Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Grading the Last night Super Bowl.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Grading the Last night Super Bowl.......

Feb 4, 2019, 8:04 AM

A+ Gladys Knight on her performance signing the national anthem. I thought the Atlanta native did very well.

A- Atlanta's hosting the Super Bowl for a 3rd time. No weather problems, impressive stadium and tons of more attractions in downtown since the last one in 2000. Thumbs up to Atlanta!

C+ The game itself. Rather boring at times. Not a lot of exciting plays. I guess I wanted the Rams to win but I could tell by halftime that wasn't going to happen. I lost interest by the 3rd quarter.

D Super Bowl's commercials just plain sucks these days. Nothing funny or original anymore. I saw several commmercials that I have already seen before last night Super Bowl. I guess today's writers are NOT very creative and talented anymore.

D- CBS airing and the broadcasters for the Super Bowl. Not much to say here.

F. The Halftime show. The worst ever..period! Zero talent across the board. Adam Levine wasn't much of anything except being a stripper showing off all his tats. Perhaps Levine can do gay #### better. The 2 rappers was a total joke. Constant Cursing by that one rapper where CBS had to keep beeping out his awful song! I remembered how people was so " offended" when Janet Jackson accidentally showed a nipple...LOL! Least that halftime show was much more entertaining. Perhaps I have become "old school" but today's music just sucks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Grading the Last night Super Bowl.......

Feb 4, 2019, 9:33 AM

The pre-game singing was very good.

I have no knowledge of how Atlanta did hosting outside of the game so I can't comment.

You are being generous giving the game a C+.

In discussions about commercials last night we determined that the problem is that everybody wants to make some sort of statement with their commercials now instead of providing entertainment.

I also think that people have realized that they don't have to spend nearly as much money and can put their humorous/clever commercials in other times slots and produce just as much exposure. This leads to a lot of CBS promo commercials which provide nothing to the entertainment value.

I think the announcing crew is getting a bad wrap. They had a stinker of a game to call and tried their best to say a few interesting things. You can only polish a turd so much.

50% of people always hate the halftime show. It can't appeal to everyone. I thought it fit well for the game because it wasn't very entertaining either. The artists chosen seemed to purely be vocalists (and not great ones) and not entertainers. They failed to "put on a show". I don't count a dude stripping to the waist as a show.....

I don't count a dude stripping to the waist as a show.....

Feb 4, 2019, 9:40 AM

But, a lot of the 'shes' thought otherwise.

Personally, he looked like the Sunday paper version of an ad...for a tattoo parlor!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't count a dude stripping to the waist as a show.....

Feb 4, 2019, 9:59 AM

The best comment I have heard regarding the stripping: "Apparently there is a double standard for showing ####### during the halftime show."

Funny you say that about the tattoo parlor. I told people last night that obviously his tattoo artist offered some free ink for advertising during the Super Bowl.

Re: Grading the Last night Super Bowl.......

Feb 4, 2019, 9:59 AM

It wouldn't bother me one bit if they did away with the halftime performance. IMO, watching a musical performance on television just isn't entertaining no matter who it is. There are plenty of music award shows for that.

As for announcers, I just don't want to be annoyed by them. I was fine with the announcers last night. As for commercials, I don't care, as long as the advertisers aren't preaching or otherwise pitching an agenda.

Overall, I'm only interested in the game. It was okay.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

The Amazon/ dog, bud light/got, ...and the

Feb 4, 2019, 10:02 AM

100 yr nfl players commercials were all good.
I like the nfl one the best.. especially peyton and Tom's parts.

The half time show was as good as any.

Didn't like GK version of the NA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic