Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My thoughts on Sugar/Orange
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

My thoughts on Sugar/Orange

Nov 6, 2012, 3:53 PM

So it seems like a no brainer to play an LSU or Georgia instead of a Louiville but there are some things to consider:

1) ACC championships go down in history more than a BCS at large (which will mean nothing after 2014 anyway); and you get a trophy.

2) IT IS NOT OUR FAULT that the rest of the ACC sucks. All we can do is take advantage of it (which we are doing).

3) 14-1 is a #### good season with back to back ACC championships and a BCS bowl win.

4) Before last year, we had not won an ACCC in TWENTY YEARS, and now people want to act like its pointless? Keep some perspective!

There are some upsides to playing in the Sugar

1) Playing against a more respected opponent in a more respected bowl (Keep in mind this is fleeting...no one will give a crap in a year or two)

2) Playing against an LSU will help Clemson grow more than playing a Louville. Playing against tough competition makes you tougher...Look at Saiyans from DBZ.... XD !

So anyway, I'm going to be rooting for VT on thursday even though I don't believe they have much of a chance!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i disagree w/ your 1st #1.........

Nov 6, 2012, 4:00 PM

a sugar bowl win over LSU or UGA (ranked in the top 5-10 will be remembered more so than winning the ACC and beating an 8-4 miami team.

Re: i disagree w/ your 1st #1.........

Nov 6, 2012, 4:04 PM

Can you list the last 3 Major bowl games we won?

Can you list the last 3 ACC championships we won?

History doesn't care about bowl victories. History cares about championships.

null

you know what i remember about our last ACC Championship?

Nov 6, 2012, 4:09 PM

we LOST to South Carolina that year

give me a 12-1 record and no ACC Championship w/ a win over top 10 USC and LSU/UGA any day of the week

Re: My thoughts on Sugar/Orange

Nov 6, 2012, 4:03 PM

very well said.. I agree.. however, IMHO this bowl season is about improving recruiting this year!! a win against UGA or LSU would help more that ACC champ..if the 3 ACC teams win against their SEC rivals that would be HUGE

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2012, 4:21 PM

I see where you are coming from but I really don't think Recruits think of College football like we fans do.

They don't base decisions off ESPN as much as letters and talking with coaches...atmosphere, etc.

I actually think 2 back to back championships would help recruiting more.

Just my humble opinion

Nov 6, 2012, 4:05 PM

I'm with you. I would like to see us play for the ACC championship.

Nov 6, 2012, 5:06 PM

1) ACC championships go down in history more than a BCS at large (which will mean nothing after 2014 anyway); and you get a trophy.

--Completely disagree. If the ACC were still a decent conference I might would agree. But 10 years from now, even Clemson fans will remember we beat a #6 Tennessee team in 2003 Peach bowl. I can't even tell you what VT was ranked last season in the ACCCG now, muchless remember them and their rank 10 years from now.

2) IT IS NOT OUR FAULT that the rest of the ACC sucks. All we can do is take advantage of it (which we are doing).

--Agree

3) 14-1 is a #### good season with back to back ACC championships and a BCS bowl win.

--14-1 is great with a ACC Championship over 8-4 Miami and an Orange bowl win over 11-1 or 10-2 Louisville.

13-1 with a Sugar bowl win over 11-2 UGA is better. Sorry, it's fact.

4) Before last year, we had not won an ACCC in TWENTY YEARS, and now people want to act like its pointless? Keep some perspective!

--With the way the ACC is right now, it is pointless to a point.

There are some upsides to playing in the Sugar

1) Playing against a more respected opponent in a more respected bowl (Keep in mind this is fleeting...no one will give a crap in a year or two)

--Not true. Many bowls are talked about years ahead. Oklahoma/Boise comes to mind.

2) Playing against an LSU will help Clemson grow more than playing a Louville. Playing against tough competition makes you tougher...Look at Saiyans from DBZ.... XD !

--Agreed

So anyway, I'm going to be rooting for VT on thursday even though I don't believe they have much of a chance!

--I'll still root for VT and hope for the ACCCG as long as it is possible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HAHA! point for DBZ reference. i remember those days...***

Nov 6, 2012, 5:25 PM

ATTENDANCE is an issue. Sugar Bowl would sell out for

Nov 6, 2012, 5:37 PM

Clemson fans. Went to Orange Bowl last year - mediocre attendance by Clemson standards. Sugar would be HUGE! & better for recruiting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ATTENDANCE is an issue. Sugar Bowl would sell out for

Nov 6, 2012, 8:56 PM

This is a good point and I hadn't thought of that.

We would travel well to the Sugar Bowl for sure

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic