Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey Trump Supporters.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 76
| visibility 841

Hey Trump Supporters.

Feb 10, 2017, 10:30 AM

Is there an actual justification to his pathological lying?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/829133645055135750

Murder rate highest its been in 47 years: https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/02/07/remarks-president-trump-roundtable-county-sheriffs

Don't need to provide more examples because he gives a new one practically every day. Why are you okay with a man that will blatantly lie, consistently?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

He's fighting back against the...the...the...truth, maybe?***

Feb 10, 2017, 10:35 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's basically correct, isn't he?

Feb 10, 2017, 10:43 AM

He has the fewest cabinet members in place at this point since Washington.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not what he's saying, no.***

Feb 10, 2017, 10:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that he probably doesn't understand

Feb 10, 2017, 12:32 PM

He's basically hearing something true and then sharing his slightly retarded understanding of that, which sounds less true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is he doing it because he has always spoken in

Feb 10, 2017, 12:45 PM

such hyperbole? Is he just genuinely not that bright? Just doesn't give a flyingfuck about being accurate?

If he speaks like this on such a public forum like Twitter, does it not concern you how he interacts with other heads of state?

Oh, it definitely concerns me

Feb 10, 2017, 1:03 PM

And I do think he's not very bright, at least when it comes to politics and policy. He's basically clueless.

Don't soften the blow

Feb 10, 2017, 12:50 PM [ in reply to I agree that he probably doesn't understand ]

It doesn't "sound less true", it is absolutely false.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It does have an inkling of truth, though***

Feb 10, 2017, 1:04 PM

Only insomuch as he feels his cabinet is being obstructed

Feb 10, 2017, 1:09 PM

The "fact" he tried to use to express this point is demonstrably false. It isn't "almost true" because he chose to use language in order to try to make a point. When you use absolutist statements to make a point then it's on you to make sure they are absolutely true. If you miss this mark then the statement is false and you deserve the scorn that comes from trying to lie to make a point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol, i'm seeing the same thing***

Feb 10, 2017, 10:50 AM [ in reply to He's basically correct, isn't he? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"full Cabinet", but sure, read it how you want. How do you

Feb 10, 2017, 10:51 AM

explain away the murder rate?

Or any other extremely hyperbolic lie?

Re: "full Cabinet", but sure, read it how you want. How do you

Feb 10, 2017, 10:54 AM

Trump supporters dab in alternative facts too.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uh, havent researched it like an obsessed person

Feb 10, 2017, 10:55 AM [ in reply to "full Cabinet", but sure, read it how you want. How do you ]

that has TDS(trump derangement syndrome)?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you need to research it when someone says the

Feb 10, 2017, 10:57 AM

murder rate is the highest it has ever been?

But by all means, attempt to belittle this real conversation.

i'm just wondering if you examined and researched

Feb 10, 2017, 11:02 AM

all of Obama's lies?

Or is one lie more than another?

And are we talking about politicians lying? I'm shocked. That's unheard of.

So to answer your question, I'm betting most people are so used to politicians lying all the time, it's just like another day in Washington.

Now back to your regulary scheduled TDS.

Pretty certain Trump has said more demonstrably false

Feb 10, 2017, 11:08 AM

statements in the past few months than Obama did in the past few years.

I recall Obama said something false about the US Steel industry and workforce, and also remember the outcry from it.

Yes, politicians lie about their agendas and motivations all the time, but they don't blatantly lie about things that are so easily proven so.

Keep attempting to belittle it though. Maybe we can mention their abuse of power on the Ivanka clothing line too.

Indeed

Feb 10, 2017, 11:18 AM

I think it has something to do with the twitter style thinking. Usually when a politician "twists" facts they do so with nuance. They shade truths and try to create cohesive arguments as to why their view of the facts is correct. But in the twitter-style short burst format, we are getting such nuggets as "the longest such delay in the history of our country" , "The murder rate is the highest it's been in I guess 45-47 years." and (from Trump's mouthpiece) "this was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period".

These aren't facts, and they aren't arguments as to why facts should be seen differently. They are simple and outright falsehoods.

Excellent point. Twitter doesn't allow for the nuance

Feb 10, 2017, 11:23 AM

most politicians use to twist truths around. It only allows for these obvious factual falsehoods.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pretty certain Trump has said more demonstrably false

Feb 10, 2017, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Pretty certain Trump has said more demonstrably false ]

BARACK OBAMA
"For the first time since 1990, American manufacturers are creating new jobs."
— PolitiFact Wisconsin on Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012

this is just one of the first i saw on a list that is 4 web pages long

Feb 10, 2017, 11:24 AM

BARACK OBAMA
"The only time government employment has gone down during a recession has been under me."
— PolitiFact National on Thursday, May 10th, 2012

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets not forget that BIGGEST lies of all that ACTUALLY

Feb 10, 2017, 11:27 AM

affected people

You can keep your doctor.
Your premiums will go down 2500
If you like you healthcare plan, you can keep it

now, those are lies that affected real people

Feb 10, 2017, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty certain Trump has said more demonstrably false ]

I think the difference is Obama deceiving with lies like, insurance will go down, medical care will get better and you can keep your doctor and insurance if you like them.

Which is doing or did the most harm with his lies?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those weren't lies, those were the intent and goals of

Feb 10, 2017, 11:35 AM

the legislation he wanted. Congress gets just as much blame on that one.

You obviously have more respect for Obama than...

Feb 10, 2017, 11:37 AM

the 33 states who put this twitter queen in the whitehouse to undo Obama's pet legacy project.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please explain how respect for Obama has anything to do with

Feb 10, 2017, 11:40 AM

Trump becoming president. It's not like Obama was running, and we all know how bad Hillary is.

I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing some people realize their screaming for the removal of Obamacare is actually the ACA that has benefited them.

Trump ran on a platform to undo everything Obama did.

Feb 10, 2017, 2:00 PM

Trump was the only person who would do that. Everybody else was a run of the mill politician. The people believed Trump and elected him POTUS.

Obama plainly said he would take it personally if Hillary didn't win. Now you've trolled yourself into a corner.

Trump lost the popular vote for one....

Feb 10, 2017, 4:45 PM

but for second, he won because he appealed to the economic loss felt in the midwest and coal country. He stoked the fires of the animosity and hate felt in those regions over being ignored. He ran on draining the swamp and changing politics from insider play to caring about average joe again. During the campaign, many polls also showed the voters for Trump thought he would not get rid of Obamacare, Medicare, and Medicaid thinking that was just bluster. He's done the exact opposite on most of the issues he's ran on that actually got him elected (instead, he's carried through with the bluster portion of his rhetoric) I wonder how all this has sat with those that voted for him thinking he would be the more populist candidate? Shouldn't sit well at all.

LOL.....such a generally well balanced post, but you had

Feb 10, 2017, 5:12 PM

to throw the tired old "hate" word in there. It's almost as overused these days as "racist".

It's possible to be sick of the status quo with being full of "hate" towards anyone or anything.

Most of these people live their lives in a calm, genial manner, and when they saw the opportunity to improve their lot, they took it. They really don't sit around seething with anger and venom, I promise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't think they hated to be ignored?

Feb 10, 2017, 5:58 PM

What would you call it?

That's racist.***

Feb 10, 2017, 5:59 PM [ in reply to LOL.....such a generally well balanced post, but you had ]

Was Obama not raked over the coals for those?

Feb 10, 2017, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty certain Trump has said more demonstrably false ]

I seem to remember a large screaming outcry about them.

He was wrong to have said it. I said it then, and I say it now with Trump's falsehoods.

What's the website you used?

Feb 10, 2017, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty certain Trump has said more demonstrably false ]

"4 web pages long", how many per page? Convenient to just say that.

What does the same website have for Trump at this stage already?

Re: What's the website you used?

Feb 10, 2017, 11:38 AM

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Well clearly that doesn't fit his narrative.***

Feb 10, 2017, 11:41 AM

So are you only capable of acknowledging lies from one side?***

Feb 10, 2017, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty certain Trump has said more demonstrably false ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2017, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Pretty certain Trump has said more demonstrably false ]

If that were my daughter I would have stuck for her too.

If you have to put the acronym in parentheses

Feb 10, 2017, 10:57 AM [ in reply to uh, havent researched it like an obsessed person ]

so that it makes sense, it's not really a thing.

Re: uh, havent researched it like an obsessed person

Feb 10, 2017, 11:14 AM [ in reply to uh, havent researched it like an obsessed person ]

One of the main symptoms of Trump Devotion Syndrome is that you don't care no matter how often and obviously Trump spouts lies.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

No, he isn't

Feb 10, 2017, 11:02 AM [ in reply to He's basically correct, isn't he? ]

And if this were the only case, then maybe he'd get the benefit of the doubt.

But he keeps saying things which are demonstrably untrue.

I don't think he actually understands what he's saying

Feb 10, 2017, 12:35 PM

For instance, I'm sure he saw something that said he has the fewest cabinet members confirmed at this point since Washington. But he didn't quite understand that qualified fact, so he went with his tweet, which isn't true.

I guess that's a better alternative?

Feb 10, 2017, 12:43 PM

But it's scary to think he freely acts on things he doesn't understand.

Who said that?

Feb 10, 2017, 1:05 PM

And I agree, although I think he's got advisors and cabinet members who understand things much better.

I wasn't trying to ascribe that thought to you

Feb 10, 2017, 1:10 PM

My point is more that I don't know which is worse.

But your view actually makes me less comfortable.

Re: Hey Trump Supporters.

Feb 10, 2017, 11:30 AM

Why are you Trump haters so concerned with grammar and these small exaggerations he makes?

Taxes are decreasing, we're securing our borders, and destroying ISIS....

You can thank him later.

It's ridiculous that some of you are actually more concerned with nitpicking every little thing a candidate says and making sure they are PC instead of the actual policies they are presenting.

Oh, the policies suck, too***

Feb 10, 2017, 11:31 AM

Re: Oh, the policies suck, too***

Feb 10, 2017, 11:32 AM

Really? Lower taxes suck?

Move to Sweden....

Your taxes went down?

Feb 10, 2017, 11:35 AM

Wow, that was fast. Only 3 weeks in office and Trump is already helpin the workin man.

And I ain't moving nowhere.

The policies are actually pretty good***

Feb 10, 2017, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Oh, the policies suck, too*** ]

Curious, which ones would that be?

Feb 10, 2017, 5:09 PM

And considering Trump seems to be deciding his policies based almost completely on fear, are all Republicans as afraid (if your opinion mirrors theirs, which I'm guessing it does) as Trump?

3 things

Feb 10, 2017, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey Trump Supporters. ]

1) I truly hope you are just trolling. If not your thinking is scary as it amounts to "Who cares about what is and isn't true"

2) Trump is not a "candidate". He is the president. There is a BIG difference in how he should behave. Sadly there hasn't been any change with the new title.

3) This isn't about grammar. It's about outright falsehoods. If he keeps mistakenly saying things that are untrue (trying to give him any benefit of the doubt here), then perhaps he needs to a better (or any) editor before he puts those words out?

"needs to *HIRE* a better (or any) editor"

Feb 10, 2017, 11:36 AM

hth.

$5 please.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, as payment will you take 5 of these?

Feb 10, 2017, 11:40 AM

Trump Dollar

Re: 3 things

Feb 10, 2017, 11:38 AM [ in reply to 3 things ]

The crime rate is rising in Americas largest cities....that's the important part. Whether or not it's actually higher than it was 30+ years ago is not....

I realize this particular post was not about grammar but a lot of them are.

"The crime rate is rising"...do you wonder why

Feb 10, 2017, 11:41 AM

President Trump would not say that, and instead say "the rate is the highest in 47 years"?

It's not random...there is a specific reason.***

Feb 10, 2017, 11:45 AM

Interesting, that's not remotely close to what he said***

Feb 10, 2017, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: 3 things ]

THEN HE SHOULD SAY THAT!

Feb 10, 2017, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: 3 things ]

Thats what you don't get. You give him the "Oh, he meant something else" excuse, when it's simply not what he said. That is my point in all of this. He needs to learn how to communicate and get his points across without telling outright falsehoods.

That's even giving him the benefit of the doubt in assuming he is trying to convey something which is true. I don't know that I've seen evidence of that.

This is the man who outright mocked a disabled reporter on TV and then instead of apologizing and saying he didn't mean for it to appear that way, he simply tried to argue that it didn't happen.

Look up the term gaslighting as is applies here.

Re: THEN HE SHOULD SAY THAT!

Feb 10, 2017, 10:37 PM

This is exactly how Hop defends the bible he pretends to read.

Seriously, what?***

Feb 10, 2017, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey Trump Supporters. ]

I was horrified at the idea of a Hillary administration.

Feb 10, 2017, 12:21 PM

Also, I detest rampant socialism. Bernie? Yuck. I'm an NRA member, I support the NC bathroom bill, I believe abortion is murder. I'm a business owner with employees. I have skin in the game. Ok... so there are my conservative bona fides.

Having said that, people who actually admire Trump are missing a very important part of their brain.

Trump is clearly the biggest liar in the history of public office, which I realize is saying a lot. He has the emotional maturity of a 9 year old. He has no idea how the world works or even how the English language works. He's a crazy old grandfather who has been given the keys to nukes.

And as much as I detest Trump, his supporters are the truly pathetic ones. The guy is clearly garbage. But he is what he is. And the guy...somehow won. He has no real politics. And he's too stupid/clumsy to hide it. But at this point, to defend him is embarrassing. It really shows just how scary ignorant and awful at critical thinking so many people are. And Democrat fanboys are just as bad... they've just never had a leader who was so obviously a buffoon like Trump. So they have not been exposed to this severe degree.

I also blame all the politically correct pansies on the other side. The average person is so sick of political correctness that I don't blame them for jumping on the bandwagon early in his campaign for that reason. But since then, the guy has clearly shown what type of sloppy, disgusting, immoral narcissist he is. People should have high enough standards to reject his low quality personality.

But instead some peeps are so badly in sheep-mode, thanks to the horrible two party system, that they are literally intellectually incapable of seeing how low they have to sink to defend him. It's truly a historic shame.

Re: I was horrified at the idea of a Hillary administration.

Feb 10, 2017, 12:37 PM

And absolutely none of that has anything to do with whether or not he will be a good president.

Maybe some people are more concerned with the actual issues than whether or not he is politically correct.

Keep nitpicking everything the man says, we'll just sit back and watch our taxes go down and jobs come back to the country.

I'm using your response to make a different point...

Feb 10, 2017, 12:45 PM

I hope that he is so inept, that it permanently decreases the power of the executive branch. This would, in turn, limit the power of the federal government as the executive is the most centralized.

I hope Republicans eventually pull a Ronald Spiers on Lt. Dyke and throw him under the bus before he takes the entire conservative movement with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qocmVDu3BE

And to address your post....

He's already thoroughly demonstrated he's incapable of a lot less than being POTUS.

Come on, be honest

Feb 10, 2017, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: I was horrified at the idea of a Hillary administration. ]

You didn't read his post did you?

You just skimmed it, saw the phrase politically correct, and then your lizard brain kicked in and you couldn't resist the impulse to somehow make this post about that.

Either that, or you are trolling.

Re: Come on, be honest

Feb 10, 2017, 1:01 PM

Yes I read his drivel....calling people who support our president "pathetic" and claiming one of the most successful persons on the planet who's created hundreds of thousands of jobs "doesn't know how the world works"....

Laughable.

Like I said, you guys can continue to blast Trump for not being as good of a person as you think he should be, me I'm not in a position to do so, the rest of us will just sit back and watch things get better.

So, to be clear

Feb 10, 2017, 1:06 PM

You're cool with him lying. Don't think it's a big deal, and that he shouldn't catch any flack for spouting outright falsehoods.

You somehow equate criticism of him on this with political correctness?

Re: So, to be clear

Feb 10, 2017, 1:12 PM

Its not that I'm "cool" with him lying....

It just doesn't outweigh the fact that I think his policies are what we need.

If he starts throwing out these things during a state of the union address that would be different but him saying something that isn't exactly true at a breakfast in front of 100 people doesn't concern me.

Saving this post for morning after SOTU address.

Feb 10, 2017, 1:16 PM

:)

Point for saying that. Bookmarked.***

Feb 10, 2017, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: So, to be clear ]

But, and this is an honest question...

Feb 10, 2017, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: So, to be clear ]

If he is willing to tell falsehoods to the world (as he has done) why do you trust, for a second, what he says his policies will be?

Why do you think he is being truthful when he tells folks what he intends to do?

Because of the slogan 'hope and change.'***

Feb 10, 2017, 1:21 PM

Again, so you have no justification for his lying?

Feb 10, 2017, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: So, to be clear ]

Just that you like his policies.

It's not that Trump's politically incorrect.

Feb 10, 2017, 1:27 PM [ in reply to So, to be clear ]

It's that he's factually incorrect.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Facts are politically incorrect***

Feb 10, 2017, 1:34 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not that Trump's politically incorrect.

Feb 10, 2017, 2:10 PM [ in reply to It's not that Trump's politically incorrect. ]

Wouldn't that be factually alternative?

So jobs and taxes are that important?

Feb 10, 2017, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I was horrified at the idea of a Hillary administration. ]

I'd rather not have an ugly human being running our country. He has not shown he is fit for public office.

Cash me ousside

Feb 10, 2017, 1:54 PM

Replies: 76
| visibility 841
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic