Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Have complete confidence in our D Saturday, but I am
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,144

Have complete confidence in our D Saturday, but I am

Sep 28, 2015, 10:32 AM

not as confident in our O against their D. If we struggle to run the ball it could be a long night based on the fact that we have no real deep threat with the loss of Williams and will be hard to stretch the field. We might see a stacked box all night long. I think their D-line vs our O-line is the matchup to watch. Right now I have to give that edge to ND. This is a game where mistakes in the kicking game could be very, very costly as well. A score on D would be nice ad well.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously people.....why does everyone keep saying we have

Sep 28, 2015, 10:43 AM

no deep threat now since Williams is gone. Peake is a real weapon at that position with his speed, size and experience. Some of you must not really be paying attention, but the 3 defenses we have played have schemed us to limit the downfield opportunities and see if Clemson was patient enough to march it down the field. Actually, it was a pretty smart choice on their part given our past. Morris was sometimes stubborn about it and forced downfield shots instead of just taking what was there.

With Elliot and Watson, I think we have a great combination of just taking what the D gives you and letting the skill guys make plays. I also think they wanted to give the OL a little time to gel.

That being said, I expect a lot of that to change this week. I think ND will play more straight up and our WRs will have more opportunities to get open downfield. My guess is that Scott still leads us in receptions this game because of the screens and fly sweeps, but Peake will have several big catches as well.

We have only seen glimpses of what this offense is capable of, and Saturday night will be the true unveiling of the 2015 offense. It's gonna be pretty!

GO TIGERS!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are going to say it until we prove otherwise. Peake has

Sep 28, 2015, 10:56 AM

been very inconsistent--not all his fault because of injuries, i know. Its hard to throw downfield to sub 6'0" WR's who cant go up and get it. Hopefully this is the week they release the fury of one Deon Cain!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Peake is 6'2" btw***

Sep 28, 2015, 11:02 AM

Re: Seriously people.....why does everyone keep saying we have

Sep 28, 2015, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Seriously people.....why does everyone keep saying we have ]

we have PLENTY of downfield threats IF IF IFF we will use them!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just made me aroused.

Sep 28, 2015, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Seriously people.....why does everyone keep saying we have ]

nm

Re: Have complete confidence in our D Saturday, but I am

Sep 28, 2015, 10:46 AM

Agree about kicking. I think our D will be ok. I hope the downtime has gotten the O where they will be a little more productive

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am hoping the downtime got our kicking team together!

Sep 28, 2015, 10:58 AM

I believe kickoff coverage will be fixed. Dabo has been good at identifying problems and getting them corrected.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I am hoping the downtime got our kicking team together!

Sep 28, 2015, 10:59 AM

yep that too. critical to fix

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have complete confidence in our D Saturday, but I am

Sep 28, 2015, 1:17 PM

> not as confident in our O against their D. If we
> struggle to run the ball it could be a long night
> based on the fact that we have no real deep threat
> with the loss of Williams and will be hard to stretch
> the field. We might see a stacked box all night long.
> I think their D-line vs our O-line is the matchup to
> o watch. Right now I have to give that edge to ND.
> This is a game where mistakes in the kicking game
> e could be very, very costly as well. A score on D
> would be nice ad well.

I would say you will win the game with passing more than running. ND's defense has been shaky and inconsistent, but there run defense has been pretty good, they move left to right and attack the ball well, they just have trouble putting pressure on the QB and covering receivers across the middle. Im sure your coaches have seen this and will attack it.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,144
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic