Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Had a Coot tell me this yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Had a Coot tell me this yesterday

Nov 5, 2014, 9:33 AM

Dylan Thompsan is a great QB and should not take the blame, it has been the play calling. The guy is from Boiling Springs

The D is not he problem - it is the coaching and they need to fire a few coaches.

The D next year will be great since they have he #1 D-Line class coming in in 2015.

All I could do was nod my head and say yea. We have more highely rated D-Line man they they do. Heck most of the SEC has more highly rated D-Lineman coming in.

That is all

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had a Coot tell me this yesterday

Nov 5, 2014, 9:40 AM

which d linemen coming to Clemson are you referring to?

ooooooo, somebody got their feathers ruffled.***

Nov 5, 2014, 9:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

There's 5 right now.

Nov 5, 2014, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Had a Coot tell me this yesterday ]

Johnson, Davis, Ferrell, Cervenka and Bryant

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Tell 'em leadcoot

Nov 5, 2014, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Had a Coot tell me this yesterday ]

#9 to 4-5

Nov 5, 2014, 9:42 AM

I don't know enough about the other top classes but I will give them credit if they hold on to the DL class they currently have. Our DL recruiting is actually kind of disappointing to me. We have missed on some big targets in the last couple years and with the class we are graduating this year I thought we would land a game changer at the position. DT doesn't bother me because we are very deep and great at coaching them up in the interior.

null

Beasley was hardly recruited. At best he was a 3*. Some

Nov 5, 2014, 9:46 AM

had him at 2. Look what he has become!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

What? He was a 4 star who chose

Nov 5, 2014, 9:49 AM

Us over Auburn.

Rivals had him at 3*

Nov 5, 2014, 9:51 AM

I think he came in as an athlete. Not a dlineman

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: What? He was a 4 star who chose

Nov 5, 2014, 10:11 AM [ in reply to What? He was a 4 star who chose ]

He had a 3-star rating and was regarded as a top "athlete" with no particular position in mind. While he was pretty highly thought of during recruiting, I don't think any school saw him as an eventual difference maker at defensive end during the recruiting process.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/clemson/football/recruiting/player-Victor-Beasley-82385;_ylt=AkMys8MydvmN8g87LLFQ_J.arZB4

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beasley was hardly recruited. At best he was a 3*. Some

Nov 5, 2014, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Beasley was hardly recruited. At best he was a 3*. Some ]

If your always betting on the underdog your eventually going to go broke. If you don't think star players can make a big difference look at what Lattimore and Clowney did for that 4-5 team down south.

null

I disagree.

Nov 5, 2014, 9:57 AM

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/84342/vic-beasley

Re: I disagree.

Nov 5, 2014, 10:29 AM

So you take 20 players rated at 80 by ESPN. I will take the top 20 players in the nation. Let me know who has the better hit/miss ratio. Sure everyone finds quality players who don't get the attention out of high school but a much higher percentage of 5* players pan out.

null

Re: I disagree.

Nov 5, 2014, 11:52 AM

I wasn't talking about overall class I was referring to Beasley that he wasn't a 2* borderline 3* player. He was a very good player and was highly thought of by his recruiter.

Who had a bigger impact on the USuCk program

Nov 5, 2014, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Beasley was hardly recruited. At best he was a 3*. Some ]

5* Lattimore, or 2* Shaw?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Nov 5, 2014, 9:47 AM

Their best DL recruit is at Camden Military and will be lucky to qualify. They have another Juco DE who will be lucky to qualify. Their biggest problem was losing Brad Lawing he is an excellent evaluator of talent and recruiter the same with Ellis Johnson.

Next year their problem is going to be offense.

Nov 5, 2014, 9:52 AM

Their defense will get slightly better.

They still go 7-5 next year.

Stars don't mean crap ... what they do on the field does.***

Nov 5, 2014, 9:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

It's been "next year" for them since 1892.***

Nov 5, 2014, 10:02 AM

You Did The Right Thing

Nov 5, 2014, 10:19 AM

You took the hight road.

I made the mistake of going to one of their boards yesterday

Nov 5, 2014, 10:28 AM

Those morons really think our defense is the same as theirs, our offense is terrible, and I quote " all the clemson fans I talk to say their offense isn't very good even with watson in and they don't see how they'll keep up with our high powered offense". I just turned it off and reminded myself why I don't go to that ##### hole. Also one of them said watson is the 8th best quarterback they'll play and he's nothing special but even those morons called him on it and told him how stupid that was. You would think they'd be humbled but no, they're still talking as much ##### as if they were undefeated and most of them sound like Tommy Bowden saying if it wasn't for 4 plays they would be in the sec championship game and go to the playoffs. Even after saying all that they back tracked and claimed that should we beat them its nothing to be proud of, this is why there's no fanbase in the country like the coots. I hope if dabo is given the chance, which he definitely should have the chance, I hope he stays on the gas until the clock hits zero. I hope it's to the point where espn runs a story on how unsportsmanlike we are. The coots don't see and won't see until it's upon them the #### beating that's going to befall their team that November night. Tl;dr don't go to the coot message boards, it will just kill brain cells and irritate you beyond imagination. I made that mistake and summed up most of the stupid things they're saying so hopefully no other tiger fan will have to go into one of those cesspools.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic