Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Going pro early
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,284

Going pro early

Aug 21, 2016, 11:15 AM

Right now we have 8 seniors on scholarship. Figure DW, Artavis and Mike W. all go pro early. Are there any more? Gallman, maybe? I could see that. I don't see anyone else on the chart who I think would try. Figure that happens it leaves us with 12 open spots for next year and we have 13 commits (though I think Baylon Specter is a grey shirt.) How many more commits can we take? Figure 2-3 guys drop off the team?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gallman almost 100% to go early. I am pretty

Aug 21, 2016, 11:23 AM

Sure it was a consideration last year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My kid brother ( the Coot)

Aug 21, 2016, 11:27 AM

Used to do what was called " Go Ugly Early " or GUE for short . That was his system for securing a lady's company for the evening at the local watering hole . Not sure if that's a pro move , but it did seem to get his objective accomplished most times.

Again , my brother is a sexist , misogynistic Coot sympathizer...but I love him just the same .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

guess it protects you from disappointment,

Aug 21, 2016, 11:29 AM

He's prolly used to that as a coot.

in fact I think that's muschumps recruiting strayegy***

Aug 21, 2016, 11:30 AM [ in reply to My kid brother ( the Coot) ]

I'm sure there will be another 1-2 guys that either

Aug 21, 2016, 11:33 AM

have big seasons or are just kind of head scratchers. Guys like Crowder, Pagano, O'Daniel, Wiggins, Edmond, Yeargin, and Joseph are all draft eligible after this year and are all either starters or guys that should get a lot of snaps. The redshirt SO are less likely to leave, but it does happen occasionally.

And then we will have the typical attrition through transfers and such. Usually lose a couple guys a year due to that kind of thing.

8 SRs + the 4 JRs that are basically locks to leave early + 1-2 surprises + a couple transfers/boots and you have around 15-16 spots.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Going pro early

Aug 21, 2016, 11:54 AM

Spector I do not think he is a grey shirt. Three star but no grey shirt.

Re: Going pro early

Aug 21, 2016, 12:58 PM

After close scrutiny of the Roster Scolly Chart on T-Net, I would offer the following observations:
1) We are right on the 85 number for 2016, including Adrien Dunn's 1-year deal awarded to a walk-on.
2) Cade Stewart can't be a grey shirt. He is already enrolled in school. He is included in the 85.
3) If only the 4 almost certain early departures actually leave, then we lose 12 guys (8 seniors).
4) We already have 13 commits, which brings the 2017 number to 86. By not renewing Dunn's deal, that puts us back at 65. Baylon Spector is not a grey shirt ... so no help there.
5) We seem to have a glut at CB (10 guys for 2017), several of which are not likely to contribute very many meaningful snaps. If we get the expected attrition from transfers and/or early graduations, I would hope it comes from the CB ranks.
6) A.J.Terrell is not yet listed on the chart, but he is included in the above analysis.
7) Cervenka, Bell, Robinson & Spector (I think he is slated to play OLB) are listed at the wrong positions, but that does not affect the total numbers.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,284
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic