Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hear a lot of crap from both sides about all of the riots
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 491

I hear a lot of crap from both sides about all of the riots

Sep 24, 2020, 11:52 AM

and protests. I think we all agree that protests are a good thing as long as they are kept "orderly". By that I mean without causing harm or destruction to property. I think we can all agree, too, that this cannot keep going like it is without escalation beyond what we already see in some cases. So, without all of the crap about why "I" am right and "you" are wrong, and simply addressing the problem that it is from both sides, here are my questions:

1) what does everyone think it will take to end this mess?

2) Will it take simply removing law enforcement? If so, who "manages" society then?

3) Will it take aggressive action against groups that are gathered and begin harmful/destructive actions?

4) Will any actions taken require property owners to be passive and submit to demands, or, even harm?

5) Do you think this can end peacefully without "costs" to both sides?

Just curious if people actually are thinking about how this can end without all of the emotional grenades.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

What's the next step when peacefully protesting

Sep 24, 2020, 11:55 AM

falls on deaf ears?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

^Operates on Emotional Grenades only

Sep 24, 2020, 11:57 AM

Have you defined the "costs" to accomplish the goal yet?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has a hair trigger...

Sep 24, 2020, 4:23 PM

and hair on the palms of his hands. He's already blind in one eye.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hear a lot of crap from both sides about all of the riots

Sep 24, 2020, 12:05 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it will die down after election...

Sep 24, 2020, 12:08 PM

if Biden wins it will almost completely go away for a while.

if Trump wins, it will eventually subside.

I can't give you specifics because we live in a world where something might be clearly red and people will argue that it's blue. How do you get to a consensus in that environment.

For example, Kentucky AG lays out pretty clear and sensible explanations on charges in the Breonna Taylor case. Then you have people like MKL III completely ignoring it.

When the only justice for some is vigilante justice, how do you win?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it will die down after election...

Sep 24, 2020, 12:25 PM

The world I lived in yesterday has certainly changed, and will again tomorrow. Change is a fearful thing for many but not me. Not you, either, I think. What that change looks like tomorrow is uncertain but this I do know, it is coming. When it arrives I don't know that anyone will be able to say their side won.

Don't the...

Sep 24, 2020, 4:24 PM [ in reply to I think it will die down after election... ]

people with the best aim win?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't the...

Sep 24, 2020, 5:23 PM

And the most weapons and people that know how to use them.

Sep 24, 2020, 12:09 PM

Stronger consequences and more arrests. Less stoking the flames by the media.

Sep 24, 2020, 3:36 PM

Huntclub,

I think there are two MAIN requirements for the violence to be quelled without something else dramatically bad happening:

1. Local leaders who have some real gravitas and cache with the local population have to form a team and make an emphatic statement that they are all dedicated to seeing the norms of justice and fairness re-established in their communities - and that the violence and emotionalism is NOT helping in that regard.

2. In the towns where the worst of the violence is happening, local leadership has to come together with an number of ideas to study and repair the broken relationship between the authority figures and the people. They have to convince people who have very little reason to believe in them, that they will ACTUALLY put process and procedures in place to meaningfully ameliorate the problems.

These are not easy asks, and it will take the involvement of all of the stakeholders in each community to even approach being successful (in calming the violence and resolving some of the problems). But I think it can be done.

People at the national level could help set the table by being less divisive and more supportive.

Is there a delusion that cops are hunting blacks?

Sep 24, 2020, 4:27 PM

I mean, if you really believe that then we should start by issuing tags and limits and have doe days and...

Sep 24, 2020, 4:21 PM

1. It will take the display of a massive show of force by authorities. Note, I didn't say 'force,' only the show of force.

2. No, even Seattle city council overturned the mayor's decision to defund/reduce police.

3. Yes, the FBI is all up antifa/blm's butts now.

4. Possibly, the St Louis prosecutor's actions indicate that going along with rioters may be the easy way out. Fortunately, when the riots move away from the cities I expect rioters will be taking their lives in their own hand when they start attacking people who would rather be call racist than see their families harmed or their property destroyed.

5. Yes, a strong show of force before a riot starts along with the prosecution for federal crimes of the instigators will be the end of this madness.

As BLM love fades from people realizing there is no appeasement of, negotiating with and no amount of bowing down to the organization the authorities will be politically activated to stop this horsechit.

Sep 24, 2020, 4:32 PM

1. I dunno, and I think anyone who thinks they know is kidding themselves.

2. No. That's not a realistic option.

3. That will make it worse. History shows you can't meet angry rioters with more violence. They'll only grow and push harder.

4. I hope not.

5. Yes. I'm not sure how, but I do think somehow it can happen. I think it has to be a case-by-case situation with each city and police force, not a one size fits all national response.

Those aren't great answers, I know, but I think that's the point. I don't think anyone has great answers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Sep 24, 2020, 5:37 PM

Protests are not a good thing just because they are orderly. These protesters are refusing to accept anything that doesn't fit their narrative. The vast majority of these situations that have sparked all the outrage are not examples of racism when you actually take all the facts into context. But in this age of social media and false narratives being constantly pushed on society it will probably never end.

Replies: 14
| visibility 491
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic