Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Apr 6, 2020, 7:50 AM

Friday night, stayed in.

Saturday, stayed in. Installed a new shower head and broke out the new food sealer.

Sunday, stayed in, except for a walk where saw two white squirrels. I do not live in Brevard.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We sat out on the patio all weekend in the sunshine

Apr 6, 2020, 7:54 AM

doing odd jobs around, spent some time at casa build Fri and Sun afternoon.
Good food, good talks, very enjoyable with nothing really to do.
Passed a GT40 near the house while on a heavy cream and beer run...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Apr 6, 2020, 7:59 AM

Friday got togo food from Flipside Cafe, $40 and it was enough Shrimp & Grits and Chicken Alfredo to easily feed 4 people. Home to watch Ozark Season 3 finale...whew.

Saturday up to start the day by sitting around. Went to Riverwalk to run while the wife and kids took a nice walk, got 7 miles of running in, 2 miles of walking. Swung by Food Lion to get our curbside groceries. Alot that we ordered was not available, but it was nice to not even go into the grocery store. At home we opened up the pool, but it was green. My brother added 6 bags of salt and get it up and running. Went to the dump and to Slow Play Brewing to get 4 Crowlers of good beer. Drank alot of that around the pool. Ate grilled chicken salads for dinner.

Sunday up early to start the day by sitting around. Cut the grass, checked on pool and it was much clearer, looking good. I think brother added 3 more bags of salt. Took remaining beers to pool and let kids swim. Also played yard baseball with them. Dinner last night was Papa Johns and I ate too much Ben & Jerry's afterward. Felt like a fat pig.

7 / 10

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually used my deck a lot this weekend

Apr 6, 2020, 7:59 AM

for a change. Got some sun. No longer look like the page I'm currently typing on.

Fri - drank beer
Sat - drank beer, had a fire
Sun - drank beer

High5, used min too!***

Apr 6, 2020, 8:20 AM

Also...

Apr 6, 2020, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Actually used my deck a lot this weekend ]

FINALLY watched Wolf of Wall Street last night. Loved it.

Will have images of Margot Robbie stashed away for a while!!

Actually worked

Apr 6, 2020, 8:02 AM

Saturday & Sunday from home

Friday got offered - and accepted an 8 week gig for June & July also working from home

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Noice. Kangarts***

Apr 6, 2020, 8:03 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but [redacted for compassion]

Apr 6, 2020, 8:04 AM

Friday - Columbo's pizza

Sattidy - paid for it

Sunday - Made it Ingles for food stuffs, made a few casts for some crappie or bass, nada.

Pretty much vegged out all weekend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Apr 6, 2020, 8:08 AM

I am sure just like all of you, it was the most exciting weekend of my life.

Virtual birthday for my youngest

Apr 6, 2020, 8:12 AM

virtual family get together and games also.

Ate too much again!

TU's caught up!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Highs and Lows

Apr 6, 2020, 8:18 AM

Fri - snuck out of work to fish. Caught a 6.2 lb LM. Got called by boss lady "If I knew you had extra time blah blah blah blah".

Had a meeting at 2:30 and worked 6 hours in the evening.

Sat - Worked COVID project from 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.....crushed it

Sun - Church on youtubes, McJr and I went to a pond and caught 8 bass and a big ol tittay bream

Played outside

I'm getting a little bored with the perpetual weekend thing.

Apr 6, 2020, 8:23 AM

Friday, logged off from work around 3:30 and went to the dump, stopped by Dollar Tree and grabbed a few things, made a big score on toilet paper. It's crazy to think that's the reason I came home to crack beers and celebrate. Strange new world. Flipped around on TV for a while and found quite possibly the worst movie of quarantine on the Pluto 80s channel called Miracle Mile, then crashed.

Saturday, got up and did chores, then Mrs. and I rode over to her mom's house and cleaned out the last of what she was bringing home and took several truckloads to the dump. Joonyer is closing on the house this week so we had much to get to done. He's still trying to decide whether to rent or sell his current house while working inside the new one, so LOTS to be done. Got home late afternoon and made a few daqiuiris with a half bottle of Bacardi from mom-in-law's liquor cabinet. Watched the Showtime Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary If I Leave Here Tomorrow. I've seen a number of Skynyrd docs over the years, and this was hands down the best, and one of the best music documentaries PERIOD.

Sunday, pretty much a full day of walk the pup, come in and watch something, rinse, repeat. Miles To Go Before I Sleep documentary about touring band roadies was pretty good. Started digging through the freezer and found an unlabeled container, turned out to be venison stew, so supper. Popped a Heady Topper and watched Walking Dead. After, I tried to start putting together a grocery list online for pickup sometime this week. Online grocery shopping really limits what you can get from going into the store it seems, so ended up getting sidetracked looking at meat delivery services and meal delivery services to see what those things offer in an effort to avoid contact with filthy disease-ridden puny humans.

Final Weekend Rating: 15/19 COVIDS.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Food Lion not TOO far from your house was our

Apr 6, 2020, 8:36 AM

curbside option. No TP, no paper towels, no clorox clean-up, and lots of other stuff got substituted or removed. We ordered 48 items and I think we picked up +/- 35 items. Not terrible, not great though.

Mom said Food Lion on Ebenezer had TP yesterday.

Apr 6, 2020, 8:40 AM

Sis went to go get some, but since I scored Friday I'm probably good for a couple of months if I have to.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VF20

Apr 6, 2020, 8:36 AM
VF20.jpg(176.4 K)

was pretty disappointing

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

LOL

Apr 6, 2020, 8:38 AM

out loud

Well, did they barf?***

Apr 6, 2020, 8:46 AM [ in reply to VF20 ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Honestly, that is better company that the rest of these

Apr 6, 2020, 8:53 AM [ in reply to VF20 ]

suckers

It was good

Apr 6, 2020, 8:39 AM

Friday: Just did some odd jobs around the house.

Saturday: Yard work in the morning. Called my oldest friend in the afternoon. He was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer just before Christmas. I had a couple of beers, he smoked a couple of bowls and we had some laughs. Cut a couple of onions after we hung up. Made wings for dinner and we Zoomed Jackbox with DaughterOf and SIL in the evening.

Sunday: Maria and I spent some time down by the water. We just kind of watched the day go by.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whale.....

Apr 6, 2020, 8:44 AM

Braved two grocery stores prolly for last time for 2-3 weeks. Fixed mom's water and got her mail and took out her garbage. She found 2 boxes of old surgical masks in her closet, gave us one. So I have at least those masks to wear if I have to go out. She went out for a drive to get out of the house, but went nowhere. Been eating high on the hawg too. Friday night we ate nothing spatial, but Saturday we had three nice ribeye steaks, and fresh veggies from the farmers market. Oh, and a double-serving of Basil-Hayden. Sunday we had BBQ chicken, which I love cooking because it takes an hour and a half to cook. More great veggies.

Sunday also learnt our plumber's friend had mysteriously disappeared. This is a phenomena that never existed until we had kids. Anyway, inlaws had one and we used it to unclog the sink because wife clogged it dumping egg shells in it (Easter). Trimmed the bushes. Yard guy is to deliver 40 bails of pinestraw next visit so wanted to get the clippings down before the new pinestraw.

Did a little work. Corrected a report.

Oh, and wife's already wanting me to go back to a grocery store for Easter baskets for the kids, and another store for the ham she likes. She's getting everything put in her car at Wal-Mart then we will disinfect. I mean the next 2-3 weeks I have planned NOT to have to go to stores. We have all the food we need. But she's off her rocker about having to have the 4 oaks ham and sweet potatoes, etc. I asked why she didn't ask me on FRIDAY to get that stuff if it was so important.

Between the picky eaters and whatever this is a major ordeal for them to feed themselves food. I'm loving having real good food, they're miserable not having fast food every night. But the most amazing thing is our 2yo LOVES vegetables. Cucumbers, tomatoes, squash, asparagus, you name it.

That's about it.

7.923/10

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

East Coast Party don't ever End.....

Apr 6, 2020, 8:45 AM

Same party, just another weekend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

virtual happy hours and outside work

Apr 6, 2020, 8:48 AM

fri - 2 work virtual happy hours, starting at 4. started smoking some brats round that time. first 2 hours were smoking in a pan w/ beer, last hour just smoked straight up. ate w/ peppers and onions with tots. amazeballs. then we had virtual trivia with friends.

needsless to say i was hammers. watch American Pie to finish it off - 8.5/10 b/c too drunk for the poundtown

sat - woke up hungover as ####. started working on shed. cooked steak. pretty meh - 7.5/10

sun - not hungover, made homemade hashbrows with left over sausages. cut the #### out of my pointer finger RIGHT ON THE FARCKING TIP, finished all prep work so shed ready for paint, wife worked in yard - 7.5/10

not enough #####, worked too much, pollen + sawdust = sniffles, cut off pointer finger, still rona:30 but still kickin

Painted my 12X20 in about 30 minutes one day

Apr 6, 2020, 8:52 AM

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Graco-Magnum-Project-Painter-Plus-Electric-Stationary-Airless-Paint-Sprayer/3160175

Priming, reading directions, cleanup was another 2 hrs but still totally worth it.

just started looking at sprayers

Apr 6, 2020, 9:03 AM

is that a lot better than one of these?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Wagner-Flexio-3000-Handheld-HVLP-Paint-Sprayer/1000333963

Trying to find a sprayer I can also use for staining my fence

I ain't experienced very much in the subject but the obvious

Apr 6, 2020, 9:23 AM

thing here is capacity. The one I used you drop the supply line in the bucket and it used 5.5-6 gallons on the 12X20. If you try and spray a large area with this thing, you will constantly be refilling.

Could have been worse...

Apr 6, 2020, 8:59 AM

Friday - worked from home - afternoon played 52 games of HORSE with kids - went to Walmart to get son-of new skateboard helmet

Saturday - took son-of to Cabellas in Greenville to get a new fishing rod and accessories. Mainly to get tf out of the house. He is on the spectrum and bored out of his mind, which makes for a rough situation at home. More HORSE...a lot more HORSE. painted some flex-seal on koi pond. Grilled out steak and chops.

Sunday - Lowes, replaced all HVAC filters in house - not sure why all 6 had to be different sizes. Installed mail flag on mail box, grocery store, helped wife-of plant some potted plants, filled-up koi pond, worked on some sprinkler heads, more HORSE, kept kids from killing each other and wife from killing kids, cooked dinner, then 5 hrs of work.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still getting things organized in the new house.

Apr 6, 2020, 9:06 AM

Friday: Home from work around 6 and made a quick Walmart market run for some stuff.

Saturday: Costco run took 25 minutes to get through the line to enter, 25 minutes to shop and about 5 minutes to checkout. They had it really organized. Everything was in stock as far as i could tell except i couldn't find foodsaver rolls that they usually have. Got TP, paper towels, chicken and ground beef to last probably 2 months. But this is our normal shop there anyway. $350 out the door in under an hour.

POD showed up with the rest of the #### we obviously don't need because we haven't had it for 2+ months now. Unloaded it anyway.

Fried Chicken, mac & cheese and broccoli for dinner.

Sunday: installed one of the two storage racks for above the garage doors and had a buddy break quarantine to move the last 5 pieces of furniture out of the pod.

Ordered pizza for dinner from a nearby place. Not that great, so will need to keep searching for a decent pizza place.

Beers strategically spread throughout afternoons.

Not bad.

Apr 6, 2020, 9:19 AM

did a lot of playing in the yard, planting the garden, and drinking.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I'll participate

Apr 6, 2020, 9:26 AM
painted.jpg(85.1 K)
primed.jpg(64.8 K)
Real truck.jpg(120.4 K)

Friday: Took some stuff to the dump, picked up flowers from my Ag teacher friend's greenhouse, dropped off bowflex at a friend's (no contact during any of these events). Dinner was some Hawaiian tacos on the new 36 inch griddle (best purchase in recent history). Few beers on the back porch with my wife. Began working on a birthday present for my dad.

Saturday: Started the day with a run. Big breakfast on the griddle. Picked up a couple of necessities from town. Took 2 3 mile walks with my wife. Edited church for Sunday and posted to youtubes. Put new hardware on my daughter's bifold closet doors. Quesadillas on the griddle with homemade tortillas. Sat on the back deck.

Sunday: Made pancakes on the griddle. Watched church with the family. Planted flowers. Pressure washed parts of the house. Walked with the wife at a park. Nerf battles with the boys. Watered flowers. Continued work on dad's gift.

10/10

Dad's gift. He's always had a thing for 1972 Chevy C-10s. The first truck I remember him having was a gold an white one. Sold it and bought a new one. Sold new one, bought a brown and white 72. Sold it, bought a new one. Finally bought a 72 and restored it (Chevy red and white). I've always wanted to find a model or diecast of one for him, but they are all low riders or really expensive. Found one at the Walmarts the other day that was brown and white (Cheyenne not C-10 but close enough). Ordered Chevy red paint. Painted it up. I have a chrome paint pen coming this week to finish it and reassemble.

TLDR, who cares, you have nothing but time to read now. Pics are out of order for some reason.

Today will be the 5th day in a row I've taken a boat ride

Apr 6, 2020, 10:34 AM

It's been pretty wonderful, although not having any takeout available has sucked. Gas is cheap, Keystone is on sale, if we could get rid of the pollen things would be great.

If I wasn't worried the economy was going to totally tank and f me in the a in the process, things would be awesome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pretty crummy

Apr 6, 2020, 10:49 AM

Somehow had a seizure on Friday AM. Mrs Fluff and daughter of are scarred now

Spent 24 hours in ER>ICU

Checked on every 2 hours

Slept for maybe 3 or 4 hours

2/10 wood not dew again

Oh man, that is scary. Suck with 6 months of

Apr 6, 2020, 11:04 AM

no driving?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, no driving for 6 months

Apr 6, 2020, 1:01 PM

Not so bad for now being all quarantined and what not, but will be awful if/when the kids go back to school, it could get brutal.

Hey, that sucks. Glad you are OK now***

Apr 6, 2020, 11:24 AM [ in reply to pretty crummy ]

That sux.

Apr 6, 2020, 12:51 PM [ in reply to pretty crummy ]

Feeling any better today?

Apr 6, 2020, 12:47 PM

Friday after work, I cooked something, don't recall what. Started watching The English Game on Netflix

Saturday I worked for a couple hours at home, then helped GF move stuff into her new place, all day long, it felt like. Saturday day came home, cooked something else not sure what. watched a couple more eps of The English Game on Netflix before bed

Slept in late af Sunday, rolled out of bed around 9 and watched the last two episodes of The English Game on Netflix. Lazy af the rest of the day, sheltering in place and what not.

I started offering folks in the neighborhood my photog services if they would make a donation to any non profit. So yesterday evening I went and did some family portrait pics for a couple in the hood.

pigs?***

Apr 6, 2020, 12:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic