Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Great artlicle on Gun Control
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 3,128

Great artlicle on Gun Control

Oct 4, 2017, 8:15 AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/democrats-dishonestly-push-unworkable-gun-control-article-1.3539285

The dishonesty from the left mounting and the public knows is. Election time will be interesting if the Dems keep pushing social justice and gun control. Super majority here we come.

Clips from the article:

The truth is, the scary-looking guns many Democrats want to ban account for just 2% of gun deaths in the U.S. The vast majority of gun deaths are actually suicides. And most homicides are committed with handguns. Banning semi-automatic rifles is not only arbitrary, it would have negligible impact on gun violence in America.

Perhaps because the legislation is looming, some have even suggested that suppressors – what some people call “silencers” – must be regulated in order to prevent mass shootings. Hillary Clinton tweeted, “The crowd fled at the sound of gunshots. Imagine the deaths if the shooter had a silencer, which the NRA wants to make easier to get.”

Of course, silencers don’t make guns silent, not even close. And trying to put one on a semi-automatic rifle would likely just result in decreased accuracy and a melted silencer. But that’s how desperate we are for solutions – we will literally invent them out of thin air, based on nothing.

We’ll see if they’re willing to put their own elections on the line, or continue to talk about fantastic new laws that won’t actually solve our problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think they care about the suicides.

Oct 4, 2017, 8:25 AM

I think they are worried about the people that wanted to live who were killed. It's not an easy issue of course. Both sides are so far apart. Conservatives know/think the liberals want to go overboard eventually so they won't give an inch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like the Feds coulda seen Paddock stockpiling guns

Oct 4, 2017, 8:34 AM

from all the individual purchases he made and individual background checks.

Good point. That is very odd.

Oct 4, 2017, 8:37 AM

I guess they aren't looking that hard.

Is that going to become probable cause for investigation?***

Oct 4, 2017, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Seems like the Feds coulda seen Paddock stockpiling guns ]

A polite knock on the door

Oct 4, 2017, 8:40 AM

with a buncha police cars and bomb squad at the curb just for kicks and giggles might send a nice message

Yeah, I don't see that flying with the NRA.

Oct 4, 2017, 8:46 AM

I imagine there's a good many people stockpiling weapons right now, just like there was after Sandy Hook, Pulse, and every other mass shooting.

Re: Seems like the Feds coulda seen Paddock stockpiling guns

Oct 4, 2017, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Seems like the Feds coulda seen Paddock stockpiling guns ]

Boom! There were so many times when selling guns that NICS would "stay" someone's application. Meaning something flagged but they can't deny, so they would give us a "stay". Which means they were looking into it.

I have never seen a stay turn into a rejection. Never. And I did that and had full authority over an FFl license for over 8 years.

I also had people buying multiple firearms long and short in the same day, again never rejected.

In 8 years I probably had a handful of rejections. You can look at that two ways, but I know all those people probably weren't the most stable.

NICS should be farmed out to a privately held company instead of government run agency. That is my opinion. The inefficiency of the government leads to these types of issues.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This may be one area change may actually occur

Oct 4, 2017, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Seems like the Feds coulda seen Paddock stockpiling guns ]

Some type of limit on the amount of guns you can buy in a certain time span or the amount of certain types of guns bought in a time span. Not that it would really prevent anything, he would have still killed just as many people if he was only using one or two guns. I still want to know out of all the guns in that room how many did he actually use during his rampage. That's a question I have not heard asked.

Would it matter how many guns he had?

Oct 4, 2017, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Seems like the Feds coulda seen Paddock stockpiling guns ]

He could have had one and done the same thing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thinking the same. Why did he bring so many though?****

Oct 4, 2017, 9:04 AM

Why was he shooting at people?

Oct 4, 2017, 9:06 AM

Much like with women, I can't answer why he did anything.

I have another interesting question.

Oct 4, 2017, 9:11 AM

Why does a guy who is 66 with a bunch of cash dating an old Filipina woman and giving her a bunch of cash? He could have had a younger hot one.

There are limits on how often people can buy certain types

Oct 4, 2017, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Seems like the Feds coulda seen Paddock stockpiling guns ]

of guns.

Beyond that there is nothing else they are looking at in terms of how many guns are purchased.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great artlicle on Gun Control

Oct 4, 2017, 8:37 AM

Why the hell would someone need to put a silencer on their gun? No reason for that to be legally sold to citizens and there is absolutely no reason for semi automatic weapons to be in the hands of citizens either.

Only 2% of gun deaths? That's a good start....

Some say it is an issue about people's ears.

Oct 4, 2017, 8:42 AM

There was an interview with Donald Trump jr a ways back and he was calling it a health issue and was talking about how he wants his kids learning with the silencer for health reasons. I think he was/is an investor. I immediate thought about ear plugs or those headphone type things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_LOxq6j4FM

Re: Some say it is an issue about people's ears.

Oct 4, 2017, 8:54 AM

Yea I was a about to say what’s wrong with a pair of these....

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Sports-Outdoors-Hunting-Shooting-Earmuffs/zgbs/sporting-goods/3413511

Earmuffs was the word I was looking for. lol Thanks*****

Oct 4, 2017, 8:59 AM

I'm assuming you live in some sort of urban environment

Oct 4, 2017, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Some say it is an issue about people's ears. ]

where you can't possibly understand or relate to anything outside of your bubble, but I would love it if the guy who apparently owns some acreage close to me would get a silencer. Would be nice to sit on my back patio some evenings without hearing the constant pop pop pop pop.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have property in the country where we allow hunting.

Oct 11, 2017, 12:47 PM

I would much rather hear the pop of gunfire so we know that there are people hunting in our woods versus hearing nothing. Our cabin is nestled and when we hear fire getting too close we call out to make sure the hunters know there are people in the area.

The noise, IMO, is a critical safety element of guns. There's ear plugs and ear muffs if you're a user and it bothers you. If you're too young to fire a gun due to the kick, then grow up some more to where you can handle it.

I would much rather hear gunfire nearby than be completely oblivious to it for obvious safety and security reasons.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2017, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Great artlicle on Gun Control ]

My uncle has an FFL license and produces silencers for the military and civilian use. I feel the same as him.

If the government turns on me, I want the same options that they have.

Guided missiles?***

Oct 4, 2017, 8:55 AM

F-22's and tactical nukes***

Oct 4, 2017, 9:04 AM

Now we're getting somewhere. Murica!***

Oct 4, 2017, 9:05 AM

I want those. It's our right. Who are they to tell us?*****

Oct 4, 2017, 9:08 AM [ in reply to F-22's and tactical nukes*** ]

Oct 4, 2017, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Great artlicle on Gun Control ]

Trust me, if the government turns on you, your really nice guns aren't going to do much against hellfire missiles or drone strikes.

Also seems rather disrespectful to our military to stockpile

Oct 4, 2017, 9:22 AM

weapons in anticipation of an armed insurrection.

This stance always strikes me as an odd one considering how

Oct 4, 2017, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Great artlicle on Gun Control ]

long we've been fighting in say, Afghanistan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do not trust you on this point.

Oct 4, 2017, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Great artlicle on Gun Control ]

History is loaded with instances where lighter arms held up just fine. It's not like two armies lining up on the field. There are multiple factors coming into play, not the least of which would be the motivation and morale of a U.S. Military ordered to destroy its own citizens.

Not that I would ever expect this to happen...just saying.

null

Oct 4, 2017, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Great artlicle on Gun Control ]

> If the government turns on me, I want the same
> options that they have.

And exactly where do you keep your cruise missiles, drones, tanks and tactical nuclear warheads?

The idea that keeping handguns, shotguns and rifles somehow prevents government tyranny is hard to imagine.

thanks for your help on the topic.

Oct 4, 2017, 8:58 AM

preaching divisiveness seem a like a genuine way to start a productive conversation on gun control. And by making this political, it shows a tremendous amount of empathy and respect for the people that lost family and loved one during this tragedy.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not enthused about the predictable gun control

Oct 4, 2017, 9:12 AM

dance that happens after every tragedy like this. But it is interesting to consider that people who are in favor of locking out countries where terrorists are coming from or other anti-terrorist plots are told that they are being unreasonable because more people die from _________ (name it...eating peanuts, struck by lightning...whatever) than terrorism. But whenever there's a gun massacre we should ban all guns (that is hyperbole for most people...although not all), even though the same arguement would apply.

null

Re: I'm not enthused about the predictable gun control

Oct 4, 2017, 9:17 AM

Immigration isn't all about crime, it's about disease control, jobs/economic policy.....so much more. Crime though is a part of it.

I think that counterpoint is weak.

Which counterpoint?***

Oct 4, 2017, 9:20 AM

null

Gun control debate

Oct 11, 2017, 9:36 AM

Gun control is a very complex topic to me. I still don't have a strict opinion regarding the restrictions. The good example of controversial opinion is the comparison of Switzerland and Honduras.

But we can not isolate the separate social metrics to define what is better. I have chosen the Gun control as a topic for my socio thesis and started my work with assistance of college essay writing service I also would like to share another interesting article http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/10/politics/brady-bill-semi-automatic-ban-gun-control/index.html
Anyway, the shooting in Las Vegas will have a great impact on the mass opinion and probably globally

Spoiler alert

Oct 11, 2017, 2:31 PM

1. Suicide is bad. We should try to make this more difficult.
2. One of the main purposes of a suppressor is that it makes the shooter harder to locate from distance.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder who tells the most lies, nutty far left or the

Oct 11, 2017, 3:28 PM

NRA?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 3,128
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic