Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN slams Dan Rad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

ESPN slams Dan Rad

Sep 19, 2016, 2:53 PM

And then there's Clemson's 59-0 victory over FCS opponent South Carolina State, a game that cheated everyone. Who benefits when the game is so lopsided that the opposing coaches agree to shorten the second half to 12-minute quarters? Clemson fans wait all year for seven home games, and then one of them gets shortened because the athletic department couldn't find a suitable opponent. Let's hope Clemson athletic director Dan Radakovich is suitably embarrassed by that paycheck game (Clemson paid out $300,000). I understand that FCS athletic programs need funds and that Clemson supported another public institution in the state. That's probably why the Tigers will play The Citadel, Furman and Wofford, respectively, in the next three seasons. Those games won't be farces. This one was.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17581954/oregon-ducks-two-point-troubles-louisville-cardinals-catching-other-notes-week-3

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN slams Dan Rad

Sep 19, 2016, 2:56 PM

Then the pic of Petrino being a good guy. Give me a break. Screw them

Now I understand all the questions to Dabo asking us about

playing smaller schools.

These people in the media must want to kill the golden goose for smaller schools. eSECpn should be called out for desiring this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All schools in the power 5 do this and you and the folks at ESPN are the only ones that are butt hurt about it.

yeah for real

Sep 19, 2016, 2:57 PM

did A&M get any flack for playing Prairie View A&M?

Re: yeah for real

Sep 19, 2016, 2:58 PM

Or UL playing the HS called UNCC

We are only getting flak because the game was shortened

Sep 19, 2016, 6:17 PM [ in reply to yeah for real ]

which caught everyone's attention.

Exactly***

Sep 19, 2016, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN slams Dan Rad ]

Sep 19, 2016, 2:58 PM

Why would he be embarrassed ? We won handily , we were gracious in victory and we absolutely helped a school that has had strughles recently with money issues .
ESPN has the dumb .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Pretty much every team plays one of these a year

Sep 19, 2016, 2:59 PM

Just seems like some schools go outside of their state to do so and that is where it becomes a cherry-picking issues versus a noble bone throw, imo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pretty much every team plays one of these a year

Sep 19, 2016, 3:02 PM

Sakerlina is so gracious when they do theirs that they even let the baby instate school win .

El Cid , there you go ...here's your paycheck and we'll take that loss like a big chicken .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

indeed***

Sep 19, 2016, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Pretty much every team plays one of these a year ]

Sep 19, 2016, 2:59 PM

Instate School looking to fill their schedule and bank account....sounds like we found a perfectly suitable opponent to accomplish the goal of supporting an instate school each season.

If ESPN or the NCAA wants to eliminate these games how about splitting some of the playoff money with the FCS.

null

and Clemson supporting a historically black SC institution

Sep 19, 2016, 3:01 PM

goes against all the world knows about the generally racist environment

found at Clemson these days.

come on Danny Rad, get with the program;

to fit into the limited perspective of both racists and liberals alike

you can't confuse things by sometimes trying to do something meaningful....

and BTW, have you spanked your coach yet for his insensitive remarks?

We need an open letter

Sep 19, 2016, 3:02 PM

Demanding an apology

Sep 19, 2016, 3:03 PM

I guess we should have scheduled a powerhouse like Chattanooga that is on Bama's schedule this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't Alabama schedule Georgia State the first or 2nd

Sep 19, 2016, 3:05 PM

year they started playing football at GS?

Re: Didn't Alabama schedule Georgia State the first or 2nd

Sep 19, 2016, 3:22 PM

Alabama also plays Chattanooga this year towards end of season. They are FCS.

THE SEC conference as a whole plays way more FCS teams than any other conference.

Here's how they spin it.....well we beat each other up all year long we need a break.

They can kiss my skinny white behind.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes sir, 1st year.***

Sep 19, 2016, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Didn't Alabama schedule Georgia State the first or 2nd ]

And that is exactly what I meant by cherry-picking

Sep 19, 2016, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN slams Dan Rad ]

vs an in-state bone throw in my previous post in this thread.

There are plenty of local schools that Bama could schedule but they went out of their way not to play Jacksonville St among others.

They are also the ones who tried to kill the UAB football program, for their gain, while they pick UAB's pocket.

Disgrace!!

Blah blah blah. We see these stories all the time.

Sep 19, 2016, 3:06 PM

Translation, ESPN wants games they can broadcast and make more money.

Who benefits?
Well, a struggling Clemson team that needed to work through its timing and build some confidence.
Backups at Clemson who never otherwise see the field.
An SC State program that is dead broke.
The father of four who can scalp tickets for ten bucks each and who otherwise can't afford to treat his kids to a game in Death Valley.

Honest to goodness, I wish ESPN would just show the game and stop telling everyone what college sports are supposed to be.

null

Guess we can't win.

Sep 19, 2016, 3:06 PM

We struggle against Troy, and the world says, "Clemson, what's wrong with you?! Why aren't you killing them?!"

We crush SC State, and the world says, "Ermehgerd, why are you beating up on those poor teams?!"

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

For the 10,000th time its state law!

Sep 19, 2016, 3:20 PM

National Media never does their homework.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

yep. Thats why us and SC never play non-SC FCS teams

Sep 19, 2016, 3:24 PM

and would they feel better if we just decided to play every SC FCS team EXCEPT for SC State?

do you have a link to the law? i've googled it but can't

Sep 19, 2016, 4:09 PM [ in reply to For the 10,000th time its state law! ]

find it. maybe I have bad googling skills.

What exactly ... is "state law"??

Sep 19, 2016, 8:44 PM [ in reply to For the 10,000th time its state law! ]

That we play football against SC State?

I'd love to see a link to something that confirms that.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What exactly ... is "state law"??

Sep 20, 2016, 1:36 PM

I don't know the exact law but their is a state law that Clemson and South Carolina are required to play a smaller in state school every year. If you look at their schedules, every year they both play one of - Citadel, Furman, Wofford, South Carolina State, etc. This is an actual law in South Carolina.

Re: For the 10,000th time its state law!

Sep 19, 2016, 9:08 PM [ in reply to For the 10,000th time its state law! ]

I thought it was state law that we have to play Scar every year, regardless of how much they hurt our strength of schedule. Never heard of a state law requiring us to play in-state FCS schools. I thought we just did it because we want to help our friends at SC State, Furman, Wofford, Presbyterian, and The Citadel out.

do they realize DRad let the SCST pres fly his plane

Sep 19, 2016, 3:22 PM

over the stadium in the pre-game flyover?

I think that would change their minds.

will bobby petrino ride a motorcycle around death valley?***

Sep 19, 2016, 4:00 PM

Yeah, remember when ESPN cried over BC murdering

Sep 19, 2016, 4:21 PM

Howard over 2 shortened periods in the 2nd half?

Yeah ... me either.

Looks like all SEC teams play an FCS opp this year, we get

Sep 19, 2016, 4:26 PM

called out for it.

Things I don't care about ...

Sep 19, 2016, 4:30 PM

1. E$PN's opinion of Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sep 19, 2016, 4:47 PM

Couple of comments about the article:

1. The author is Ivan Maisel - through the years most of his articles have been negative towards Clemson - this is just par for the course for him. If we hadn't put a 50 point beat down on SC State you can bet he would have written a negative article about how Clemson is over-rated.

2. Why were we singled out for beating an FCS opponent? How about that new media darling Louisville's drubbing of Charlotte (70 to 14) or FSU's beat down of Charleston Southern (52 to 8) and the 40 other FBS beatings of FCS schools? Refer to point number 1 above - Ivan Maisel is a d0uche that always looks for the negative to report on Clemson and when he can't find it he makes something up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes exactly

Sep 19, 2016, 4:50 PM

and SC State has won the MEAC in recent years. They are not usually the worst FCS team out there. Georgia played Nicholls who is always awful. Several teams play Savannah State who is the worst football team in America.

Your enemy is The State Government of South Carolina

Sep 19, 2016, 6:06 PM

They held Clemson hostage making Clemson chossing to doing this about 10 years ago. Threatened with bigger cuts in State contribution at the time.

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Florida plays more cupcake teams than anyone

Sep 19, 2016, 6:12 PM

They just don't get criticized for it because they don't always win convincingly. And because they are in the mighty SEC.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Also NC State usually starts w/ four cup cakes.

Sep 20, 2016, 1:25 PM

This year they've done slightly better.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If You Still Work at ESPN You Must Truly Like to Eat D

Sep 19, 2016, 6:25 PM

I am pretty sure there is a requirement to do so each day. Would have been better to slam Iowa for scheduling and FCS and losing and having to pay to get beat. Also Wisconsin should have lost to an even weaker foe, no talk of them almost losing.

While Troy beats S. Miss.

Clemson still unbeaten.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA

Sep 19, 2016, 6:48 PM

Noone said anything about UGA playing Nichols St........ yep.

So it would be better to beat Nicholls State by 2pts

Sep 19, 2016, 7:44 PM

You know the powerhouse whose only win I'd over Incarnate Word.

Sep 19, 2016, 7:57 PM

Yet nothing on Louisville putting 70 on Charlotte, Ohio State putting 77 on Bowling Green, or Michigan putting 63 on Hawaii????

Sep 19, 2016, 8:38 PM

Esecpn can wallow up my ####:

Sept 10: LSU vs Jacksonville State

Sept 10: Texas A.M vs Prairie View A&M Panthers

Sept 24: Alabama vs Kent State Golden Flashes.

Oct 29: Miss. State vs Samford Bulldogs

Obviously, that particular ESPiN writer has never seen...

Sep 19, 2016, 9:19 PM

a Death Valley blow out. The stadium is usually half empty mid way through the fourth quarter. We all laughed on our way out to the beer in our Yetis.

I haven't heard a single Clemson Fan complain. Have you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2016, 2:02 PM

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article86469697.html

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic