Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trumps top strategerist quits and says why
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 265

Trumps top strategerist quits and says why

Mar 29, 2016, 10:56 AM

http://www.xojane.com/issues/stephanie-cegielski-donald-trump-campaign-defector

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Re: Trumps top strategerist quits and says why

Mar 29, 2016, 11:18 AM

intredasting

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha ha ha. That's a great gif.

Mar 29, 2016, 11:28 AM

As for the Communications Director...well..."duh", I guess. I'm happy for her if she really had the courage to walk away once she realized what she was supporting, but how an intelligent woman doesn't see this from the get-go is beyond me.

null

...and 35-40% of the GOP voters... What's their excuse?***

Mar 29, 2016, 11:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't say. About 99% of Democrat voters support either

Mar 29, 2016, 11:36 AM

Hillary or Bernie...perhaps we just aren't a very bright country.

Seriously, though...I am obviously a anti-Trump conservative...I can't make heads-or-tails of anyone supporting this man. But a politically-savvy, seasoned PR professional? Hard to imagine.

null

She thought he wanted change for everybody... She then

Mar 29, 2016, 11:50 AM

realized it was strictly self-promotion. Personally, as I posted months ago, he started as a disrupter. Manhattan WILL own the Presidency with either Billary or Trump and the only option to them that's been seriously floated,... Bloomberg, the quintessential Manhattanite. (This message brought to you by the media moguls of Manhattan)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad thing is

Mar 29, 2016, 11:41 AM

this may help him even more...

What I've observed on facebook

Mar 29, 2016, 11:47 AM

Is that people are so polarized, even within the "Republican" demographic, that stuff like this just serves to wedge people further apart. I haven't seen anybody change their mind about their candidate of choice. They'll just use whatever articles are written to solidify the stance they already have.

I don't know how much Cruz will be able to consolidate and rally non-Trumpers. But it definitely appears the Trumpers are going to stay Trumpers, to the very end. And that end will be getting slaughtered on the first Tuesday in November.

It's called confirmation bias.

Mar 29, 2016, 12:06 PM

It's the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's beliefs or hypotheses, while giving disproportionately less consideration to alternative possibilities. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting in the context of yesterday's discussion.

Mar 29, 2016, 12:09 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19223022

It's also possible to go too far in the pursuit of

Mar 29, 2016, 12:19 PM

objectivity. The key is to strike a balance.

I think a little bit of that has been exercised recently

Mar 29, 2016, 12:41 PM [ in reply to It's called confirmation bias. ]

over on the P&R bored.

Ha...this is the P&R bored.

Mar 29, 2016, 12:45 PM

I think I've been junged.

Yes, but our very non-scientific poll of tnet Trump voters

Mar 29, 2016, 12:59 PM [ in reply to What I've observed on facebook ]

showed that most of them would vote for Cruz if he's the nominee after a brokered convention.

But I don't really understand the fealty to a particular candidate. If you're voting based on principle, then your vote shouldn't be about how much you like a particular person or not. It should be about how that person can be used to advance the principles you think are right. So be a partisan on behalf of your principles, but don't be a partisan on behalf of a candidate.

That make sense to an extent, but there are some pretty

Mar 29, 2016, 1:07 PM

big fundamental differences between the leading candidates in both parties.

Honesty and consistency.... Feel the Bern!***

Mar 29, 2016, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Yes, but our very non-scientific poll of tnet Trump voters ]

The only problem I have with this is

Mar 29, 2016, 12:49 PM

Why would someone spend 10s-100 million of his own money just to get 12% of the vote and have no ambition to actually win? All the other stuff seems plausible but not this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The only problem I have with this is

Mar 29, 2016, 1:06 PM

Well first of all he's certainly not spending 100's of millions of his own money and he is definitely taking money from supporters.

But regardless of that, let's say he spends like ~ 20 million on his campaign. Compare that to say, running an add in the superbowl. That is a TON of branding opportunity for trump so at that price it's a steal. He has the world's attention for just a few million dollars?

THAT would be my best guess here.

At the same time, I'd argue his brand has taken a huge hit

Mar 29, 2016, 1:08 PM

due to his inflammatory statements that his former corporate partners won't stand behind.

Re: At the same time, I'd argue his brand has taken a huge hit

Mar 29, 2016, 1:19 PM

As logical as your statement is and as much as I'd like to that that you are right; this guy has been spewing crap for so many years I think there is just a sizable minority that just doesn't care and will follow him anyway.

Headline is a little misleading, no?

Mar 29, 2016, 2:08 PM

From skimming the article, she signed on as communications director of a Trump Super PAC in July, and it was shut down in October - wouldn't say she's even been involved in his campaign.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 265
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic