Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Help a brother out re: Blackstone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 407

Help a brother out re: Blackstone

Sep 4, 2020, 12:20 PM

I am *so close* to buying one. How often do you use yours ? How hard to clean ? Are knockoffs acceptable ? How much gas does it use ?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Help a brother out re: Blackstone

Sep 4, 2020, 12:25 PM

I don't use it as much as I should.

I don't like cleaning but it's not terrible. I would highly recommend the metal cover. I haven't bitten the bullet because they had gotten up to $90 on Amazon. Just saw yesterday they are down to $67. Thinking about pulling the trigger.

No idea about knockoffs, but I didn't think Amazon price was terrible for the real one.

Seems it maybe uses the same to less gas than my regular gas grill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve got the small one and used a conversion to use

Sep 4, 2020, 12:27 PM

A regular propane tank and it lasts months with pretty frequent use.

Also, reheating pizza on it is a game changer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do it now, do pass fo, do not collect $200

Sep 4, 2020, 12:26 PM

I’ve averaged daily during COVID

I’ve made breakfast lunch and dinner sometimes.

Seriously, go get it now.

Amazing...

Sep 4, 2020, 12:27 PM

Use it 3+ times a week, I've heard the Sam's one warps because it lacks the bracing under the iron griddle that the blackstone has. I converted mine to NG, but before I did I was using up a ton of propane.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cleaning is not bad as long as you scrape it while it's hot

Sep 4, 2020, 12:29 PM

then use the water bottle to spray and wipe it down with a towel and then oil it right after use.

My corners are starting to get a little crusty, so I think I need to strip and reseason it, but I'm waiting until the temps and humidity are down some.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah that sounds like a lot more than

Sep 4, 2020, 1:03 PM

scrape and burn off the leftovers

I think it is like cast iron. Use it often and probably

Sep 4, 2020, 1:52 PM

easy to clean. Don't use it often and you will be having to re-condition etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is...

Sep 4, 2020, 2:35 PM

I'm having trouble in the corners where it doesn't get quite as hot and is harder to clean with a cloth.

Might want to try one of these

Sep 4, 2020, 3:00 PM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0814FC26F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A neighbor had one a while back, don't know how often

Sep 4, 2020, 12:31 PM

he used it, but he couldn't keep the rust off it and tossed it. That said, we're on the gulf coast and it's wetter than Aunt Bunny diddlin' in the shower down here...so may not apply to you; the weather or Aunt Bunny.

Aunt Bunny...

Sep 4, 2020, 12:39 PM

WAP?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can probably find a Labor Day weekend sale.

Sep 4, 2020, 12:52 PM

Walmart seems to have them on sale semi-regularly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would like one also

Sep 4, 2020, 12:54 PM

just to try out. There is a long thread on this on the anagram site of IT.

Probably will wait on this purchase since I just laid out big bucks for a new pellet grill that I use constantly right now.

This looks great, but I don't think you can find it anywhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=41&v=6MTap6vgHE4&feature=emb_logo

And some people recommend this vs. Blackstone:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Rhino-Razor-Griddle-Black-Powder-Coated-4-Burner-Liquid-Propane-Gas-Grill/1000364859

Czech v-male***

Sep 4, 2020, 1:00 PM

use gas griddle side more than charcoal grill side.

Sep 4, 2020, 1:31 PM

so easy and quick to fry up some bacon and eggs. Philly steaks. Breakfast pancakes. Saute'd onions and other veggies. Oh man, so many uses.

Charcoal when I do steak or burgers or chicken tho.

I got the combo, just the perfect size and versatility for me:

Sweet.

Sep 4, 2020, 1:53 PM

I like that option.

How does it do the charcoal?

Sep 4, 2020, 2:14 PM [ in reply to use gas griddle side more than charcoal grill side. ]

Is there like a pull out drawer on that side or something?

yes, drawer pulls out on left side for charcoal***

Sep 4, 2020, 3:36 PM

Another question...which one ?

Sep 4, 2020, 2:05 PM

36" amirite ?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve got the baby portable size.

Sep 4, 2020, 2:08 PM

It does the trick, but I’d go bigger.

I don’t really see the time where one would need the biggest one, but alas bigger is better.

You never need a bigger one

Sep 4, 2020, 2:21 PM

until you do.

I would opt for a bigger one.

I cook for five kids and a wife...

Sep 4, 2020, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Another question...which one ? ]

I got the 36" but could probably use a bigger one. I did 12 smashburgers and grilled onions to go on top the other day and used about the whole surface.

One thing, for some applications, the surface is a little smaller than full size because the corners and edges are less hot than the middle. You can use that to your advantage with some meals, but with the aforementioned cook, I needed to be on the middle with most of what I was cooking.

Personally I'd get the 28".

Sep 4, 2020, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Another question...which one ? ]

When I got my gas grill I figured bigger was better and went with a four burner Weber. In retrospect, I'd be happier with a smaller one. It's a question of how much space you have and how much cooking surface you really think you'll use.

This thread is kinda crazy.

Sep 4, 2020, 3:04 PM

Y'all mostly give folks hell for gas grills, but be lazy an don't even cut the metal to make grates and gas is okay? Also, why are y'all smashing your burgers like that?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ever been to waffle house?

Sep 4, 2020, 3:29 PM

what do you think the cook everything on?

Smashburger - season ground beef with salt and pepper, maybe a little garlic powder. Make into large meatballs. Stack on plate and place in freezer for a while - I did 30 minutes, personally - then take out to hot griddle. Place a little oil and then the meatballs on griddle and then using a spatula and the heel of your hand - smash the burgers down to the desired thickness - should be thinner than you would make on a grill - let em cook on one side for as long as you can stand then flip and let em cook about 2/3 as long on the other side. Remove from griddle.

They are crispy on the outside and juicy inside with really excellent flavor.

But for two people you could do all this in cast iron or a stainless pan.

I have been to the Waffle house. This does not change that

Sep 4, 2020, 3:39 PM

folks should not make one comment about grilling with gas then turn around a praise a gas appliance due to some keeping up with the Jones' ########. Just get a cover for your a charcoal grill and have at it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are gas grills that are the awesome...

Sep 4, 2020, 4:11 PM

Sear burners have made a huge difference for the flavor of steaks and meats on the grill.

But hell, 90% of the time I do Steaks in the house on the stove with a cast iron or stainless pan.

I don't even make em into little meatballs.

Sep 4, 2020, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Ever been to waffle house? ]

Just grab a hunk of ground beef, season appropriately, wing it into the pan (or griddle if you have one), and smash. It'll keep its shape thanks to the crust.

Smashburgers for the win. *******

Sep 4, 2020, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Ever been to waffle house? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You get a killer crust on a smash burger.

Sep 4, 2020, 3:37 PM [ in reply to This thread is kinda crazy. ]

Can't achieve that on a grill, gas or otherwise.

It's all a question of how and what you want to cook.

Oh, I can, they are just over done.

Sep 4, 2020, 3:40 PM

I have come to learn that I suck and patting out burgers. I just these crumbly little pucks and it makes me sad.

You just gotta change up your tactics.

Sep 4, 2020, 3:48 PM

Burgers should be cooked over super high heat, like thermonuclear armageddon heat. Just leave them in place until you see some sweat appear on top of the patty. The bottom should have a good char by then and they'll be sufficiently heated through. Flip them and give them a couple more minutes and you should be golden.

That applies to grills and pans and griddles and everything.

Most people who have trouble with beef or pork

Sep 4, 2020, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Oh, I can, they are just over done. ]

on the grill, griddle, cast iron, etc, are just not letting it get hot enough.

Well, 'cause they taste good.

Sep 4, 2020, 3:45 PM [ in reply to This thread is kinda crazy. ]

https://food-hacks.wonderhowto.com/how-to/why-you-need-smash-your-burger-for-maximum-flavor-0156415/

Typical aero post is typical

Sep 4, 2020, 3:52 PM [ in reply to This thread is kinda crazy. ]

I think I’ve got this translated correctly: it’s an amazing cooking machine to have around for all of your cooking needs.

I'm sure it is. Point still stand

Sep 4, 2020, 4:23 PM

one the making fun of gas grills. Can one steam oysters with it?

One cannot compare a griddle to a grill

Sep 4, 2020, 4:28 PM

well, I guess one can, but they are not the same, even if they had the same fuel - they are 2 totally different styles of cooking - vs a gas grill is an attempt to grill/smoke/dare I say "barbecue" to replace charcoal/wood grills.

And, apparently you can steam oysters on it. Who knew?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izlwLGmKSBo

Great. now I want one.

Sep 4, 2020, 4:41 PM

I don't know if I'd have space in my yet to be designed pole barn outdoor kitchen.

Bought one many years ago. It was amazing!!

Sep 4, 2020, 7:48 PM

I think it's still in the attic somewhere. Probably boxed up with the Commodore 64 & 128.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=masQvoOnTuI

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 407
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic