Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Give Brownell a break...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Give Brownell a break...

Jun 1, 2015, 10:53 AM

The comments at the IPTAY meeting I went to were far from defeatist. I love all the negative posts from people who heard this or that second hand.

I am far from a pumper but the man said nothing like, "we can't do it at Clemson". He simply said that KJ not coming back set us back because we don't recruit the caliber of recruit that Clemson football does with GREAT DEPTH to just plug another guy in there.

He mentioned that we have a couple of guys coming in next year who can score and said the future is looking good.

The news today is good. The guy is going to get us there. Be patient.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be patient...Like hopefully we get one more NCAA Tourney

Jun 1, 2015, 11:15 AM

appearance in the next 6-7 years? That's unacceptable, even for Clemson basketball. He's getting raises and ridiculous buyouts that have tied him to us for the foreseeable future, time for him to put up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Be patient...Like hopefully we get one more NCAA Tourney

Jun 1, 2015, 11:18 AM

Worry about your player abuser Martin chicken boy

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

marlborocountycoot = tigerfanjack = alltimeClemson

Jun 1, 2015, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Be patient...Like hopefully we get one more NCAA Tourney ]

Please ignore this chicken fan who's been on

Jun 1, 2015, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Be patient...Like hopefully we get one more NCAA Tourney ]

Tigernet for many years under many different handles (much like blue_caddy) spreading half-truths and discontent....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the word i heard him use in the video i watched was "yet".

Jun 1, 2015, 11:22 AM

i don't know that coach brownell deserved the extension he was given, but that's water under the bridge and hopefully we're all beyond that now. watching the charleston prowl & growl, i really liked how the man addressed the questions; very positive outlook on the future, the league & clemson's ability to compete.

if there are other recent direct quotes with context out there that suggest some of the negative comments i've seen, i'd welcome them also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the word i heard him use in the video i watched was "yet".

Jun 1, 2015, 11:24 AM

Are we doing serious posts now.

This looks like a serious post.

null

i do what i want, when i want...

Jun 1, 2015, 11:26 AM

sirius

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i do what i want, when i want...

Jun 1, 2015, 11:28 AM

null

You sounds like JL. Are you JL?***

Jun 1, 2015, 12:27 PM [ in reply to i do what i want, when i want... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: You sounds like JL. Are you JL?***

Jun 1, 2015, 12:30 PM

https://youtu.be/pukq_XJmM-k

i werk for no man...

Jun 1, 2015, 12:34 PM

God I love that movie.

null

Jun 1, 2015, 12:46 PM

mmhm, you shall see things, wonderful to tell...

As long as something doesn't blindside us.....

Jun 1, 2015, 12:20 PM [ in reply to the word i heard him use in the video i watched was "yet". ]

like a bad injury, or Blossomgame leaving after next season, I see us in the tournament at worst the year after next. The new year in LJ will be a great year and people will like CBB again. I was a harsh critic of his, but I see something coming together if everything stays in place for a couple years.

Are you in Carlsbad, CA?

Jun 2, 2015, 7:51 AM

Beautiful country. I miss it out there...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Give Brownell a break...

Jun 1, 2015, 12:13 PM

Hopefully in 5 months people are more concerned with making a trip to Greenville to actually watch a game, instead of just sitting here and hoping things don't go well so they can jump on TNet.

I hope you are right. I like Brownell a lot, and my gut

Jun 1, 2015, 1:28 PM

tells me that he can get it done, but every year we continue to come up short, my confidence fades just a bit. Then I hear him talk, and I'm fired up again. Ultimately, even with the challenges a Clemson basketball coach faces, he's gotta win; it's just a question of how much time does Brownell get. I'm not in favor of hanging on until every last excuse/reason has been worn slap out just because we like him or because "we think" he's a great coach.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

My gut agrees with your gut.

Jun 2, 2015, 7:58 AM

I mean, how many years did we give Shyatt? And we knew off the bat that he wasn't going to be any good.

Barnes did the impossible then left and Purnell put a band-aid on us and ripped it off on the way out.

I sincerely believe in what he was saying at the P&G. None of it sounded like excuse making to me but I am like you-not wanting to wait ten years without making a tourney appearance or two.

Do you remember the shooter that he was talking about that red-shirted last year? He was really high on him.

Jun 2, 2015, 8:13 AM

"...we don't recruit the caliber of recruit that Clemson football does with GREAT DEPTH to just plug another guy in there."

Did you read what you just wrote??? If not, please read that again and again until you see the problem.

Can I please be the coach at CLEMSON and get paid tons of money to make statements like that? I can recruit as poorly as anyone and have losing seasons. Please hire me to do this job.

I hate to be a jerk about it, but I would never be able to sit thru a meeting listening to this. Do they serve lots of alcohol at these meetings?

Jun 2, 2015, 8:18 AM

He is being honest....

Do you want someone to get up there and blow smoke up your ###?

Comparing recruiting in Football with recruiting in Basekball for Clemson is just idiotic.

Please list the things that Clemson Basketball has going for it on a recruiting front...

Facilities....

Tradition....

Support....

Now compare those things with Football. We are spending more on a #### Football facility that we dont truly need than we are on renovating LittleJohn...

Edit:

The formula for winning @ Clemson in Basketball has always been the same.... Bring in kids and develop them into players by the time they are Juniors and Seniors. All of our great teams have been led by Upperclassmen. Clemson is not the type of place that brings in the one and done types like Kentucky Duke and UNC. We never will be as long as we show the current commitment to Basketball we have shown. Cutting the scope of LJ so we can get a new shiny Football toy is a fine example of that lack of commitment.

null

Jun 2, 2015, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Give Brownell a break... ]

What do you expect him to say? "We're competing with Duke and UNC for recruits on a yearly basis." Seriously? Then you'd be the same guy whining about how our coach is clueless.

He said it was a challenge. But recruiting has improved every year, so obviously he has a clue as to how to improve it.

Jun 2, 2015, 9:35 AM

Then put up or shut up. We are giving him a new arena . It's time we start seeing a return on that investment. I mean no more watch paint dry offense. I mean a season that gets us a least in the NIT with the NCAA two years from now.

He needs to retire along with Jack

Jun 2, 2015, 9:46 AM

No CU coach gets a bigger pass than BB

Jun 2, 2015, 9:53 AM

Seriously.

And I dont get why that is

Jun 2, 2015, 10:10 AM

Re: No CU coach gets a bigger pass than BB

Jun 2, 2015, 10:17 AM [ in reply to No CU coach gets a bigger pass than BB ]

I wish I knew why too .

Re: No CU coach gets a bigger pass than BB

Jun 2, 2015, 10:20 AM [ in reply to No CU coach gets a bigger pass than BB ]

How is he getting a pass?

He was signed to a stupid contract so he was going no where this year due to his buy out.

Blame that on DRad if you are going to #####.

Recruiting however has improved and he will not be fired this year due to playing every game on the road already being a tough task.

He however will be on a very very hot seat the first year in LJ. It will and should be NCAAT or fired.

null

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic