Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
yet another nail in brownells coffin
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

yet another nail in brownells coffin

Dec 28, 2013, 3:11 PM

Dude needs to go. He hasn't recruited much talent to begin with and he runs off one of the few with some talent. This will be his last yr IMO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be prepared for "coot" and "you know nothing"

Dec 28, 2013, 3:15 PM

But I hi k Brownell is a clown and will never win a Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hes not a clown but cant recruit

Dec 28, 2013, 3:23 PM

At Clemson with his style of play. Its hard enough to recruit here but add in the most boring play of any team in america and the writing is on the wall. Even if we were winning I'm beating attendance would still be weak. He generates zero excitement for the program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Roper & Rooks & DeVoe > Coleman***

Dec 28, 2013, 8:20 PM

Good call.***

Dec 28, 2013, 9:45 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He "ran off" a guy who is a human turnstile on defense

Dec 28, 2013, 3:20 PM

It doesn't matter if you put up 10 points while allowing your man to score 20, while at the same point getting your bigs in foul trouble. This is not Coleman's fault, but it is the fact. He will do better taking a step down in athleticism to a mid-major program, or a team that runs primarily zone. As for not recruiting. I'm a die hard Purdue fan, and I would have loved the Boilers to have picked up Grantham. When you beat out Michigan and Cincinnati for a midwestern kid, you're doing something right.

Agree....

Dec 28, 2013, 3:27 PM

Brownell inherited a mess leff by OP...I think he deserves another year after this year. I think he has us headed in the right direction

He will definitley be here for another yea after this one. I

Dec 28, 2013, 3:48 PM

would have to believe it would be his own choice to leave here after this season.

Re: yet another nail in brownells coffin

Dec 28, 2013, 3:30 PM

You obviously know very little basketball. At least two players have to leave before next year to make room for Devoe and Grantham. The other will probably be either Smith or Filer. Brownell has us moving in the right direction. Grantham,Devoe,and Rooks will give us offensive weapons that we haven't had next year.

Dec 28, 2013, 3:32 PM

I think Harrison takes his mission

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2013, 3:30 PM

You obviously know very little basketball. At least two players have to leave before next year to make room for Devoe and Grantham. The other will probably be either Smith or Filer. Brownell has us moving in the right direction. Grantham,Devoe,and Rooks will give us offensive weapons that we haven't had next year.

If Coleman was "all that" he would've been playing more

Dec 28, 2013, 3:33 PM

minutes. Yeah the kid can get hot and score but his defensive cost has apparently been too great to make up for it. I hate seeing him go but we've got a deep backcourt with emerging talent and more in the pipeline. Being at or near the top of 330+ NCAA teams in D is pretty solid. Brownell's chances in the long run are better than most people think.

Good luck to Devin and Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, and I like Brownell, but it will be interesting to see

Dec 28, 2013, 3:37 PM

how long he stays around when the great defensive efforts are overshadowed by the fact we can't score 50 either. Something will have to give...

We have to give him a chance to recruit in our new stadium

Dec 28, 2013, 3:38 PM

Remember who our football recruiting took a huge step forward when we improved Death Valley? I can see the same thing happening in basketball. No way we let him go at the end of this year and have our new head coach play in Greenville in his first year. That would be a terrible idea.

I will be shocked if Brownell coaches in the new arena

Dec 28, 2013, 3:43 PM

unless it is for a visiting team in December a la Cliff Ellis. I cannot see our AD tolerating three more 13-16 win seasons and Brownell is not keeping or bringing in the personnel that could change that dynamic. Would love for him to prove me wrong.

I agree, and if anything, moving into the new arena will be

Dec 28, 2013, 3:47 PM

an extra selling point for the incoming coach when Brownlee is let go if the mediocrity to going backwards continues. Sadly, I can see him being let go immediately after that final season before the new arena. A clean break, new era, new arena, etc, etc..

Re: I will be shocked if Brownell coaches in the new arena

Dec 28, 2013, 3:50 PM [ in reply to I will be shocked if Brownell coaches in the new arena ]

prepare to be shocked.

Re: If Coleman was "all that" he would've been playing more

Dec 28, 2013, 5:10 PM [ in reply to If Coleman was "all that" he would've been playing more ]

Brownell is doing great. This years team has shown improvement and will surprise teams as the big men get more comfortable. Recruiting is excellent.
Brownell out-recruited Michigan for Grantham. http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/10/michigan_basketball_misses_on.html
Devoe is one of the "top dozen" point guard prospects per Bob Gibbons.
http://www.orangeandwhite.com/news/2013/dec/14/tiger-signee-gabe-devoe-making-his-mark-torrid-sta/

Fair warning...this will probably make you a coot. I don't

Dec 28, 2013, 3:42 PM

know about how accurate your criticisms are, I just know you broke a cardinal rule to many when you criticized.

Dec 28, 2013, 3:46 PM

really amazes me how some of you exist in the real world.

Your opinion is wrong.***

Dec 28, 2013, 3:55 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ya gotta put...

Dec 28, 2013, 3:58 PM

this one on the University.

Dec 28, 2013, 5:39 PM

Ok,so who do you hire?

Grantham and Devoe are...

Dec 28, 2013, 7:14 PM

Brownell's best recruits yet top 75-125 and we knew at two scholarships over two were goin to leave. This was not a surprise at all. I expected this to come out last week...

Best signature line ever, but like I said...

Dec 28, 2013, 8:46 PM

Many fellow fans are quick to insult you when you criticize Brownell, but can't really give a reason to keep him around other than "Purnell left him a mess!"(4 years ago), and "give him time" (8 years like Bowden?)

Easy - "coot" - just look at percentages - this guy is 100%!

Dec 28, 2013, 8:48 PM

All In!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coot? Just because I don't like our current basketball coach

Dec 28, 2013, 8:52 PM

I'm a coot? Are you some sort of communist?

How about

Dec 28, 2013, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Best signature line ever, but like I said... ]

His recruiting has steadily improved even with one of the worst facilities in the ACC. He has a proven track record as a winning coach, and has showed improvement from what was essentially a new squad in the 11-12 season.

Once the recruits convert to wins, I'll buy it. Proof is in

Dec 28, 2013, 8:55 PM

the win column, not the potential.

When he had a full squad in 10-11

Dec 28, 2013, 9:01 PM

He won and NCAA game. He has barely been able to field a full squad since then. This is the first year that his recruited players make up the entire team, and he still doesn't have 1 senior on the roster.

Re: Lawd.***

Dec 29, 2013, 10:37 AM

Dec 29, 2013, 11:49 AM

Gotta love people running their mouth about stuff they have no clue about

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic