Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good luck teabagger nutjobs with standing up to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

Good luck teabagger nutjobs with standing up to

Dec 19, 2012, 2:09 PM

the greatest military to ever exist on the planet with your assault rifles.

Or even good luck standing up to local cops, you might kill a couple of fathers and ruin families, but SWAT will take you out.

The simple-minded obsolete thought that you can stand up to the US government in force is delusional and irrational. We have a popular government.

That means we are not fighting some dictator who seized power. It means you are fighting against the ideals and principles of a MAJORITY of American citizens.

Further, thank God for the progressives in this country that keep pushing us forward with new ideas.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think they are planning to overthrow the gov't

Dec 19, 2012, 2:10 PM

don't get confused

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With some of the comments on here....

Dec 19, 2012, 2:11 PM

they had me fooled.

Its like they think that possibility is just around the corner.

Armed resistance against government tyranny is very nuanced.***

Dec 19, 2012, 2:12 PM [ in reply to I don't think they are planning to overthrow the gov't ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure just a flippant response to idiotic comments

Dec 19, 2012, 4:16 PM [ in reply to I don't think they are planning to overthrow the gov't ]

on here about why there is a right to bear arms.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The fact you would call anyone simple minded after that

Dec 19, 2012, 2:11 PM

little rant is pretty hilarious. Looks like we've got ourselves another wannabe intellectual on our hands.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever bum.

Dec 19, 2012, 2:12 PM

Go join Texas.

Go join Great Britain. I can play that game, too.***

Dec 19, 2012, 2:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, I'm just in the majority here in the good ole USA.***

Dec 19, 2012, 2:14 PM

You are? Who told you that?***

Dec 19, 2012, 2:15 PM

The election this past Nov.

Dec 19, 2012, 2:16 PM

But keep trying to make yourself feel better about not being in the majority.

So Obama voters have identical beliefs on every issue?

Dec 19, 2012, 2:18 PM

That really wouldn't surprise me considering the intelligence of many of them.

We don't agree on everything....

Dec 19, 2012, 2:20 PM

but the majority of stuff, yes. Unlike your split party...where have all your reasonable pubs gone? Ohh yea, they are scared off by the teabillies.

You're not on a football team dude...

Dec 19, 2012, 2:26 PM

So, what's everybody in the Democratic party's proposal for gun control? One that all of you agree on, please.

Re: You're not on a football team dude...

Dec 19, 2012, 2:30 PM

Confiscate all firearms. Who GAF about the Constitution? We need to protect people from themselves.

Yea

Dec 19, 2012, 2:36 PM

^^^This. It is just what any and all democrats want.

Geez.

Please, enlighten us Mr. Gung ho Democrat.***

Dec 19, 2012, 2:37 PM

I guess you haven't been informed of what to think yet.***

Dec 19, 2012, 2:54 PM

How about for starts a ban on semiautomatic weapons.

Dec 19, 2012, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Please, enlighten us Mr. Gung ho Democrat.*** ]

Who said anything about your huntin rifle there Pecos Bill.

So, all semi-auto pistols, rifles, and shotguns? Or just

Dec 19, 2012, 3:11 PM

rifles? Would you have a grandfather clause? Do you actually believe that would have any impact on crime? Or is that just to make you feel good?

Its a start....what are your ideas...leave it the same?

Dec 19, 2012, 3:12 PM

Riiiiight.

Are new laws going to make crazy people go away?***

Dec 19, 2012, 3:17 PM

Re: Its a start....what are your ideas...leave it the same?

Dec 20, 2012, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Its a start....what are your ideas...leave it the same? ]

you do realize this happened from 1994-2004 and had no major impact on crime rates right? if I'm not mistaken murder rates actually rose during that timeframe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: How about for starts a ban on semiautomatic weapons.

Dec 19, 2012, 3:13 PM [ in reply to How about for starts a ban on semiautomatic weapons. ]

Semi-automatic weapons?

LOL.

There are over 200 million (some think closer to 300 million) in existence in the US.

Plus, police often sell their older firearms to generate cash to replace them.

And let's not forget the thousands and thousands of people you'll put out of work.

And then there's that whole Constitution problem.

In your opinion, bolt action rifles, revolvers, and muzzle loaders are the only "safe" guns?

I don't think any gun is fully "safe".....

Dec 19, 2012, 3:15 PM

look I'll give you your gun to go help with the deer population and the one you need to keep loaded in the closet to fend of the gov. and intruders...but the one you want to take over the neighborhood with needs to go.

Which ones would those be? I don't think you have any

Dec 19, 2012, 3:18 PM

idea about guns.

Why don't you enlighten me then there Colonel.***

Dec 19, 2012, 3:21 PM

Apparently you're the expert on who needs what.***

Dec 19, 2012, 3:25 PM

I don't think you need an military issued weapons.

Dec 19, 2012, 3:38 PM

Again, let us hear your grand ideas?

Still waiting.

Re: I don't think you need an military issued weapons.

Dec 19, 2012, 3:55 PM

What military issued weapons are you talking about?

Please, be specific.

Pretty sure I was...any of them.

Dec 19, 2012, 4:13 PM

You don't need em....specifically the ones that allow you to shoot 30 of your deer in a few seconds.

Re: I don't think any gun is fully "safe".....

Dec 19, 2012, 3:23 PM [ in reply to I don't think any gun is fully "safe"..... ]

I have:

Ruger Mark I - It's a 22 plinker and fun
Remington 870 12 ga - Home Defense
Kimber Compact - Carry gun
S&W AR-15 - Hunting rifle

So which don't I "need?"

100% correct. It's the *idea* that they entertain notions..

Dec 19, 2012, 2:21 PM [ in reply to The fact you would call anyone simple minded after that ]

..of being intellectual that kills me. It's like my daily thoughts about being an F/A-18 pilot. I guess as long as I don't really believe it, I'm okay...:). On the other hand, if I starting posting about it, someone needs to start worrying about it..!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got cousins that are like this...

Dec 19, 2012, 2:31 PM

Believe they are so highly enlightened, yet tend to completely ignore the realities of pretty much everything from their own finances to politics. Never give anybody #### at Christmas either.

Thank you for returning the emotionally charged

Dec 19, 2019, 5:01 PM

discussion to reason and sanity.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

You're welcome.

Guess there can't be any emotional rants from "the other side" huh?

But DON'T TAKE MY GUNS!

lulz***

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

Re: You're welcome.

Dec 19, 2012, 2:18 PM [ in reply to You're welcome. ]

LOL.

I only like the Constitution and the rulings of the SCOTUS when it supports my point of view. If it does not, the view must be extreme and nutty.

Re: who got teabagged now?

Dec 19, 2012, 2:16 PM

WTH

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good % of military

Dec 19, 2012, 2:17 PM

would change sides....there are teabag nutjobs in uniform, too

you intellectual, you!

Just is never gonna happen.

Dec 19, 2012, 2:19 PM

As much as you idiots want it too.

It's certainly never happened in any other country before***

Dec 19, 2012, 2:20 PM

Not ever in any country where people have it so good.***

Dec 19, 2012, 4:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good%? No***

Dec 19, 2012, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Good % of military ]

what is the last war our military "won?"

Dec 19, 2012, 2:34 PM

Britain had the "greatest military the world had ever seen"

Russia had the "greatest military the world had ever seen"

The Roman Empire had the "greatest military the world had ever seen"

Re: what is the last war our military "won?"

Dec 19, 2012, 2:37 PM

Our Military has their hands tied by about of politicians in DC. Next time you fly try and sit next to a soldier returning from the sandbox. Ask them about the policy manual they have.

Iraq and Afghanistan

Dec 19, 2012, 2:45 PM [ in reply to what is the last war our military "won?" ]

and, I guess if you're just counting the ones where we had a formal declaration of war, WW2. Of course, we also won the First Iraq War and a number of other skirmishes during the 80's and 90's were successes.

Also, when did Russia have the greatest military the world had ever seen? If you're talking about the Cold War, then that's certainly disputable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL***

Dec 19, 2012, 3:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you really think the military will follow the liberal

Dec 19, 2012, 2:54 PM

whack jobs? Nope, most I know will be on the good guys side.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They tell you that at your Klan meetings on Fri. nights

Dec 19, 2012, 3:06 PM

don't they?

Very few wouldn't follow prez in either party.***

Dec 19, 2012, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Do you really think the military will follow the liberal ]

The majority is usually a worse tyrant than kings and

Dec 19, 2012, 2:55 PM

dictators, fwiw.

I'd be interested to know who...

Dec 19, 2012, 3:27 PM

your crazy influences are. Rand? Rothbard? Ricardo?

Sometimes it sounds like you're quoting out of their stuff.

I would have answered that if it wasn't a backhanded

Dec 19, 2012, 3:42 PM

insult. I'm not quoting anyone, although I have read a lot of material, so I wouldn't be surprised if you recognize the concepts here and there.

I'm genuinely curious

Dec 19, 2012, 3:50 PM

have you checked out some of the Cato University online stuff? I find it hard to be serious about anarcho-libertarianism because I find their views to often be extreme, but I used to pal around with some of the Cato guys. Even did a little lunch-time fellowship with them where they would bring in their policy experts and to talk about libertarian ideas and philosophy. Now I generally lump them in with all the other liberals.

I'm more of a Mises guy than Cato.

Dec 19, 2012, 4:02 PM

"extreme" is just an adjective people use when they disagree with something.

I'm not afraid of being "too extreme." That usually means I'm right, and people don't want to admit it.

Re: Good luck teabagger nutjobs with standing up to

Dec 20, 2012, 8:00 AM

And how is one supposed to "protect their family" if they claim all their guns are locked away safely, not loaded and out of reach of children. Having an assault rifle that people claim is locked away and not loaded doesn't help when someone burst through their door with an assault rifle and ready to fire. Common sense says why does anyone need a gun with that type of firepower. Those that have them but only for protection ususally state they they are locked up away from children and those that use them for harm shouldn't have access to them. So why does anyone need a gun other than for recreational hunting. And no one needs to spray down a heard of deer with a 30 round mag.

I have had at least one police officer tell me that neither

Dec 20, 2012, 10:40 AM

he nor any officer he knew would go to a law abiding citiznes house to confiscate their guns. If Obama thinks he can get away with this he is sorely mistaken. Let me ask you this. Do you know any law abiding citizens that are drug dealers? I don't. But, there are plenty of criminals that make a good living at it. If assault weapons are banned, that will be one more illegal market the criminals can profit from.

I have had at least one police officer tell me that neither

Dec 20, 2012, 10:42 AM

he nor any officer he knew would go to a law abiding citiznes house to confiscate their guns. If Obama thinks he can get away with this he is sorely mistaken. Let me ask you this. Do you know any law abiding citizens that are drug dealers? I don't. But, there are plenty of criminals that make a good living at it. If assault weapons are banned, that will be one more illegal market the criminals can profit from.

GoTigers37 is an Idiot

Dec 20, 2012, 11:04 AM

First of all I don't think very many people anywhere believe this country will have a second Civil War. It just isn't happening. But if it did, here's how it would go down. States would again leave the Union to protect their rights and freedoms. The greatest military on earth you are relying on would fragment also. Just like it did in the first Civil War. No way a native of SC, Texas, Tenn, or any other withdrawing state takes up arms against his home. They'll line up with their home state nearly at a 100% rate. In today's world no way airstrikes, bombings, or any other massive attack would be launched on Americans even if they were rebelling. Long story short is this country would simply divide to avoid massive loss of life and to avert destroying cities. But again, none of this is happening. Just bringing some reality to your ignorant thoughts that local cops and the military would turn against their friends and neighbors. You're not too bright are you?

Dude...you must be the idiot.

Dec 20, 2012, 11:57 AM

You proved my point fully!!! So there is no need for those type of weapons cause it ain't happening.

Back to your hole teabillie.

Re: Good luck teabagger nutjobs with standing up to

Dec 20, 2012, 11:23 AM

By "progressives" I assume that you mean the liberals who are greatly responsible by creating a culture that anything goes in our society. We have raised a generation who has been taught that we are not responsible for our actions/decisions. Also, the tone of violence is allowed in all types of entertainment and media. We have become a bit immune to it. Thanks progressives for having these wonderful ideas and moving us forward.

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic