Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When or if Nuk is vindicated, I hope....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

When or if Nuk is vindicated, I hope....

Apr 19, 2013, 2:31 PM

he sues the heck out of ESPN for libel. As usual ESPN has Ed Werder doing a story on accusations that can't be backed up with proof.

Message was edited by: tigerking79®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How have they slandered him?***

Apr 19, 2013, 2:40 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leaving alone the fact that you probably mean "libel".***

Apr 19, 2013, 2:44 PM

Re: Leaving alone the fact that you probably mean "libel".***

Apr 19, 2013, 2:55 PM

Wouldn't do any good--it was his room, that's what they reported. The significant question remains, "Did Nukie spread the dukie?"

I don't think he did, and they didn't report that he did.

Apr 19, 2013, 2:57 PM

So yes, I think talking about libel/slander is quite the folly.

Actually, whether they came right out and said it was

Apr 20, 2013, 8:30 AM

Nuk's pudding on the walls, or not, they left no doubt that they believed he and his roommate are guilty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Leaving alone the fact that you probably mean "libel".***

Apr 19, 2013, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Leaving alone the fact that you probably mean "libel".*** ]

I guess that motel was a Dump.

This article's headline, on the other hand, is libelous:

Apr 19, 2013, 4:41 PM

http://iamdistinct.com/nfl-draft-picks-trash-hotel/

Here is how they committed libel.....

Apr 19, 2013, 3:02 PM [ in reply to How have they slandered him?*** ]

This is a relatively stale story --- from March --- reported on April 19. The reporters did not research before reporting. They did not check with Nuk before they "broke" the story. The damage to his reputation has been done, whether he did it or not.

Message was edited by: Tiger_Fan_007®

how do you slaunder someone??? :-)***

Apr 19, 2013, 3:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cross between "slam" and

Apr 19, 2013, 3:05 PM

"launder".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Got it....slam...launder...so they come out really clean???

Apr 19, 2013, 3:06 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, they slam you into a really big washing machine.

Apr 19, 2013, 3:08 PM

Makes water boarding seem like a day at Disney.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I don't think you know what "slander" means.***

Apr 19, 2013, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Here is how they committed libel..... ]

Or libel, for that matter.***

Apr 19, 2013, 3:08 PM

Just FYI

Apr 19, 2013, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Here is how they committed libel..... ]

It's not slander/libel if it's true, no matter how old the story is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Here's the story: Which portion do you think Nuk would be

Apr 19, 2013, 2:51 PM

Able to prove is false?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9187853/deandre-hopkins-mark-harrison-occupied-trashed-hotel-rooms-combine-sources-say

A trashed hotel room at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis belonged to Clemson wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins and Rutgers wide receiver Mark Harrison, according to league sources.

Recently, Yahoo! Sports reported that a room shared by two players was left in bad condition, but did not identify the occupants. It was learned this week, multiple sources told ESPN, that the room belonged to Hopkins and Harrison.

NFL sources also told ESPN they believe Harrison is not responsible for what happened to the room.

His agent, Ed Wasielewski, also said Harrison was not involved.

"My client completely denies having anything to do with the hotel incident," he said.

Hopkins' agent, Hadley Engelhard, said of his client: "He had as much to do with anything in that room as you did."

Hopkins told FOXSports.com on Thursday night that the room was fine when he checked out.

"Luckily, thank God, my agent got my flight booked early or it really would've been questionable if I did [it] or not," he said. "My agent got my flight booked early. He told me hurry up.

"I got done before Mark Harrison, so I was already packed. I already took a shower and packed and everything. Mark came in and we spoke for at least 20 minutes about the combine. Then the bellman came in and helped me get my bags out. And I left. That's, honestly, all I can say."

Hopkins told FOXSports.com that he hopped on a flight and heard the news that his room was trashed and covered in "feces" the next day from Engelhard.

He also told the website that he feels Harrison had nothing to do with the incident.

"I say check the cameras," Hopkins said in the interview. "That's the best way that you're going to get the answer. Check the cameras and check the timing of everything."

Harrison's former coach at Rutgers, Kyle Flood, quickly came to Harrison's defense, as well.

"I've been in this program (at Rutgers) for eight years, and Mark was a three-year starter," Flood said. "He's been on a lot of road trips and we've never had a single disciplinary issue with him. He's a model of the type of person we want here at Rutgers. It would be so out of character to be involved in this that I just cannot imagine under any circumstance that it would happen and involve him."

Urine and feces were found around the bathroom, toothpaste was left on the mirror and partially eaten food was on one of the beds, sources told ESPN. Neither player made any attempt to clean up the mess, according to witnesses, and neither player has taken responsibility for the room. But, the NFL community is now well aware of which players occupied it.

One NFL coach expressed disappointment to hear that Hopkins, regarded as a potential second-round pick, may have been involved.

What makes the conduct of the players disappointing to NFL teams is National Football Scouting president Jeff Foster warns each player at the start of the combine that all eyes will be on them and they will be evaluated from the moment they arrive in Indianapolis until the moment they leave.

The room Hopkins and Harrison shared was on the first floor of the Crowne Plaza where players stay and teams conduct interviews. At the end of the combine, some scouts took pictures of the room because of its condition, according to sources. Teams also have inquired more and more about which players stayed in the room.

you have to remember a rule of tnet....................

Apr 19, 2013, 3:00 PM

ESPN is out to get us...they love everyone but us.

Have you read all of the headlines?

Apr 19, 2013, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Here's the story: Which portion do you think Nuk would be ]

Some say "WRs trash hotel rooms" or something like that.

Got a link?***

Apr 19, 2013, 3:06 PM

Apr 19, 2013, 4:42 PM

(but this is not espn)

Re: Got a link?***

Apr 19, 2013, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Got a link?*** ]

My problem is not with the print article, but with the

Apr 20, 2013, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Here's the story: Which portion do you think Nuk would be ]

on-air story. Werder casts huge suspicion on Nuk and Harrison and at the very tail end, he says one caveat: sometimes guys leave their doors open during the combine and anyone can come in. Watch the video. It's much more accusatory.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic