Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Greg Buckner
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,770

Greg Buckner

Feb 8, 2017, 9:51 AM

This hasn't been mentioned but how would you feel about hiring Greg Buckner? He's played for Barnes and is in the Clemson Athletic Hall of Fame. He played 10 years in the NBA and spent 10 years after that coaching for the Houston Rockets.

PS He loves Clemson and has come back to Clemson just about every summer to play pick up games in Fike.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this would be awesome but he has no HC experience...

Feb 8, 2017, 9:57 AM

hes one of my favorite tigers of all time but it may be a tough sell for him and a tough job

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this would be awesome but he has no HC experience...

Feb 8, 2017, 9:59 AM

might be a good assistant here if he wants a college HC gig

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Greg Buckner

Feb 8, 2017, 2:45 PM

His resume would look better for a college HC if he had a few years as an assistant where he
would have established extensive recruiting contacts. Can't afford to have a next HC who is not
a very good recruiter with a dynamic personality.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Feb 8, 2017, 5:01 PM

No HC experience ? Dabo says " hello " .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2017, 5:17 PM

I am in the Greg Buckner camp. Still has my favorite play in Clemson basketball history with the dunk to beat uncheat in the ACC tourney. Yes,I know he has no head coaching experience,but there is a first time for everybody. We should not be afraid to go "outside the box". He could get a couple of assistants with good track records for recruiting. I have yet to see many better options. Will Wade is also a gamble,and don't even start with Gregg Marshall or some of Coach K's tree. Get a Clemson man who can energize and unite the fans.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or, we could get a proven winner at the high major level.

Feb 8, 2017, 6:19 PM

Why take a huge gamble when we can get a coach who has been a college head coach and proven that he can consistently recruit and win in major college basketball? We're Clemson, we don't have to settle unless we just don't care that much about basketball. And I'm not willing to accept that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Well then - Why not Tree?

Feb 8, 2017, 6:25 PM

I'd prefer BB turn it around, make the tournament and come back next year!

Other options
Earl Grant
Tommy Amaker
My favorite - Johnny Dawkins

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 8, 2017, 6:27 PM

Greg Buckner was a great player for Clemson, but remember Sidney Lowe for NC State. How did that work out?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,770
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic