Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Have a good fran here who's younger than most of our crowd.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 804

Have a good fran here who's younger than most of our crowd.

Aug 20, 2019, 10:31 AM

Him and his wife are mid 30s, but have 3 kids that are all about the same age as ours, or a year or two younger, so we get the whole crowd together lots of weekends. They're from Jersey, and his wife will definitely go from 0 to Jersey in 4/10 of a second if you're a habitual linestepper. Guy's grandfather went to ND, so he's a sidewalk ND fan, but at least has a tenuous connection to the school. I've taken him to a game each of the past 2 years, and he's adopting Clemson as his second team. His wife is angry that I haven't gotten BOTH of them up to a game, so that's happening this fall.

Anyway, he's former Navy and works in cybersecurity for a gubmint contractor. He recently discovered the Clemson building at the old Navy base that I randomly ran across a few years ago, but don't know much about.

He told the wife about it (this was maybe 3 weeks ago), and she did some quick research and discovered it's an engineering branch, with actual classes and professors and Masters coursework. He walked in, and talked to the Dean about their curriculum. Turns out, they have the degree he's looking for--EE masters with a cybersecurity focus. Dean was like "put in an application, and let me know when you do, and I'll approve it." GI Bill is paying for it, AND giving him $1,500/month to attend school, AND he's so non-busy at his $100K work from home job now that he can do both, at least as long as this contract lasts. He went to orientation on Sunday, and I think classes start tomorrow. Saw him this weekend, and his phone and watch screensavers were already tiger paws.

He went from discovering that facility even exists, to starting a class, in roughly 3 weeks. I'm so proud right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pigs

Aug 20, 2019, 10:33 AM

of jersey pooon?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

It can be good......

Aug 20, 2019, 10:36 AM

as long as they don't smile. Jersey girls have British teef

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aight.

Aug 20, 2019, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Pigs ]

I'll probably delete it momentarily.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Must like dogs

Aug 20, 2019, 10:48 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2019, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Aight. ]

sorry pup

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Yeah you need to delete this***

Aug 20, 2019, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Aight. ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

go ahead

Aug 20, 2019, 11:35 AM

already saved it anyways

btw, I think Dena works the flight from Korea to Atlanta, she looks like the picture I saved that I thought was Dena

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Yeah you need to delete this***

Aug 20, 2019, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Yeah you need to delete this*** ]

If you bring them to the tailgate, you need to warn them I'm

Aug 20, 2019, 10:43 AM

NOT supplying Jägerbombs.

#JerseyShore

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's actually been to your tailgate.

Aug 20, 2019, 10:46 AM

Probably more than once. But the first one, in the 2017 season, you scared the shit out of him. You probably don't remember.

While it is true that I'm a scary guy in general....

Aug 20, 2019, 10:51 AM

I totally blame willki®'s traveling bourbon show for that one.

blame me all you want. But you all know #### well

Aug 20, 2019, 11:16 AM

that the best tailgates are the ones when my traveling bourbon show comes to town. Ask RH_Sis & Dan. :D

Which begs the question...

Aug 20, 2019, 11:18 AM

What games should we expect to see you this year?

I like to keep that as a surprise til week of.

Aug 20, 2019, 11:23 AM

Makes it tougher for people to plan assassinations that way.

Plus I think RH Sis might kill me if we let dan have as much bourbon as we did at the ACCCG 2 years ago.

Was that the Kent St. or the GT game?***

Aug 20, 2019, 2:10 PM [ in reply to He's actually been to your tailgate. ]

I think I really would get a lot more out of college if

Aug 20, 2019, 10:55 AM

I went back at this age. Then I think about the kind of horrific scene I'd cause the second a professor or someone pissed me off since I'm the paying customer in that relationship and realize that's probably a bad idea. I find myself getting irritated if I have to stand at a bar waiting for drinks more than like 5 minutes, I can only imagine the emotions I'd feel the first time my advisor blew me off or gave me some ###### advice.

I once failed a class because I was in jail during one of our major exams. Guy was some zero tolerance ####### and gave me no sympathy, wouldn't let me make it up. Lakebum today would probably plant cocaine in his truck and call the sheriff for that kind of ####.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's never too late

Aug 20, 2019, 11:12 AM

Is he still there?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Looks like he is

Aug 20, 2019, 11:20 AM

Hard to believe that was over 10 years ago now. Revenge just doesn't taste as sweet when your victim doesn't know why or who did it to them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dr Book was my adviser at Clemson.

Aug 20, 2019, 12:56 PM [ in reply to I think I really would get a lot more out of college if ]

He was a real chitasz. I signed up for 24 hours Spring of 88 intending to graduate after the second 6 wk session and he said, 'You'll never do it!'

I told that sumbich if the Wright Brothers had listened to naysayers we'd still be taking ships to Europe.

He said, 'I don't know what kind of game you are playing but I will not sign for you to drop any of the classes.'

I got a 3.0 GPR that semester on 24 hrs classwork and dropped by to show that buttwipe my grades and get him to sign me up for a 9 hr/6 wk session. He had no comments and when I signed up for another 9hr-6wk session he had no comment.

I threatened to paint Lee Hall's back parking lot with Prof. Eubanks. I hated those two but I had some of the nicest people teaching me. It was rare to find an askhole professor at Clemson back in the day, how I ran across two was strange but I was 37yrs/old and didn't have time to #### around anymore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a Benaglined version of that building

Aug 20, 2019, 12:00 PM

from the water

Amazing quality for Benagline.

Aug 20, 2019, 12:58 PM

Did he buy a new camera or start taking photography classes?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 804
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic