Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m not sure why Taggart keeps saying that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I’m not sure why Taggart keeps saying that

Oct 27, 2018, 7:23 PM

he has to change the culture and teach his guys how to win. Fsu was dominant for decades under Bowden. Jimbo won a lot of games there to. I know that their OL is terrible but I think the culture was okay until Taggart’s coaching.

I think that their team has a bad attitude but it’s not like Taggart went into a bottom feeder program that he has to build from nothing, especially with all of the high school talent in Florida.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree..its not like he is in a chad morris type

Oct 27, 2018, 7:26 PM

of situation..hea has athletes..morris who runs a spread no huddle inherited slow boring I formation type guys to run that offense not a good fit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^this^^^

Oct 27, 2018, 7:38 PM

Chad Morris was the best head coach hire this off season. like you said, he has guys that are slow and are power run type guys and turned them into a no huddle offense that is actually scoring some points. in 5 years lets go back and look to see who did better.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. His comments seem a bit desperate...

Oct 27, 2018, 7:30 PM

...and do not compute with the talent he inherited.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: I’m not sure why Taggart keeps saying that

Oct 27, 2018, 7:35 PM

He's not going to say, "They have an awful coach, and it's going to be like that for a long time". The glory has departed.

Oct 27, 2018, 9:22 PM

The first step for this program is to stop beating themselves.

Second is to stop making excuses.

Then, play together and start holding each other accountable. Your teammates shouldn't be high-fiving you for targeting the opposing QB.

FSU had 268 yards from scrimmage. They had 134 penalty yards. They couldn't have beat Louisville today with that lack of discipline. And several penalties were declined or the number would have been higher.

Plus the Targeting can have carry over effect on the next game, too.

And if you think those penalties weren't deserved (Burns), you haven't participated in any important games lately. By this point in the season, officials should be able to keep their hankies in their pockets.

I think it was Don Munson who said in the pregame, 'Osceola didn't rear and the flaming spear didn't stick in the turf, so let's hope those are signs of poor execution to come by FSU.'

He can't change what needs to be changed at FSU.

Oct 27, 2018, 7:37 PM

They need to get rid of the divas and find some kids like we have who play for more than themselves. Selflessness is missing off that team. Those kids know how to win they just don't know how to live and enjoy life win or lose.

Bobby catered to his boys and set the culture. Many, many of FSU's players should have gone to jail. Many times the athletic department got away without penalty from the NCAA because they have a system to cover up problems. Bobby seldom gave a punishment more than a scolding.

Imo, they are somewhere close to where Texas was when Mack Brown left. It will take a long time to straighten out that bunch and I don't believe Willie will last long enough to do it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ that and OLine. they have to get some linemen

Oct 27, 2018, 8:34 PM

They are the foundation of a football team. You can't execute any offense without them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2018, 7:46 PM

Perhaps Taggart feels the need to purge the program of thugs and money-launderers.

that would take care of culture but not teaching them how to win.***

Oct 27, 2018, 7:47 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that would take care of culture but not teaching them how to win.***

Oct 27, 2018, 9:06 PM

Coaches have various leadership styles, and theFSU football situation is going to require its HC to use several different approaches before it becomes something he can be proud of.

For that unruly mob, he must be a disciplinarian...when the NCAA is removing many of the tools of discipline.

I personally think 'Mr Positive' is his style. So he is going to talk about teaching and training while he bides his time and cycles out the talented bad apples and replaces them with responsible guys who respond to coaching. But some of those undisciplined guys today were his guys, freshmen he has to count on to change the culture.

When you think about it, Dabo had it pretty easy...in the sense that he came into a good situation with the vision of making it incredibly better. He had mostly high character guys, an experienced coaching staff, a university with higher academic standards and expectations for its athletes. We all can remember times when he would have had to create some of those conditions at Clemson instead of inheriting them.

Tags has none of those conditions on his side yet. He took a leadership job at GoPro U. I hope he commands great loyalty from his staff, because he is going to need them, and that's where i would start.

Re: that would take care of culture but not teaching them how to win.***

Oct 27, 2018, 9:06 PM [ in reply to that would take care of culture but not teaching them how to win.*** ]

Coaches have various leadership styles, and theFSU football situation is going to require its HC to use several different approaches before it becomes something he can be proud of.

For that unruly mob, he must be a disciplinarian...when the NCAA is removing many of the tools of discipline.

I personally think 'Mr Positive' is his style. So he is going to talk about teaching and training while he bides his time and cycles out the talented bad apples and replaces them with responsible guys who respond to coaching. But some of those undisciplined guys today were his guys, freshmen he has to count on to change the culture.

When you think about it, Dabo had it pretty easy...in the sense that he came into a good situation with the vision of making it incredibly better. He had mostly high character guys, an experienced coaching staff, a university with higher academic standards and expectations for its athletes. We all can remember times when he would have had to create some of those conditions at Clemson instead of inheriting them.

Tags has none of those conditions on his side yet. He took a leadership job at GoPro U. I hope he commands great loyalty from his staff, because he is going to need them, and that's where i would start.

Oct 27, 2018, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m not sure why Taggart keeps saying that ]

Perhaps Taggart feels the need to purge the program of thugs and money-launderers.

Maybe, it will take a while since they have had that mentality for decades.

Oct 27, 2018, 8:14 PM

Taggart is dumb as dirt.

Today was a bunch of highly sought after

Oct 27, 2018, 8:40 PM

3, 4 and 5 star recruits, whom have probably won most games all of their lives before college, expressing their disappointment in the decision to attend Florida State

Subtle disagreement with you...

Oct 27, 2018, 8:48 PM

Jimbo did not instill discipline and to me that was their downfall. Look at all the antics at FSU where the school worked overtime to cover up with help from the paid off police department. Taggert needs to clean up Jimbo's mess.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talent <> Culture

Oct 27, 2018, 9:12 PM

FSU had players quitting like Taggart said in some of his other interviews. That has nothing to do with talent, and everything to do with the culture that Jimbo allowed to form. I understand where Taggart is coming from. He needs to recruit character as much as he does talent just the way Dabo does.

Oct 27, 2018, 9:14 PM

The guys on this team weren't part of that winning culture. They were part of the mess with Jimbo's last bit.

Oct 27, 2018, 9:35 PM

And remember that Jimbo inspired 'loyalty' from his players by being just as undisciplined as them.

Your team gets called for a borderline penalty, and you take up for them to the point of getting a game changing UC call? That was a critical error he made against us last year.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic