Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Had 3 Amazon Prime trucks at same time on our street...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 396

Had 3 Amazon Prime trucks at same time on our street...

Oct 13, 2020, 3:57 PM

Only 5 homes here. Coach’s wife at end must be ordering a lotta “stuff”
??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazon prime day means that WAP is gonna be on fiya***

Oct 13, 2020, 4:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoever owns that route is a dum dum***

Oct 13, 2020, 4:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 truck drivers stopped and talked a couple mins***

Oct 13, 2020, 4:08 PM

I would be curious how Amazon does their logistics.***

Oct 13, 2020, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Whoever owns that route is a dum dum*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Not sure of the technical stuff behind it...

Oct 13, 2020, 4:38 PM

but i know routes are bid on by "owners" with a fleet of drivers. Fed Ex does the same. Not something i'd want to manage.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep that's exactly how it's set up.

Oct 13, 2020, 4:41 PM

Some "owners" may have 3 trucks, some may have 50, some may have hundreds I'd guess depending on the size of the metro area.

I knew a guy that owned his own Fed Ex truck

Oct 13, 2020, 5:12 PM

just one guy, one truck. He had the same route for years. Each year he bid and everyone loved him and he got great reviews, so he kept it.

He is now 65 and retired, sold his truck and lives the good life in Raleigh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never had the same ‘zon driver twice and I order a lot

Oct 13, 2020, 5:27 PM [ in reply to I would be curious how Amazon does their logistics.*** ]

Way too much from them. One time it’s the tatted up blue haired chick that could play d-line for the Bears, next time it’s Amir who takes 7 tries backing out of the driveway to miss the mailbox, time after that the skinny meth chick tha just stops in the middle of the street and runs like a maniac up to the porch etc

Same guy been delivering UPS for six years now. Saw him at the grocery not to long ago and he called me by name.

Post office has a rag tag group of UDP wannabe soccer moms and crackhoes that take turns on our street.

FedEx if it’s over 20 pounds always the same guy and the only delivery person that ever rings the bell anymore, under 20 pounds no clue, the package just appears on the porch like magic- never see or hear them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Yeah, Amazon is doing things differently since they

Oct 13, 2020, 5:28 PM

started their own local delivery, I am genuinely curious of the overall logistics of it. I know it's screwing FedEx & UPS too. It won't be long and we'll see Amazon handling their own mainline distribution on their own - their own planes and the like. Jeff Bezos is ruthless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We lived in the same house for 30 years. USPS guy was

Oct 13, 2020, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Never had the same ‘zon driver twice and I order a lot ]

real nice, we gave him Xmas presents, etc. He retires after we lived there for about 20 years, then new woman gets route. She leaves a note in our mailbox that the box is too low and if we do not raise it, she will not deliver mail anymore. Of course she did the same thing to most of the houses in our 275 house sub-division.

Let's just say she never got a f'ing Xmas present from anyone. They actually re-assigned her (I guess - do they fire postman?) as she got so many complaints.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At my old house, mail person backed into my mailbox

Oct 13, 2020, 5:33 PM

and broke it. She was so apologetic, I told her it was fine. I think she wound up getting into big trouble, apparently they're not supposed to back up unless if it's the only option to navigate. But I never got money or anything to fix it (I didn't pursue it, but nobody offered).

As a kid growing up, Mr Brown was our mail man

Oct 13, 2020, 5:49 PM [ in reply to We lived in the same house for 30 years. USPS guy was ]

I went to school with his son. One summer he was visiting at my house when his dad delivered our mail and we were playing in the front yard. He said “hey dad.” Mr Brown said, “hey son”

Fun times

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Had 3 Amazon Prime trucks at same time on our street...

Oct 13, 2020, 4:22 PM

love when the maps is enabled and I can watch the truck literally drive by my house three times making deliveries in my neighborhood before going a mile out of the way only to come back and deliver to my neighbor before driving a half-mile down the street and finally getting to my house....good times

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This whole thread has me flashing back to

Oct 13, 2020, 5:46 PM

having to solve Transportation Problems in Management Science.

No fun by hand I tell you.

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Queing theory also

Oct 13, 2020, 6:04 PM

I had Burch. He was hard as hell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 396
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic