Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good Read about Levi Stadium and CFP Championship venue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Good Read about Levi Stadium and CFP Championship venue

Dec 31, 2018, 1:43 PM

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timnewcomb/2018/12/03/the-details-of-prepping-levis-stadium-for-college-football-playoffs-championship/#1b7b10f5bed1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Read about Levi Stadium and CFP Championship venue

Dec 31, 2018, 1:46 PM

As an aviation nut, I'm curious if anyone knows anything about a flyover? I'm sure they'll have one - just curious what it would be. Would LOVE to see a B2, and based on other big games on the west coast, I could see it happening.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An exert from the Forbes Article . . .

Dec 31, 2018, 2:16 PM

"The field itself requires careful consideration. From the Pac-12 Championship game on Nov. 30 to three home 49ers games in December to the Redbox Bowl on Dec. 31, the playing surface will garner heavy use. That’s one reason you can expect new turf for the CFP Championship, as is done every year.

The new turf, a hybrid Bermuda and perennial ryegrass, has grown for almost a year at California’s West Coast Turf. Growing on plastic, it can get harvested easily and without root disturbance for a two-and-a-half-day installation. The process of fitting the new turf inside Levi’s Stadium will start immediately following the Dec. 31 Redbox Bowl.

Along the way, the four semi-final teams will all get a chance to check out the stadium in mid-December, making a site visit to go over the logistics, if their team makes the championship game. They’ll learn the ins and outs of movement inside the stadium, see the lockerroom space and even pick out colors for the painting of the field."

The field will have virgin sod for the Championship Game. It is being grown on plastic, meaning . . . all roots will be intact. The turf will be pristine, yet I wonder how short they will manicure it . . . will it be a "fast" surface? . . . or a thicker, slower one? Either way, it'll be the same for both of us . . . I imagine both teams would prefer a fast surface.

Also thought it neat that all four playoff contenders have visited already to learn the "flow" of the stadium AND to have imput on their team color selections. If the field is painted in the wrong Orange and Purple shades, then it's partially our fault!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic