Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 827

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jul 2, 2018, 8:12 AM

Friday night, up to Asheville to see the Blasters.

Saturday, super lazy day taking advantage of no out of town plans.

Sunday, attempted to make a shadow box with nothing by a circular saw, some clamps, and wood glue. It is pretty rough looking. the 45 degree bevels didn't work out and things aren't square. Back to the drawing board.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jul 2, 2018, 8:13 AM

ate a lunchable pizza my nephewe brought to house and watcd some tv n tended to garden tomatoes are dying from heat

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not too bad

Jul 2, 2018, 8:15 AM

Friday: worked late nothing of note

Saturday: Slept in a bit, watched the Whirled Cup, went to Charlotte and saw the Impractical Jokers (birthday gift for my son.) Ate at Bang Bang Burger and DEW HIGH-LEE WRECK OR MEND.

Sunday: Slept in a bit, Some cleaning up around house, Whirled Cup again, caught Skyfall on TV and fell asleep.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I enjoy their show, what is a live appearance like?***

Jul 2, 2018, 8:18 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Story telling and stand up mainly

Jul 2, 2018, 10:30 AM

This was our second time seeing them, $60 per ticket and not great seats. Will probably be our last show.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good.

Jul 2, 2018, 8:16 AM

Was lazy Saturday. Trimmed the bushes. Made yard pretty. Then worked a little too. But mostly lazy. Sunday same. Son of messed up his foot on his bike. Got foot caught in front tire. Nasty scrape on bottom of foot. Cleaning it he screamed more than he did when he did it. Should be fine though. No doc trip.

8.4/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2018, 8:17 AM

friday - best friend from college came to town so he came over and had dinner then we went downtown. his sister was in town with a few of her frands
saturday - woke up early cleaned house, took 2 hour nap cus tired from friday night. watched ronaldo get his ### waxed by Uruguay. went to dinner with parents at the fish camp, then went downtown again. Ended up staying up until 4am.
sunday - dead from staying up til 4am. Slept til noon then watched denmark vs croatia, and russia vs spain. went to inlaws for dinner

Pigs of sister?***

Jul 2, 2018, 9:10 AM

Or defragment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, the Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Jul 2, 2018, 8:17 AM

Pretty meh.

Cut down some small dead trees on sattidy.

Watched Tiger miss a bunch of short putts.

Did cook up some snapper with a pistachio pesto last night. Served it with an heirloom tomato and feta salad. Purty dang good.

3.462/10 cuz heat and backhurting chain saw work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

purdy good

Jul 2, 2018, 8:19 AM

Friday evening at the pool
Saturday family came over and did some grilling and hanging with extended family
Sunday on the boat to fish. Wrong tides and too #### hot so we drove all around, nice day on the water

Busy af

Jul 2, 2018, 8:21 AM

Friday after work, hit the grocery store to stock up, came home and cut grass, cook dinner and watched a little TV. In bed early.

Saturday up at 630 to hit the road to Lake Hartwall by 730. The kids had sail camp swim test and capsizing drills. That went very well for sonof as he's learned to dry walk a capsized 420. It was pretty impressive to watch. Daughterof's expectations have been set high and she's still got a ways to go before pulling off the dry walk.

Headed home immediately after that b/c Lake Hartwell. I worked on learning some things about Lightroom CC which is a real pita when you're already pretty good at Photoshop. It was a frustrating afternoon.

Saturday even, headed over to G Vegas for the stick ball game at Flour Field. Home team lost to the Riverdogs 3-2. Baseball is boringer than soccer (but at least they don't end in a tie)

Sunday morning was lazy as could be. Around mid morning we packed a cooler and headed down to Lake Murray to hang out at a beach like area with live music and a couple beach bars. Played in the water for a few hours then headed back to a friends house for under cooked hamburgers. Finally made it home late and crashed.

Wore the f out this morning.

I hate when 420 gets capsized.******

Jul 2, 2018, 9:13 AM

Especially a Sweetwater 420***

Jul 2, 2018, 9:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: aight, I spose

Jul 2, 2018, 8:21 AM

Got some sheetrock hung on another section of the crib.Stepped on a nail. Pretty bad puncture, and had to go get tetanus shot. Foot hurts when I walk.

Turned in my Dish equipment, and now cord cutting full time. Easy enough, I only watch 5 hours of TV/week - maybe.

Short week 'cos 4th. Exited about the weekend. Ready to drunk

hot and sticky.***

Jul 2, 2018, 8:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was pretty hot outside as well, ehh?***

Jul 2, 2018, 8:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: Mr OSF had good video?******

Jul 2, 2018, 9:15 AM [ in reply to hot and sticky.*** ]

Ok , but have been feeling a bit off lately...

Jul 2, 2018, 8:41 AM

Fri- worked a little, but mostly pretended, some good filets had from Tate Meat Works
Sat - mrs birthday, so spent day in Gville DT and with familia; did get some Tears of Green at GBX
Sun - lazy day, consumed TOG and made some good Asian style cod in Dutch oven with baby bok choy

Jul 2, 2018, 8:47 AM

Drank a bunch of wine and beer.

Stained my deck.

J'd off so much that it started affecting my health (mental and physical).

Wife cut the grass. I sat inside, folded laundry and watched the Ken Burns Viet-Fukking-Nam Documentary. It is very good so far.

Shot off a few small fireworks with the kids. That turned into a shit-show because my kids ruin everything.

Watched the fireworks being shot off at the ### at my aunt and uncle's house. It's a perfect view. We've been watching them there since I was a small child. I don't think we've missed a year yet. It's a good tradition.

Quote of the weekend:
My wife and daughter were staying in a house with some other dance girls at a competition this weekend. One of the girls was dancing and the mom's said, "wow! Jane is such a clean dancer. Her moves are so sharp and clean." DaughterAdidas (age 6) immediately says, "I'm more of a dirty dancer." Completely straight faced. lol

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

That girl loves her some Swayze.*******

Exxxxxcellent

Jul 2, 2018, 8:51 AM

Went to Other Half, Threes, Grimm (opening day), Brooklyn Cider House, and KCBC on Saturday in the ridiculous heat. Bought way too much beer.

Went to Brix City and Magnify yesterday and then proceeded to SIL house for pool party. Came home without kids because they are with my inlaws again this week.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh yea - finally watched Slap Shot.***

Jul 2, 2018, 8:52 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not bad, thank you for axking

Jul 2, 2018, 8:55 AM

Thurs - brewpub downtown ventured into the karaoke business, so checked it out. Not bad, sound could use some work.

Fri - lazed around a good bit, ran a few errands. Looked at a couple properties for us to move into some day. Didn't karaoke as usual on Friday b/c wife didn't want to, but did go watch a local band. Redhead things.

Sat - Had to come into work for a couple hours to meet a deadline. Suxxed. Met friends downtown and ate. Met an irish couple that were in town and ended up hanging out with them for a bit and drinking quite a few beers.

Sun - took kids to eat lunch. Helped brother bring a new grill home from Lowes. Made steaks for supper. Really considering getting a sous vide cooker.

7.2/10 or something

Hated to see this magnificent beast of a weekend

Jul 2, 2018, 8:59 AM

take its leave.

Friday, left work around 11:30 and headed straight to the music store. My buddy that owns it was making a rare appearance in the store that day so hung out and chatted with him and his lovely Mrs. for a couple of hours and pulled the trigger on a new Ibanez SRH500 bass and a Fender Rumble 100 amp (I've seriously got to sell off a couple of basses and a couple of amps now). Got home mid-afternoon and took pup on a walk in the scorching heat, then went and got oil changed in the car. Got back home and drank first beer of the day and waited for Mrs. Tig to get ready so we could leave for Charlotte to see Hayes Carll. Pierce Edens opened and was excellent, Hayes Carll was with a full band and put on probably the best show I've ever seen from him.

Saturday, had Rock Hill chainsaw massacre. Took out all kinds of stuff and things that needed chainsaw massacre-ing. Back inside to some house chores and cool off, then some late afternoon light tractor work. Back inside to crack an ice cold shower beer and get cleaned up, the the Mrs. and I went to the new Mexican restaurant that is owned by a good pal of one of my co-workers. The food was very good, they've only been open a week and they do need to sharpen up their efficiency on the service a little, but overall a good experience. Went hoe and collected new bass and amp and off to full band LOUD rock and roll jam session. The new rig performed to my expectations in real world application.

Sunday, laid around like a cow all morning because the combo of staying out way too late and failure to wear the dust mask while mowing gave my sinuses a fit. Piddled around with a few house chores and worked on some music files on the computer, then off to the grocery store in the afternoon. Back home to take the pup on a long walk, then had a big salad for dinner because quick, easy, and hopefully counteracting of my less than stellar weekend diet. Finally settled in and watched Preacher, then crashed.

No yellow or red cards this weekend, which captured a 10.90210 score from the judges. Would do again. And again.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2018, 9:06 AM

Friday cut backyard. Watched soccer. Ate Whopper and a few fries for lunch.

Saurday. Cut front yard. Had girls over. Went to Shealys BBQ for lunch. Played with Gizmo as he came over for visit with girls. Gizmo had chicken liver and bacon for lunch. It's good to be spoiled like this little dog. He jumped off side porch to play with girls. About 5 times his height. Watched moar good soccer late.

Sunday. Got up and prayed for your souls and mine. Watched moar better soccer. Ate Salmon, rice with red pepper, and zucchini.

Monday got up before dawn, took pigs of sunrise over lake, and now playing on Tnet waiting for Brazil to kick ball in Mexico'snuts. Chicken will happen for lunch. Like all good Tigers.

15/10, would recommend.

Left Tuesday for Paris from LAX.
Made it to Paris 8AM Wednesday. Spent the day around Paris, went to the Eiffel Tower, ate at some cafes, and slept at the hotel.
Got up Thursday morning and took the shuttle to Beauvais to fly to Cluj. Beauvais is a #### airport, but the only one that will get you to Cluj non-stop. We boarded our flight on WizzAir, only to have it delayed almost two hours because of one missing screw.

Finally, we got to Cluj. Bobo picked us up at the airport, and dropped us off at our airbnb, a 2 BR flat that was close to all the events for the weekend. After a few hours, I went over to Bobo's and hung out with him and his fiancée, Ioana. We shot the #### and caught up for a while, then, I took him out to meet the rest of the guys for the bachelor party.
We started at a bar with a steampunk theme and did a few rounds of shots. We left from there and went to a street full of bars, including one with 6 shots for 12 lei($3.00) things proceeded to go down hill from there. We hit every bar on the street, and ran into the bachelorette party, too. Things are incredibly cheap in Romania- 8 shots of jack Daniels only cost 56 lei, or $1.75 each., and that was the most expensive round we had. We ended up going home around sunrise.
Friday, I got up at noon, drank some water, then went to Ursus brewery. It's the oldest beer in Romania, but it is now owned by SAB Miller. The beer was OK, we had a couple pints and then went to the wedding rehearsal. The rehearsal was a little bit longer than expected, but we pitched in and helped get the details for the reception taken care of, and then we went to Euphoria beer garden for dinner. It was a low key night that ended around 11 because on Saturday- we had the wedding.

A Romanian wedding is truly a bigger party than any other wedding I've been to. First, we got together with Bobo and the groomsmen around 11 to get ready. Just after 1, we took shots and pictures. Next, we all went on to pick up the bride and take more pictures. While this was happening, all of us groomsmen were writing notes with well wishes that we hid throughout the house. Well, while we were in the office, they left and locked all of us in the apartment. A few calls later, we got free, and met the wedding procession. Our first stop was the park for the civil ceremony, where the Mayor married the happy couple in the civil ceremony. Next, we took more pictures, then more pictures, then we went to the Orthodox Church for the religious ceremony. Afterwards, we went to the reception- starting at 5:30, we danced , took shots and partied until well after 3AM. We left and went to the airport to fly back to Paris on a 6AM flight. After getting to Beauvais, we took a train to Disneyland Paris, and hit the park until it closed last night.

Cheese and rice

Jul 2, 2018, 9:24 AM

I'm tired just from reading about all that drinking

Red got sects by TDrake's wife's

Jul 2, 2018, 9:35 AM [ in reply to 15/10, would recommend. ]

Boyfriend Oui oui.

WOAH, whitespace-whitespace***

Jul 2, 2018, 10:55 AM [ in reply to 15/10, would recommend. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2018, 9:19 AM

I look at it like it is still going through the 4th.

I figured it was better to break things up

Jul 2, 2018, 9:27 AM

with a 2 day work week. Nothing of note worth burning time off today and tomorrow for.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deathcold '18

Jul 2, 2018, 9:31 AM

And that's what its been since last Monday.every.day.

Friday-tried not to die watching tv while semi sleeping on the couch.

Saturday, slept straight through noon, moved to couch, tried not to die watching 12 hours of terrible TV. A few things learned: Dogs don't like to let people sleep on the couch during the day. It's amazing the stuff they find to bark LOUDLY at, and how much they have to go out to pee. Also, breathing through your nose is really overrated. I probably get at least 25% of the same amount of air while breathing through my mouth.

Sunday-Slept until 1:30, and could no longer take not leaving the house. Got up, gave in to the sickness and went to a Doc in a Box, waited for 45 minutes, talked to the doc less than 30 seconds. He prescribed some huge white horse pills that may or may be working. I felt a little better (and was over sitting around the house) and went to Red's for dinner with friends. That was fun, and actually had decent food this time. I mean I guess it was good; at least it wasn't revolting as I can't really taste anything right now. Ended up having a few beers; the first in a week. I figured I couldn't really feel any worse today. Later, rode the golf cart around the hood at about 10:00 with the lights turned off. I'm such a scofflaw.

Back to work for 2 days then /WEEK.

I give the weekend 2/10 yelp stars; redeeming feature was the last 6 hours of Sunday.

Verrry nize

Jul 2, 2018, 9:35 AM

Started Tuesday - still going on

So far included a trip to Richmond for blacksmithing, brewery touring, bbq eating etc

Back home for more bbq eating and consumption of the massive quantities of beer I brought back with me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Which Breweries did you hit

Jul 2, 2018, 1:45 PM

Hope Hardywood, Strangeways and Center of the Universe made the list. With a short to medium drive Lickinghole Creek and Three Notch'd are 2 more great choices.

pretty awesome

Jul 2, 2018, 9:36 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BksqE_iBoKH/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: pretty certain PETA is on.phone wondering why you

Jul 2, 2018, 9:40 AM

Threw a perfectly good dog away.

Great

Jul 2, 2018, 9:37 AM

left friday for Hartwell. Camping at an unspecified Corp campground. Picked up some wings and chicken for dinner. too hot for a campfire but got everything situated for the week.

Saturday, put the boat in and picked everyone up for a day on the lake. met up with some friends and pulled the boys in the tube a bit. Spent most of the afternoon in a lounging raft in a cove. Met some really nice friends of friends and retired back to our site for burgers and dogs. Campfire and watched fireworks all around the lake.

Sunday, got up and picked up around campsite. We drove over to a friends house and tried to teach the boys to wakeboard and wake surf. Both did really well. before they were able to get up they challenged me. I had been giving them direction on how to get up and I got the "if its so easy YOU do it." So....51 year old dad had to show these boys how its done. BOOM first try in probably 20 years. OLD man Skills.

AS I told my wife. I may not be able to STAY up as long as I once could, I proved that I can still get up. And for the time I did it, it was just as fun as when I was young.

Monday. At work. Have to travel to a site and do an audit, then back home. Wife and kids will be at lake all week.

Tuesday hope to get home mid day. hopefully in time to take the boat to Clemson for fireworks.

Wednesday find a cove and hide from the rest of the world. Might do some fishing at daybreak and dusk. Plan to put a Butt on the smoker when we leave the site and have BBQ when we get back. FYI BILO has Butts .99/lb.

Then commute Thursday and 1/2 day friday...... unless I can find some reason not to ;)

Next Weekend....REPEAT.

I'm sure you know, but the roughest I've ever seen the lake

Jul 2, 2018, 12:32 PM

is after the fireworks show. Surprised a few people don't get killed every year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2018, 10:04 AM

Friday: bush hogged and drank beer. Went to eat, met attractive girl, went separate ways. No pigs.

Saturday: worked some, bush hogged and drank beer. grilled salmon, asparagus with wild rice.

Sunday: church, ate dinner alone, picked up Myfavjr. threw ball and batting practice, grilled chicken and watched recorded race.

Monday a.m.: for some reason, I'm very depressed.

Message was edited by: I'm feeling better now!! :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably depressed cuz you are not hogging bushes right now***

Jul 2, 2018, 10:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: probably depressed cuz you are not hogging bushes right now***

Jul 2, 2018, 10:25 AM

that might be it! :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I spent most of the weekend plotting.

Jul 2, 2018, 11:06 AM

I evaluated which sealer would be best for sealing the rubber to the body around the rear windshield on a 33 year old car. While I was thinking I cleaned up some of the mess I'd made while staying busy.

Basically, I watched Netflix and tried to muster up the balls to move that rare find perfect German rear windshield glass and put it in the body. I should never have quit xanax. That's the prescription for fixing a poosey like me who's trying to get his mancard back.

Don't ask how I lost it.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

things are looking up,feeling better all the time

Jul 2, 2018, 11:31 AM

go all hearts 9/10

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm glad you're kicking higher and...

Jul 2, 2018, 6:07 PM

I really appreciate your reference to Geechietiger. It keeps his memory alive. I game him a hard time on occasions but we all lost when he passed.

not bad, nothing too great

Jul 2, 2018, 12:08 PM

Went to Clemson marina for dinner Friday night on the boat, would have been nice had the dogs not been being a total PITA. Back out early Saturday, wife was on call so couldn’t drink, and I took full advantage. Spent half of Saturday on the boat, half of it floating in the water. Was glorious.

Friday put the boat up on the lift and washed/waxed it which took the better part of the afternoon. Needed to be done though.

Now I just have to make it today and tomorrow at the office and then I’m back to the boat. Although having to come to Greenville two days can wreck my mood for the entire week. Trying to stay positive., plz pray.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ####***

Jul 2, 2018, 1:45 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday was one of my off days...

Jul 2, 2018, 6:18 PM

hung out with friends...drank bourbon and ginger..(mostly bourbon)..
Watched and made fun of the people on LivePd..

Saturday and Sunday were lazy days..

Nothing exciting but such is my life..

#ohmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I'd have got off on Friday I wouldn't have waited...

Jul 2, 2018, 6:21 PM

this long to tell all about it in the jounge.

Replies: 47
| visibility 827
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic