Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mangey pole: IF the Clemson Dabos don't win a national
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 568

Mangey pole: IF the Clemson Dabos don't win a national

Feb 27, 2020, 12:45 PM

championship this coming season, will Trevor Lawrence be deemed an underachiever?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

DJ Ukelele will be starting by midseason and win the Natty.***

Feb 27, 2020, 12:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

& Heisman

Feb 27, 2020, 1:11 PM

in 2021

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, that's a great question.

Feb 27, 2020, 1:05 PM

If he leads us to another National Championship game, then there's not a SANE person who would call him an underachiever.

However, if he has another poor performance in another national championship loss, then I do think there will be a little cloud hanging over his Clemson career.

Anytime you can leave after winning it all, it makes your career look better. If DW4 won the first one, but lost the 2nd, then he would've been thought of just a hair differently.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is some lofty expectations. Hey man, you have to

Feb 27, 2020, 1:10 PM

win every game this final year of your career at Clemson even though you have already done it once, or we will think of you slightly different. What if he plays lights out but we lose in the Natty due to bad clock management? Does that tarnish Dabo's rep?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sure wouldn't be one of those people.

Feb 27, 2020, 5:06 PM

But there's some idiot fans out there who would probably look at TL a little differently if he played "poorly" in the natty and we lost similar to him playing "poorly" in this year's natty.

There would be an underlying, "well he just struggled a little on the biggest stage" narrative among some of our lower IQ fanbase.

I obviously wouldn't look at him any less, but

Feb 27, 2020, 7:35 PM

it would be weird for him to be the guy that dominated the game his freshman year and then struggled in the years following en route to a first round draft status. I think he would still be a legend, but he wouldn't be viewed the same way as Deshaun.

Of course, we all know that his 3rd national title game is going to be a record-breaking performance. It's going to put these thoughts to rest once and for all :)

If Tigers lose in championship last this last....

Feb 27, 2020, 1:16 PM

year, no.

T Law career with 1 natty and 2 career losses would not be seen as an underachiever.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"like this last year"***

Feb 27, 2020, 1:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will still have his senior season to win some more games

Feb 27, 2020, 1:23 PM

dude ain't leaving after this season. Mark it down.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Care to have a friendly bet on that proclamation?

Feb 27, 2020, 1:26 PM

Ain't no way he stays an extra year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure. Case of beer?

Feb 27, 2020, 1:38 PM

?

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Damm, can I get some of that sweet action?

Feb 27, 2020, 2:02 PM

Cause ain't no way TLaw is here after this season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Let's put a limit on it as I only drink sours

Feb 27, 2020, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Sure. Case of beer? ]

and have never bought a case of sours. ;)

What's your favorite cost?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, i'm sure he'll pass up being taken #1 in draft.***

Feb 27, 2020, 3:29 PM [ in reply to He will still have his senior season to win some more games ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 568
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic