Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Haven't got to listen to Munson on radio
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Haven't got to listen to Munson on radio

Oct 14, 2014, 7:40 PM

yet this year, due to every game being on ESPNU and 3:30 lol, but I have yet to see anyone say he is doing a good job. Is there anyone that likes his broadcast? Someone told me he is very loud.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He makes you miss...

Oct 14, 2014, 7:44 PM

Pete.....AND late great Jim Phillips.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree

Oct 14, 2014, 7:45 PM

miss Yanity and Will.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Haven't got to listen to Munson on radio

Oct 14, 2014, 7:46 PM

He is doing fine. I enjoy the broadcast.

Coot***

Oct 14, 2014, 8:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

I had to for the first time Sat.

Oct 14, 2014, 7:48 PM

I've listened to high school games on Friday nights that are better

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

A total embarrassment!

Oct 14, 2014, 7:58 PM

Clemson deserves so much better.

Bruce, who responded earlier must be his brother in law.

Don't like to bash players bc they are volunteering

Oct 14, 2014, 8:00 PM

Munson gets paid and is open for criticism. I've listened to parts of of two games as well as pre and post game analysis and agree he leaves more to be desired. He is a little on the boring side and not very incitful. Prime example is I have Sirius XM in car and was commuting home from work just before Clemson-FSU game started. I began by listening to Clemson radio network broadcast pregame which was terribly boring and switched to FSU broadcast and found their announcers to be very incitful about the upcoming game and very upbeat and entertaining to listen to so I kept it on Tomahawk radio which is pretty sad.

Just horribly misspelled insightful twice

Oct 14, 2014, 8:01 PM

But on my phone

Re: Just horribly misspelled insightful twice

Oct 14, 2014, 8:07 PM

He made a ton of verbal gaffes on Saturday's broadcast , and he got the score completely wrong at least twice. He stumbles for the right term quite a bit ....which I do too ...but I am not in the verbal descriptives business.
Yannity was worlds better.
Rodney Williams isn't terrible , but he makes a lot of "When I played " references ...which is alright because he was always my favorite QB at Clemson as a teenager in the 80's.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

If you watch the game replays on SportsSouth on Sunday

Oct 14, 2014, 8:05 PM

Nights, you will hear him and Rodney on the play by play. As long as you dont expect much, it is not that bad. I do not like his TD catch phrase.....something about the Green grass of success......

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Almost all catch-phrases are so extraordinarily lame I

Oct 14, 2014, 8:23 PM

cringe every time I hear one.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

He used it 1 time, when he got very excited over the

Oct 15, 2014, 9:44 AM [ in reply to If you watch the game replays on SportsSouth on Sunday ]

punt return touchdown. I wouldn't exactly call that a "catch phrase".

Oct 14, 2014, 9:08 PM

I listened to 5 minutes of Clemson vs. UNC and thought he was bad.

Gave him another chance while watching SportsSouth replay of Clemson vs Louisville. Audio was Munson and Rodney (very little of Rodney b/c they skip the time between plays, so it's primarily limited to play by play.

I quickly realized that if I had not been watching the game and only listening to Munson, I would not have had a clue as to what was going on in the game.

Then, when Dabo inexplicably went for it on 4th and inches, just before the play, Munson says about Dabo's decision, "I liiiiike iiittttt."

Then I puked.

give me the new basketball pbp man sooner than later. Let him do all three sports. He's a professional.

I listened to the NC State

Oct 14, 2014, 9:20 PM

game on radio while I was traveling. I had no idea where we were on the field, what formation we were employing etc. It was like listening to someone read a gamecast pbp.

Yes, I was at my son's soccer tournament listening to Don.

Oct 14, 2014, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Haven't got to listen to Munson on radio ]

It was bad. Several times during the tight 4th qtr you couldn't tell what yard line the ball was on or how many yards were just gained. He contradicted himself several times. I think they need to think hard and fast about the basketball guy taking over next year.

Oct 14, 2014, 9:30 PM

Clemson deserves better!

Oct 14, 2014, 9:33 PM

Have only listened a little. Munson was not great, but not horrible. Hate to say it because Rodney is one of my all-time favorite players, but he seems to be the weak link. He just has no radio personality, is often slow to respond to the hand off from Munson, and often does so with one word or very short phrases. There's just no chemistry between the two.

sad to say, but this week was slightly better

Oct 14, 2014, 10:15 PM

than last....lol.

You know this place has turned into Negativenet***

Oct 15, 2014, 9:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is bad but.....

Oct 15, 2014, 10:36 AM

Not as bad Toad Smellis.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic