Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here is Why Ole Miss Get's Caught With Hand In Cookie Jar
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,351

Here is Why Ole Miss Get's Caught With Hand In Cookie Jar

Feb 8, 2013, 11:23 AM

Unlike, other SEC powerhouses who routinely and consistently have likely run secret laundering schemes to buy recruits and have a network of methods to silently and cleanly pay players, I am of the opinion that Ole Miss' boosters are rookies at buying recruits. I would not be surprised at all if Ole Miss is caught and hammered. Bottom Line Ole Miss does not have SEC Cheating Credentials.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Especially since they ticked off so many SEC teams

Feb 8, 2013, 11:36 AM

It's alright to take one or two away from them but when you tick off UF, Tenn, Auburn, Bama, LSU by taking players that they REALLY wanted then you are in a world of trouble. I know that Clemson, UF, FSU, Tenn, etc have and are going to turn them in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will surface when/if they beat major SEC teams.***

Feb 8, 2013, 11:38 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nkoompoochie gonna gitchee.***

Feb 8, 2013, 11:37 AM

I don't know... whitney-gate proved even bottom feeders can

Feb 8, 2013, 11:59 AM

get away with it

Seriously? I seem to remember not too very long ago that

Feb 8, 2013, 12:14 PM

the word was Brad Scott had a "Bag Man" in South Fl. That's how we got Sammy Watkins and Tony Steward. Obvioulsy that wasn't the case.....We had a shot a one of the recruits they landed and that was a stretch in my opinion. Who really cares? It doesn't affect us.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL4Heisman

The big difference between us and Ole Miss

Feb 8, 2013, 12:17 PM

the area we got those big recruits (Watkins, Bellamy etc) were areas that we had been working for years. It just so happened that it exploded at at the same time.

Ole Miss was pulling players from areas that they typically didn't have a foot print.

That they typically didn't have a footprint in prior to

Feb 8, 2013, 12:22 PM

Hugh Freeze and his staff arriving. Maybe they did cheat...who knows? I just don't see why we're all up in arms about it....We lost Nkemdiche and Kamara. So what?!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL4Heisman

Its not just us that is questioning Ole Miss

Feb 8, 2013, 12:44 PM

This does seem like a "smoke=fire" situation.

The one I don't get is the folks saying that Auburn was paying Adams and Lawson. Lawson was an Auburn committ way before the seaso started. Adams was a big Auburn recruit and it was a Clemson/Auburn battle from the beginning. Just because someone chooses another school doesn't mean we got outbid.

Big Difference Between Clemson and Ole Miss Football

Feb 8, 2013, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Seriously? I seem to remember not too very long ago that ]

Brand Equity. And, 2 of Top 5 Recruits, plus a bunch of others.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but espn's investment will prevent it***

Feb 8, 2013, 12:25 PM

Re: Here is Why Ole Miss Get's Caught With Hand In Cookie Jar

Feb 8, 2013, 12:33 PM

I just do not believe that Hugh Freeze and a 7-6 year equates to recruits seeing the program on a major rise in one year. Can it happen? Yes, I remember the 1980 season, which I spent in Lexington Medical Center with a broken ankle and severe infection listing to games on Saturday thinking boy we are really struggling and went 6-5 only to win the whole enchilada in 1981 at 12-0. But times are different and as we veterans know one class does help but it takes two or three in a row to build a real competitive team!

Something is amiss with all the programs those kids were involve with that already are at a certain level to obtain the brass ring, Ole Miss is not one of those. Did Nkemdiche effect some kids? Yes and we lost Elijah Daniels because of that influence, but I just don't see it with the entire class! Been a college football fan since 1968 and the SEC big boys know all the tricks and the Rebels and Oxford, Miss is not Bama, LSU, Florida, Georgia or even Cootlumbia for that matter, man I hated saying that last part!

Be Curious to See How These New Recruits React

Feb 8, 2013, 1:58 PM

When Ole Miss is 1-4 maybe worse in Mid-September.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,351
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic