Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Got back from vacation last weekend and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 419

Got back from vacation last weekend and

Aug 9, 2019, 11:10 AM

DireLawnmower would not work. The yard was getting out of control. For the first time in my life I just paid someone to do my yard chores. Mow, weedeat, and hedge trimming. $60 and they were done in an hour. It was glorious. This guy does the neighbors yard too, so I just got on his weekly schedule. I may never go back to doing my own yard again.

AnyJuan want to buy a Snapper Zero Turn mower that currently has the AIDS?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Sounds like 7 is a fair offer.

Aug 9, 2019, 11:22 AM

I'LL TAKE IT!

When should I expect delivery?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's the problem I've noticed my neighbors have with lawn

Aug 9, 2019, 11:26 AM

people. They go through at least two lawn services a year at a minimum. Seems it's like dealing with cable companies or something, eventually they'll just quit showing up, not do as good of a job, etc.

Next door neighbor is on lawn company #3 this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy has been doing the neighbor's yard for 5+ years

Aug 9, 2019, 11:37 AM

I see him over there once a week, every week. Less often in the winter, but still see him occasionally blowing leaves, etc.

I will fix my lawnmower just in case. Just wanted to share my realization that its ok to pay other people to do stuff, thereby freeing up more time for me to do nothing (TNet).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Re: Here's the problem I've noticed my neighbors have with lawn

Aug 9, 2019, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Here's the problem I've noticed my neighbors have with lawn ]

They destroy your yard because they dgaf if it’s raining just stopped raining or if it’s even time to mow. They just show up and roll and destroy your grass.

I did this once. Just once. They destroyed the yard and tore my gutter down spouts all to hell. Never again

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s why you get a guy and not a service

Aug 9, 2019, 11:48 AM

My lawnmower died 8 years ago and I got a guy. He only comes to cut when I text him and does a better job than I ever did. I’m still several hundred dollars ahead on the cost of a new mower.

Sounds like DT has a guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Does he bang your wife too while you are away?

Aug 9, 2019, 11:56 AM

I always dreamed of this scenario when I was a kid cutting grass in the neighborhood. It happened once, in college, and the person whose grass I was cutting was also my girlfriend and now wife. She enjoyed the site of me pushing her lawn, so she invited me in to push her lawn.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t think so

Aug 9, 2019, 12:00 PM

but I did get a bill for trimming bush es one time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

is DireLawnmower your kid?

Aug 9, 2019, 2:17 PM

sweet name

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

the bad think about those lawn guy is, imo, they never clean

Aug 9, 2019, 2:38 PM

their equipment so whatever weeds, fungi, etc they cut in the previous yard is now in your yard.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 419
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic