Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Got etrade locked and loaded with funds
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Got etrade locked and loaded with funds

Feb 28, 2020, 2:41 PM

I'm thinking Monday is a good time to buy?

I wanted to wait to see if any crazy news came over the weekend. What say my junge stock experts?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

l bought some NVAX two days ago and it is up 60%

Feb 28, 2020, 2:46 PM

they are working on the vaccine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea but they are doing down after hours now.***

Feb 29, 2020, 10:49 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yea but they are doing down after hours now.***

Feb 29, 2020, 12:37 PM

Sold them late yesterday. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had some too and sold yesterday.

Feb 29, 2020, 1:04 PM

Also another one making the vaccine named VIR made +50% money this week then I sold and it dropped.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the US starts to get a lot of cases

Feb 28, 2020, 2:48 PM

You'll be buying high

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait for Tesla to hit $500

Feb 28, 2020, 2:50 PM

omg it was at $900 a few days ago.

Are they making money yet?

ive stayed away from them. closest thing to gambling***

Feb 28, 2020, 2:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Elon is a walking loose cannon

Feb 28, 2020, 2:59 PM

but he seems to deliver on stuff.

I think they are making 8000 cars a week now and still 6 weeks on backorder.

About 3-4 weeks out on a Model 3 Performance

Feb 28, 2020, 3:17 PM

I've been looking at them way too much lately...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what’s the correct order of events?

Feb 28, 2020, 9:41 PM

Do you install the fast charger before or after you start a YouTube “?? My Tesla” channel?

“Hi guys! LakeOhm (formerly Lakebum) here! This week I got a question from PelzerPete who asks “what would happen if you sat in the passenger seat and reversed through the CFA drivethru using autopilot”. Good question Pete, that’s just what we will answer today in (lightning bolt graphics and cheesy royalty-free Boston knock-off riff) LAKEOHMS LAIR”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What makes you think I don’t already have one?

Feb 29, 2020, 10:41 AM

Just because I don’t have a Tesla yet doesn’t mean I can’t virtue signal about the environment by smugly attempting to convince you that my interest in Tesla’s has nothing to do with the face melting acceleration, and everything to do with saving the planet.

I’ll also have to get through the 45 minute episodes where I ceramic coat it In front of the Biltmore House while acting like I live there, and covering up all the chrome as my first “mod”.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He seems to be the closest thing to Steve Jobs right now.

Feb 28, 2020, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Elon is a walking loose cannon ]

He's an ahole but he doesn't let excuses keep him from delivering the product he has in mind. Rubs a ton of people the wrong way and I'm sure it's terrible working for him. However, working in an industry where there is no dynamic leadership that sets a vision then executes on it I can't say I'd like to give working in that environment a try.

Nice that he moved his manufacturing to China

Feb 29, 2020, 7:18 AM

so we can get cheaper cars. Loose environmental regulations and cheap labor!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

market cap is higher than gm and ford combined

Feb 29, 2020, 7:16 AM [ in reply to Wait for Tesla to hit $500 ]

huh?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Telsa shouldn’t keep dropping.

Feb 29, 2020, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Wait for Tesla to hit $500 ]

I had bought at 430 and sold at 920 before the drop. Just rebought at 640. They are selling 15 million shares at 767 to investors. Elon buying 10 million himself. This will drive the stock at least back up to around that number. Imo. I could be completely wrong

watch AOL... I think this dial-up internet thing could take off.

Feb 28, 2020, 4:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

I'd hold off for at least a week. Here's why......

Feb 28, 2020, 8:27 PM

We're not testing people currently. The guidelines up until today for even qualifying for a test was if you'd been to China or around someone from China recently. But someone from Northern Italy, Japan, South Korea, etc.....no prob. No danger. No testing. Furthermore the CDC fugged up the testing kits they sent out. So new ones supposedly arrived in 22 states today. We've tested like 450 people for coronavirus through yesterday. Ridiculous.

Nope. When the states get these tests, and start testing, the markets may not like what they see. This thing can literally be spreading everywhere and until a hospital gets swamped or something, we will never know.

Trump is trying to save the market. I'd hold off for truth. Our numbers are as BS as the Chinese given the incompetence, which I think is deliberate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

for a well established company, the likely downside is

Feb 28, 2020, 9:43 PM

Timing the bottom too soon and leaving a little on the table. I don’t see any situation where a blue-chip at 15+% is a bad bet right now though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

check this out

Feb 29, 2020, 7:24 AM [ in reply to I'd hold off for at least a week. Here's why...... ]

You are right. We are not testing at all hardly. 459 tested so far. Nice of them to give us updates:

"This page will be updated regularly on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Numbers close out at 4 p.m. the day before reporting."

I guess those cutbacks...

I guess there is no need to update if you aren't testing people. There really can't be many confirmed cases. Who knows we may be like the diamond princess. They had really low numbers until they started testing people.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html

3 new cases of unknown origin in Washington, Oregon

Feb 29, 2020, 10:07 AM

and California. Washington and Oregon did their own tests and made the announcement. They don't even have CDC test results yet. One in Cali was confirmed by the CDC after 9 days and 2 attempts to request testing.

CDC requires states administer CDC tests. THEIR tests sucked, and are useless. States are breaking bureaucratic BS protocol and testing now on their own. Or SOME are, like Oregon and Washington.

Here's a guy who returned from Tokyo with all the symptoms in NYC. CDC refused to even test him. Just sent him home. He's quarantining himself, even though there is no requirement for it. New York is refusing to do their own tests, instead waiting for the useless CDC.

https://abc7ny.com/5974999/

This is the same thing China has done and why their numbers, to this day, are BS. If you're not tested, you're not diagnosed. Therefore if you die, oh well, must be pneumonia. Just think about it. A nation with over a BILLION people, 2nd largest economy on Earth, and 5,000 people get sick and a few hundred die, and they shutter the entire place. Stop all air travel. Quarantine whole cities and provinces. The reaction does not match the numbers. I'd wager millions of Chinese people have had this, and hundreds of thousands have died. Sadly, we are taking the same approach. Our STATES WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS. This goes back to my republic versus democracy rant. Our republic will deal with this disease, not our federal government. Our states, cities, counties, towns, and neighbors will deal with this, not our federal officials who play with our tax dollars.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Got etrade locked and loaded with funds

Feb 29, 2020, 6:14 AM

Long term you should be good. I put some more in an S&P 500 index fund yesterday. I won't touch it though for 20 more years or so if I live that long. That said, the market supposedly has at least 10% more to drop "they" say. This is going to be a rough next year or two for corporate earnings.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have never successfully timed the market

Feb 29, 2020, 7:15 AM

Monday would be a good time to buy. I did convert 20% of my equities to bonds at the end of last year, but that wasn't to buy stocks. That was more to preserve cash if I need it as I get closer to retirement.

I have always had a long term outlook and never have sold to hang on to cash waiting for a buying opportunity. I may keep a few percent cash at most and have been dollar cost averaging for over 30 years.

Ride em up and ride em down is what I do.

W the Fed saying they would protect the economy

Feb 29, 2020, 10:52 AM

There will be more buying Monday. I bought some things yesterday after hours and they are already up. Apple, Microsoft, Tesla, Zoom (If global virus more people will use video conferencing) . But who knows if the market has bottomed. I read 2 articles yesterday that said it probably had and would as it rallied Friday end of day.

But the press is really pushing Coronavirus again this weekend w more American cases so market could still bottom out more imo. Idk.

Make sure to buy the correct Zoom.

Feb 29, 2020, 3:36 PM

ZOOM has been essentially out of business since 2011 but saw a rise in its stock price from people buying the wrong stock.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic