Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gamecocks recruiting is a dumpster fire this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 86
| visibility 1

Gamecocks recruiting is a dumpster fire this year

Dec 31, 2013, 10:55 AM

They got beat out by Kentucky for the #1 qb on their board and lost Mr. SC Football QB Jacob Park to UGA. (Two years in a row Mr. SC Football went to UGA.)

I wonder what is wrong?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Their parents see the type of role model slurrier is

Dec 31, 2013, 10:57 AM

and the recruits realize uscjr hasn't done anything other than beat their rival a couple years

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

How Long?

Dec 31, 2013, 11:15 AM

Back to back top 10 finishes isn't shabby. How many years since Clemson did that? Daniel Rodriguez was probably the only player on your team that had been born and Dabo was in High School.

Congrats on winning your conference championships during

Dec 31, 2013, 11:20 AM

those back to back top ten finishes. Oh wait.

Congrats on making the SECCG during those back to back top ten finishes. Oh wait.

Congrats on making it to a BCS game during those back to back top ten finishes. Oh wait.

Well...congrats on beating an ACC team and getting 5th place rings!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

you know what never gets old? it's those special

Dec 31, 2013, 11:29 AM

moments such as this, where dirtpeckers come to tigernet to share in of just how pathetic their football accomplishments have been in the greatest, most lauded period in the history of their program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you know what never gets old? it's those special

Dec 31, 2013, 11:59 AM

I totally agree! The Gamecocks have an incredible history of football ineptitude. Clemson used to have an impressive array of bowl victories, ACC championships, and signature wins against pretty much all comers. Even though the Gamecocks and Tigers can talk about historic 10, 11, or 12 win seasons now, we have to remember that we have recently added more games to the schedules, with conference championships, etc. And by the way, very few Clemson fans can honestly bring themselves to admit that the Gamecocks are the superior football program at this time, and have been for half a decade.

they've won some games which should make them

Dec 31, 2013, 12:08 PM

proud, but to be here thumping their chest with no real accomplishments to show is somewhere very close to pathetic.

gratz to them for 56-17, gratz to them for losing to auburn at home and gratz to them for crapping their bed against ut this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congrats on winning your conference championships during

Dec 31, 2013, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Congrats on winning your conference championships during ]

Congrats on your Smurf Bowl Rings.

^^Butthurt is strong with this one^^***

Dec 31, 2013, 11:51 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Admit it. This was your best shot at an SEC championship

Dec 31, 2013, 11:24 AM [ in reply to How Long? ]

and you blew it.

I just don't see you guys getting close to it again for a long time.

"blew it" seems harsh, I mean not many teams go into

Dec 31, 2013, 11:26 AM

Knoxville and come out with a win these days. The Vols were a team that gave everyone in the SEC fits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

They won 2 SEC games this year?***

Dec 31, 2013, 11:27 AM

are you questioning the volunteer football program prowess?***

Dec 31, 2013, 11:30 AM

Yep, amazing isn't it? I mean...to win 2 games against

Dec 31, 2013, 11:31 AM [ in reply to They won 2 SEC games this year?*** ]

the best teams in the ultraverse is impressive. Plus they scored 10 points against Bama and 23 (I think) against Auburn. So I would count that as 2 more wins.

And their unique checker endzones should account for

Dec 31, 2013, 11:32 AM

at least another win.

So that means they were really like a 9 or 10 win team right?

That's right. I considered counting the

Dec 31, 2013, 11:34 AM

FG they made against Mizzou a win, but I was worried I might start sounding biased.

So really they should be the

Dec 31, 2013, 11:35 AM

SEC championship right? So the gamecocks losing to them isn't really a big deal

The SEC won the SEC Championship

Dec 31, 2013, 11:38 AM

Last time I checked, both USuCk and UT are in the SEC. They are all champions, and incredibly fast.

We can only hope and dream to be as kewl

Dec 31, 2013, 11:46 AM

as them one day

mayhaps some of us should set our sites a little lower?

we all know what happened to icarus when he flew too close to the sun.

i don't won't to be around when they're picking up the pieces of all the broken dreams.

smh

Icarus's problem was that he

Dec 31, 2013, 11:52 AM

used wax. I intend to use cement so I won't fall.

I appreciate the concern tho, tis very touching

Message was edited by: CUtiger2012®

i would imagine that if daedalus had rubber cement handy

Dec 31, 2013, 12:17 PM

or even a lowes near by, he would have used a more forgiving alternative than the wax which was readily available.

also, if icarus had pay closer attention during his swimming lessons, the tragedy might have been avoided as well and a fable would have been lost to the backstroke.

don't forget their bowl win last nite over a game gt squad.***

Dec 31, 2013, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Yep, amazing isn't it? I mean...to win 2 games against ]

Great point***

Dec 31, 2013, 11:36 AM

Only in the SEC do you count a loss a win!***

Dec 31, 2013, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Yep, amazing isn't it? I mean...to win 2 games against ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Tennessee and Florida won't stay AWFUL forever.***

Dec 31, 2013, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Admit it. This was your best shot at an SEC championship ]

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awful? They're not awful, you need to cut them a little

slack. Week in, week out they have to line up against teams like Kentucky and Vandy. You can't expect to win more than a handful of games against competition like that. This is the SEC we're talking about.

Notice none of you bothered to answer,

Dec 31, 2013, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Admit it. This was your best shot at an SEC championship ]

How long since your last back to back top 10 finishes?

our trophy case is full, could you link a helpful photo

Dec 31, 2013, 12:00 PM

of the trophy they award for it?

in return i won't ask you to scan the polaroid of your only conference championship from 44 years ago.

That's because it's irrelevant

Dec 31, 2013, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Notice none of you bothered to answer, ]

If a top ten finish doesn't produce any type of hardware, what's the point?

I don't deny that your program has had some really good seasons recently. I don't deny that you've beaten us five years in a row, and that for a majority of those 5 games we weren't even competitive.

But what do you have to show for it?

Those 5th place $EC rings were pretty nifty***

Dec 31, 2013, 12:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

OK - so history only starts when you want it to start...

Dec 31, 2013, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Notice none of you bothered to answer, ]

you seem to forget the fanny kicking during all of those years when we played in your your house every year. We were winning ACC Championships when you were still a laughing stock. Five years is only a blip on the historical radar!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The recruits don't seem too impressed....

Dec 31, 2013, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Notice none of you bothered to answer, ]

by your back-to-back top ten finishes.

Perhaps, just maybe, that's because the recruits prefer actual championships and/or BCS Bowl appearances.

Just sayin'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Gamecocks recruiting is a dumpster fire this year

Dec 31, 2013, 10:59 AM

when it starts translating to wins for us I'll believe it. till then it is just another recruiting rating argument

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know patience is short.

Dec 31, 2013, 11:00 AM

But give it one more year.

I promise...

Re: I know patience is short.

Dec 31, 2013, 11:02 AM

to be blunt we passed patience with me about two years ago.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Completely understand.***

Dec 31, 2013, 11:06 AM

Is that Rodney Blunt or Roderick Blunt?

Dec 31, 2013, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: I know patience is short. ]

It's important

Re: Is that Rodney Blunt or Roderick Blunt?

Dec 31, 2013, 11:13 AM

GWP, you so crazy!
I don't follow recruiting at all, but we have an average star rating per recruit that is top 10 and we will sign the max number we are allowed to sign.
Clearly a dumpster fire and our demise is at hand. We may never recover.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

The QB you got committed was passed over by most

Dec 31, 2013, 11:21 AM

Big 10 teams. With your luck he'll probably turn into another Conner Shaw.

Re: The QB you got committed was passed over by most

Deal. I will take another Connor Shaw in a heartbeat.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

I'll take my chances Watson.***

Re: I'll take my chances Watson.***

Dec 31, 2013, 11:38 AM

You would have taken them with Boyd, too; I assume?

Yes, and I still would

Dec 31, 2013, 11:39 AM

I'll take my chances with anyone who picks Clemson.

Considering Watson is higher rated than Boyd. Yes.***

Dec 31, 2013, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: I'll take my chances Watson.*** ]

Re: Considering Watson is higher rated than Boyd. Yes.***

Dec 31, 2013, 11:47 AM

Totally serious here, it is amazing how much Clemson fans, especially Tiger put so much emphasis on star ratings! Those services are marginally accurate at best. They are not the end all, be all, of building a roster.
Watson will do very well to have a career as outstanding as Boyd, and the vast likelihood is that he won't.

###? Watson is 10x the runner Boyd is and his arm

is just as accurate and strong. Plus, Watson oozes moxy that Boyd does not have.

I always thought Boyd looked clumsy running the football and he does not have the break away quickness to elude defenders. He's not bad with called runs up the gut but when he is pressured Boyd is terrible.

Not sure why you're downplaying the #1 Dual Threat QB according to every recruiting site.

Re: ###? Watson is 10x the runner Boyd is and his arm

Dec 31, 2013, 11:57 AM

YOU DONT KNOW THAT YET. that is exactly what I'm talking about when you declare that a kid that has never played a snap is going to easily surpass the (statistically at least) best passer in ACC history!
That is moronic, and if we tried to do that with one of our recruits you would lose your mind.
Connor Mitch is rated much higher than Connor Shaw but we haven't announced him as anything yet.
Tajh could be argued to be a once in a generational player and the fact is you accomplished as little with him nationally as we did with a 3 star former wide receiver from GA.

Once in a generation? He couldn't beat the chickens.

Dec 31, 2013, 12:00 PM

He's had great moments, but he will be replaced by someone better. Whether that is Kelly or Watson. Both fit our system better.

Now Clowney, that guy is once in a generation. He's the freak.

For us, Sammy Watkins is the once in a generation type player. Not Boyd. LOL. Not even close.

Re: Once in a generation? He couldn't beat the chickens.

Dec 31, 2013, 12:22 PM

We'll, I'm a Coot, so maybe I'm biased, but I disagree. I won't down Sammy on here because that would be rude and I'm a Coot, but not a rude Coot!
I think history will show that Tajh was a pretty special player.
And you call Clowney a freak, but everyone on this board will say he was a tremendous bust and VB is better.
That is why you don't hang such expectations on unproven players. Now you have expanded the list of players that WILL be better than Tajh to 3 people that have not played any significant minutes and you said whoever replaces him will be better? Seriously?
That is just silly, even using Coot logic.

But you're arguing with

Dec 31, 2013, 12:25 PM

Scarnecchia over Watson. YOUR garnett tinted glasses would say Scar over Watson.

Re: But you're arguing with

Dec 31, 2013, 12:32 PM

No. The whole point is that I'm not arguing that at all. I didn't even know who that guy was and I had to go look him up on our recruit list. I have no idea if he will ever play a snap at QB for us. Or if he will be any good if he does.
And I dayyyyyyyum sure ain't ready to anoint him as clearly better than Shaw.
Truth be told, you don't know that (whoever) replaces Tajh will be any good, either.

I don't but you're acting like Tajh Boyd is the greatest QB

Dec 31, 2013, 12:37 PM

in the history of the ACC is laugable. A league with Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers, Russel Wilson. Heck I would take Charlie Whitehurst over Boyd. Boyd's stats are gaudy because he had elite WRs around him and an OC who refuses to run the ball.

Boyd is good but is EASILY replaceable. By the naked eye I can see that Kelly and Watson will be better than Boyd as long as they stay healthy. The fact they can both run will make them FAR more dangerous than Boyd in Chad Morris's system.

Re: I don't but you're acting like Tajh Boyd is the greatest QB

Dec 31, 2013, 12:53 PM

A month ago most Clemson fans were calling it a travesty if he didn't make it to Atlanta and touting something like 60 offensive records set at Clemson! He is the career passing leader in ACC history, which includes all the names you mentioned.
Now he is EASILY replaced?
Do any other Tigers on this board agree with that?

I can tell you right now there are A LOT of Clemson people

Dec 31, 2013, 1:05 PM

happy to see Tajh go.

Yep. The system, along with some very above average WRs

Dec 31, 2013, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't but you're acting like Tajh Boyd is the greatest QB ]

produced the numbers. Will those passing numbers be surpassed? Maybe. Maybe not. However, a QB that fits better, will be better. The system.

I would rather y'all never have another Connor Shaw. TIA***

Dec 31, 2013, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: The QB you got committed was passed over by most ]

Re: Is that Rodney Blunt or Roderick Blunt? The thrown out

Dec 31, 2013, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Is that Rodney Blunt or Roderick Blunt? ]

one. I cant keep their names straight

Dec 31, 2013, 11:08 AM [ in reply to I know patience is short. ]

Heard that last year. By the way, we didn't offer Park.

Why didn't USuCk offer Park?***

Dec 31, 2013, 11:10 AM

Re: Why didn't USuCk offer Park?***

Dec 31, 2013, 11:12 AM

we did not either!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not?***

Dec 31, 2013, 11:13 AM

That's not what I asked

Dec 31, 2013, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Why didn't USuCk offer Park?*** ]

And with Watson coming in, why would we offer Park?

We have this kid name Watson already on board.

Dec 31, 2013, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Why didn't USuCk offer Park?*** ]

No way we offer anyone else.

It would be difficult to get a kid

Dec 31, 2013, 11:20 AM

like that to come and try to compete in a 3 way battle. I think it's gonna be difficult to keep the 2 youngsters that we have. I think Swag may transfer, if he doesn't win the job. I could be wrong.

Dec 31, 2013, 11:42 AM [ in reply to I know patience is short. ]

Or....they could possibly win their 3rd consecutive game in the Valley if something ain't fixed! There were a whole lot of promises made on this board in early November, but then, neither one of us is coaching or playing.

Dec 31, 2013, 11:48 AM [ in reply to I know patience is short. ]

There you go, wait til next year!!

Dec 31, 2013, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks recruiting is a dumpster fire this year ]

SC is recruiting well in the trenches again, seems to be the key to the past 4 -5 years in their success, they like DL and OL.

Dec 31, 2013, 11:12 AM

they did not lose Park.. they never offered, we did not either... their recruiting is about where it always is BUT they continue to recruit the most important players on any football team!! LINEMEN

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2013, 11:17 AM

Uh ohh! Litefoot be speaking da truf taday baby.
Weird science? Anyone?

Wait... we don't recruit linemen?***

Dec 31, 2013, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks recruiting is a dumpster fire this year ]

No

Dec 31, 2013, 11:34 AM

Lineman are overrated. We prefer to go with a more 7 on 7 flag football look

Gah! That feels like the truth.***

Re: No

Dec 31, 2013, 11:40 AM [ in reply to No ]

Opting to throw 10 screens per game rather than running the ball at times makes this seems more true than not.

Re: No

Dec 31, 2013, 11:43 AM

I agree with that, but it is still very much a draw and screen counterpunch off of a quick passing attack style offense.

Just ask people on tigernet...

Dec 31, 2013, 11:41 AM

South Carolina's recruiting HAS to be MUCH better than Clemson's because they've heard that South Carolina has brought in more players on the OL than we have.

Nevermind actually looking at who Clemson brought in beyond the last two years, or what the potential is for next year...

At any rate, not sure we should be talking trash about anything they're doing after they've beat us 5 times in a row. It reminds me of how South Carolina would tout their recruiting during the Holtz years while we beat their brains in on the football field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not bragging on our recruiting

Dec 31, 2013, 11:43 AM

Just noticing their recruiting and losing their top target to Kentucky. I understand our recruiting doesn't matter until we beat them.

I dont know but says there are 54 replies

Dec 31, 2013, 11:53 AM

And I can only see half of them

Man, do I wish I had paid my fees earlier. Ignore button is worth every stinking penny!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I should join you.***

Dec 31, 2013, 11:55 AM

Feel free to use the ignore button...

Dec 31, 2013, 12:03 PM

works faster than a chrysler 300 in downtown

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's still fun to make fun of coots. I love the fact

Dec 31, 2013, 12:04 PM

we can still do it so effortlessly even with their recent success.

Dec 31, 2013, 12:47 PM

keep hope alive as thats about all you have at this point.

But a really funny post. SC has a good class at this point with a legit shot at ending up a great class.

Once again we are smoking clem5on along both lines of scrimmage with their respective classes.

If they end up with:

Wideman-almost certain to flip to SC
Prince- basically down to SC and Md with SC trending and Md descending. Md just canned their OL coach yesterday.
DJ Smith- almost certain
Wesley Green-50-50 with uga.

That would probably constitute SC's best class ever- much to your chagrin.

Talk all you want about the class. But number 6 is on the way next november.

Wideman is not flipping

Dec 31, 2013, 12:49 PM

Prince not going to Usuck. Miami.

Re: Wideman is not flipping

Dec 31, 2013, 12:52 PM

Wideman is gonna flip. And Miami is not even in the race for Prince

Keep hope alive

Dec 31, 2013, 1:02 PM

but Prince is a Maryland lean as long as they hire an Oline coach he likes he'll pick them. UF has gained alot of ground as well with Prince. Scar is in top 5 but not a lock. My money is on Maryland. But Miami and Florida get the last visits so I can see him going to either one of these schools.

As far as Wideman:
"After spending a week in Spartanburg, S.C., at the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas, Saluda (S.C.) and Rivals250 defensive tackle Dexter Wideman heard plenty from South Carolina commits about why he should flip from Florida State. But the 6-foot-3, 270-pounder said nothing has changed regarding his status with the 'Noles." FSU is still the team to beat. I think FSU keeps him.

I don't need hope. Our class is great.***

Dec 31, 2013, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks recruiting is a dumpster fire this year ]

After trading Tiger Woods breakdown of Watson

Dec 31, 2013, 1:04 PM

Watson is wasting his time playing college football. He should just sign with an agent and sit out the next three years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Replies: 86
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic