Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gimme shelter got me thru the workday yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1

Gimme shelter got me thru the workday yesterday

Jan 9, 2019, 6:37 AM

I couldn’t sleep after the game Monday night. Rolled into work still on an adrenaline high from the game and everything was glorious. The sun was out and I got to talk to all my workmates about the game the night before. We all had to eventually get some work done so I sent one to work on the baseball field, one to begin cutting the football practice field and the other one to begin cutting the soccer practice field. I had to catch up on emails and to try to stay off Tigernet. After about two hours of catching up on emails that I haven’t checked in two weeks.

My job as a grounds manager for a private school gives us two weeks paid vacation over the Christmas break so we don’t have to use our regular vacation time to be off during this time of year.(man I love my job) so i haven’t checked any emails since before Christmas. I kept myself busy and cruised to lunchtime.

I began putting out fertilizer on our football field after lunch and life was good. The sun was shining on my back, there was a crispness in the air and I was riding back and forth on a football field and doing what I love to do. Then it began to creep in on me. The air was cool, but the sunshine was warm. The drone of the engine on the machine I was using was hypnotic......... man I’m getting sleepy.

That’s when I realized I needed a shot of that adrenaline rush from the night before to get me through the work day. A quick peruse of my playlist on my phone and there it was “Gimme Shelter” by The Rolling Stones. I put it on a loop and that sleepiness Just fell away. I have always loved that song, but it’s use for the intro to the National Championship Game has given it new meaning to me now. When I hear that song I just have to smile.

Man it’s great to be a Clemson Tiger

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic