Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
5 tough games this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,184

5 tough games this year

May 2, 2013, 9:53 AM

There are tons of posters here claiming 14-0 seasons and major beatdowns of our opponents. The fact is we have several major hurdles on our way to Pasedena. I think they are

UGA, FSU, Ga. Tech, USUCK, and ACCCG

UGa will be a fight from start to finish..no question.

FSU has a good D and a new quarterback, but they always come to play.

Ga.Tech has that stupid O that gives everybody they play problems, including us

USUCK is a good team at home...its time to bust their ###

ACCCG could be anyone from Va. Tech, to Ga. Tech, to SYR

To go through that and get to the promised land is so do-able this year. If our D can get stops on 3rd down 25% of the time this year we will roll though. In my opinion, the improvement of our D will tell the tale. Nothing is gonna stop our O !!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5 tough games this year

May 2, 2013, 9:57 AM

I'm pretty sure SYR will NOT be in the ACCCG - at least THIS YEAR.

Miami or NC are both more likely.***

May 2, 2013, 10:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2013, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: 5 tough games this year ]

I would count SYR as a tough game though. Long travel to a new location and playing in a completely different atmosphere inside the dome. GT doesn't worry me because it is at home.

null

GT? You're kidding, right? Sour Puss's talent pool has

May 2, 2013, 10:04 AM

been drying up ever since his last Chan Gaily recruit left. The bees will stink until they fire that joke.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: GT? You're kidding, right? Sour Puss's talent pool has

May 2, 2013, 10:10 AM

Its always a harder game to play them than we think. They may be losing the talent but they did a good job in their bowl game and have made a better move a QB for this year. I wish our permanent opponent was anyone but them. Their scheme leads to injuries for us, and requires a different mindset from our D. Instead of attack mode they have to play contain and assignment. It just is a screwy game which I hate and am always worried about. Aren't you?

Speaking of GT and injuries, I still remember Spiller's

May 2, 2013, 10:26 AM

head fake on the sidelines and the GT player broke his ankle trying to change direction. That will always be a highlight that I will forget.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GT? You're kidding, right? Sour Puss's talent pool has

May 2, 2013, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: GT? You're kidding, right? Sour Puss's talent pool has ]

Obviously, I'm not worried about them, no. We gave up huge plays to them in DV last year due to busted coverages. I think that was due to poor secondary play more than anything. Our secondary will be much improved.

The fact that they are our permanent cross-division rival plays to our advantage, too. We see them every year, so preparation is not from scratch. I think our superior talent will be greatly evident this time around. Ol' PJ may be in his last season at GT. The beat down we put on 'em just might hasten his departure. Nothing would make me happier.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I would normally agree with you on GT, however the

May 2, 2013, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: GT? You're kidding, right? Sour Puss's talent pool has ]

quirk in the schedule that brings GT back to Death Valley helps along with the week off before playing them. This will be the most prepared that they have ever been since PJ has been there. We should roll this year.

I'm still more concerned with Syracuse even though they lost their coach and QB. They have improved all around and will be at home.

Miami Could Sneak Up Fast.

May 2, 2013, 10:25 AM

They have a new attitude... a new confidence, since knowing they did everything to clean their program up and that the NCAA screwed up with the investigation of Miami. Perfect recipe for an "In Your Face" type of run this year.

They've been saying that for years! It's funny how Miami's

May 2, 2013, 10:33 AM

decline coincided with their joining the ACC. You'll never hear that from the national media, but the competition picked up when they left the BE.

May 2, 2013, 10:30 AM

If Syracuse makes the ACCCG, Clemson wouldn't be there. We're in the same division. As for GT being a tough game, there is a bye the week before to help prepare for the Thursday night game. The bees don't scare me this year. Actually, I'm not scared of any conference games this season as the only team close in talent is FSU and its in DV with a new QB. The OOC games with UGA and scar will truly define this season.

Agree on all points. +1.***

May 2, 2013, 10:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm almost the opposite. I agree we are more talented than

May 2, 2013, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: 5 tough games this year ]

most of our conference opponents, however talent alone doesn't decide the outcome of a game. I'm more concerned with the teams we should beat on the road. Syracuse, NC St or Maryland. Overlook them, and you lose. We'll be jacked up for the big ones.

They'll be ready to show SYR. who's Orange, Glennon is gone,

May 2, 2013, 11:19 AM

and happy to show Merryland the EXIT.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,184
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic