Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Great Time to be a TIGER
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Great Time to be a TIGER

Jan 1, 2017, 2:16 PM

My adult son, graduate of UGA, but a Clemson supporter texted me in the 3rd quarter.
"must be nice to be a tiger fan :)"
It struck me hard - how fortunate we are to be experiencing this football success.
It is easy to get spoiled and have high expectations…(and the anxiety also)
May it last for a long time.
But - we all need to appreciate the ride we are on. It is AWESOME.
GO Tigers.
Thanks Dabo, the staff, the players and all our real fans.
It is great to be a tiger!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is ALWAYS a Great Time to be a CLEMSON Tiger

Jan 2, 2017, 11:13 AM

No disagreement with your post, but it is ALWAYS a great time to be a Clemson Tiger, even when our football program isn't on the pinnacle it is now.

I said this very thing to my son, now a May 2016 graduate -
- When we were sitting together in Miami to the bitter end of the Jan 2012 Orange Bowl as we got our rear ends handed to us by WVU;
- When we had just got beaten for the 3rd (and then 4th, then -- can hardly say it -- FIFTH) year in a row by Carolina when, even with the better team, we were finding new & painful ways of inflicting football self-destruction on the field;
- Probably COUNTLESS other times when the performance of the day (month, season) of our football or baseball or basketball other sports team wasn't great.

As we all know -- but what many of our 'rivals' can never understand or appreciate -- is that our pride as CLEMSON Tigers isn't dependent on superior performance in sports. We enjoy it, we (had BETTER) appreciate it... but it does not DEFINES us.

We are defined by our CLASS, our CHARACTER, our COMMITENT to EXCELLENCE that is displayed each and every day in ways large and small by men and women who take 'Clemson' with them into their workplaces and communities and homes and battlefields far away; who wear their Clemson ring on their finger, or Tiger paw magnets on their truck or Clemson flag on their home like a BADGE OF HONOR because they represent a connection to an institution and to ideals that most people can barely appreciate.

It IS a great time to be a Clemson Tiger. It is ALWAYS a great time to be a Clemson Tiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic