some of that.

https://www.investors.com/politics/commentary/dna-testing-kits-risks-privacy/

Re: I'd imagine they are getting a majority of the faces to

Apr 22, 2019, 4:07 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nosedive_(Black_Mirror)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw it.

Apr 22, 2019, 5:49 PM

Probably not far from the truth, but in reality based on this

https://tech.co/news/china-social-credit-tech-dystopia-2019-03

https://www.theepochtimes.com/media-reports-emerge-of-a-new-id-card-in-china-with-dna-info-gps-location-and-more_2876337.html

Re: Hey, cool, let's go DHS.

Apr 22, 2019, 3:17 PM

Agree with others. I’m not sure who would be enthusiastic about this. I don’t even like the license plate scanners.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

15 years ago you would get called a nutjob if

Apr 22, 2019, 4:18 PM

you predicted the govt would be doing stuff like this. Now, nobody really cares.

We are living in an Orwellian state right NOW. We have been.

The NSA spies on all of us, including our emails and text messages and uses AI to sift through it all. They lied about it and were proven wrong... and nobody really cared.

We give money and weapons to Al Qaeda... nobody cares.

The federal reserve manipulates currency and contributes to inflation as a hidden tax..... nobody cares

The military industrial complex has their hand in decisions of national security and dominates the mainstream media on the topic.... nobody cares

Half the country wants to disarm the people and trust the government with a 100% monopoly of force.

Everyone knows our politicians are liars and manipulators..... nobody cares.

Everyone knows the two party system leads to damaging effects on our democracy.... nobody cares.

It has been proven that government expenditures are mathematically unsustainable. And people want more government programs/spending.

The Patriot Act savaged individual liberty and it's largely still in tact.... but nobody cares.

Saudi Arabia and Israel have more say on our foreign policy than the American People... nobody realizes or cares.

Money in politics has reached astronomical levels. That coupled with a heavily centralized federal government makes it much more cost effective for massive corporations to buy their policy. Nobody cares.

Because we still have an unnaturally high standard of living, the government has no reason to snap the trap shut. We are all volunteering to give away our liberties and our leverage. As soon as a major crisis hits, the government (with support from the dumb*ss sheep) will absolutely assert itself to maintain control. We have shackled ourselves but have yet to test the edge of the plantation.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 15 years ago you would get called a nutjob if

Apr 22, 2019, 7:28 PM

Yeah, I definitely was called a nutjob on here 15 years ago when I spoke against the Patriot Act, DHS, and the increase of government intrusion on our lives. Cause terrorism, blah, blah, "sometimes we have to make exceptions to the Constitution for national security".

Good times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

So why would you want that entity that is running us amok

Apr 22, 2019, 7:43 PM

to be able to further disarm us?

I feel like I am being consistent. ;)

I don't.***

Apr 22, 2019, 11:18 PM

Oh... well. Good.***

Apr 23, 2019, 12:02 PM

Because of 9/11... or... the cause for 9/11?.. Who got what?***

Apr 22, 2019, 9:16 PM [ in reply to 15 years ago you would get called a nutjob if ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is everyone surprised?

Apr 22, 2019, 4:59 PM

Have you ever posted a publicly accessible image of your face on the internet? Heck, whole law firms have every lawyers face on their websites.

There are perhaps 4 pictures of me on the internet that are accessible. I'm sure that's more than enough to get my face harvested into a database somewhere, maybeif they do some enhancements and zooming. When you post a picture of yourself on the internet, it is accessible to billions of people. Deal with it, or keep yourself offline.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See? This is the attitude that makes us easy to enslave.***

Apr 22, 2019, 7:39 PM

No, not me. I do not think there is a decent pic of my face

Apr 22, 2019, 8:22 PM

online to make a match. I've made maybe 6 Facebook posts ever and have had two profile pics, all from a distance. Maybe 12,000 or so on Tumblr, but then again that was someone else who's surely in the system.

We have 3 kids and none have ever appeared online. Any picture of them that EVER appears on the internet will be their own doing. Mom and dad are giving them a clean slate. Except that one pic from the Greenwood newspaper. But son was not named in that pic and even got his scout pack wrong.

I'm very serious. People are idiots posting what they post online. Text, pics, and everything else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that people are being stupid by doing that... BUT

Apr 23, 2019, 12:03 PM

I also believe that the government should not be allowed to do anything with it.

Contract theory of government...

Replies: 17
| visibility 579
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic