Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GITT If you believe climate change is a hoax
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1,444

GITT If you believe climate change is a hoax

Jun 1, 2017, 3:36 PM

You're a ####### moron.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GITT If you believe climate change is a hoax

Jun 1, 2017, 3:37 PM

Here and accounted for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2017, 3:37 PM

in fairness

Jun 1, 2017, 4:02 PM

old pawterski cant be on the list 2x.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

anyone who doesn't believe climate changes

Jun 1, 2017, 3:40 PM

is an idiot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: anyone who doesn't believe climate changes

Jun 1, 2017, 4:30 PM

great clarification there. nice work

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maga.jfif(90.5 K)

did "we" cause the ice ages to end and glaciers to retract?

if so, YAY US!

do I think the climate changes? Yes

Do i think that man is the sole source? no

Humans have always had a grandiose opinion of ourselves and our ability to control the world.

you obviously are

Jun 1, 2017, 3:43 PM

a fudgin idiot - some robert character

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

watch the video attached to this article

Jun 1, 2017, 3:48 PM

notice the focus of the whole "global warming" scare..... MONEY.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-01/trump-said-to-plan-withdrawal-from-landmark-paris-climate-accord

I'm good. I'd rather listen to people who actually study

Jun 1, 2017, 4:12 PM

it for a living.

it was a pro-climate change video....one of your kind

Jun 1, 2017, 4:15 PM

it just boiled it down to the real issue, which has nothing to do with Science.

Someone (economists) are deciding how much you and I need to pay

His problem with the deal is about emissions and

Jun 1, 2017, 4:24 PM

fuel economy standards. Goals that are easily attainable.

Fighting back against them is his method of satisfying mostly conservative males who have been wavering in their support lately. There's a reason he set this as a press conference.

Distract from Russia. Appease the base. Change the subject.

We've got until 2020 before anything really changes. I guess we should be asking what Pence thinks about it.

Re: His problem with the deal is about emissions and

Jun 1, 2017, 4:34 PM

"Fighting back against them is his method of satisfying mostly conservative males who have been wavering in their support lately."

robertn® can you show proof of this? I am not so sure you didnt pull this one out of your butt. The Conservative American male isnt wavering unless they live in NYC, SF or LA....more than likely. THe recent swing in Republicans taking over Governorships, State Legislators is HUGE. I just cannot believe this statement. Wavering means R's would be losing seats due to this HUGE base wavering.

Wavering based on lack of enthusiasm. Didn't say they

Jun 1, 2017, 4:38 PM

wouldn't be dumb enough to vote for the guy again.

And there's a correlation between being a white male conservative and denying climate science. If you claim to know a ton about the issue, and fall into that same category, you're even more likely to be in denial.

And a 39% approval rating this quickly into a presidency, probably means you're losing some of your base.

Re: Wavering based on lack of enthusiasm. Didn't say they

Jun 1, 2017, 4:42 PM

Polls mean nothing after this election. Thats for certain, so you can stop posting errant poll numbers. Not trying to be rude, just honest.

No one I know if wavering. Either they dislike him or they dont. Its pretty simple and cut and dry with Trump. I never had that harsh of a feeling of Obama. I liked some of his attributes, but mostly disliked him. Never wavered on where I stood.

I dunno, 2018 is shaping up to be another bloodbath for Dems, especially when they are trying to recruit the likes of Jerry Springer to run for Governor.

I just cant believe your statement without some solid evidence. We will agree to disagree.

So if polls aren't valid, and all the people you know

Jun 1, 2017, 4:49 PM

haven't changed, what are you looking for as evidence?

I read your article. It didn't say what you said it said.***

Jun 1, 2017, 4:26 PM [ in reply to it was a pro-climate change video....one of your kind ]

i said watch the video from Bloomberg / not article***

Jun 1, 2017, 4:30 PM

here is same video attached to older article

Jun 1, 2017, 4:39 PM [ in reply to I read your article. It didn't say what you said it said.*** ]

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-19/how-to-drive-the-world-0ff-a-cliff

This brief video colorfully illustrates three ways to respond to climate change. The mainstream approach is to tap the brakes, with a gradually rising, government-mandated carbon price, such as this research example. A more aggressive response, gaining favor among some economists as the years tick by without major cuts, is to slam on the brakes with a higher carbon price, informed by the scale of climate risk and uncertainty about how bad the impacts may become.

Sure. Let's have the debate about the best way to solve

Jun 1, 2017, 4:41 PM

it, while saying it doesn't exist and there's no way to stop it if it did.

Looks to me like he's just pointing out potential

Jun 1, 2017, 4:46 PM

financial motivators for pushing the agenda, which in turn is met with snark and dismissal. So who isn't wanting to have a debate?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do anything if it's not real?***

Why does skepticism automatically make one pro pollution?***

Jun 1, 2017, 4:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because most of the skeptics are pro pollution, they just

Jun 1, 2017, 5:01 PM

don't realize it.

This is a mindset pretty indicative of not wanting to have

Jun 1, 2017, 5:11 PM

any sort of debate. Guess it makes it easier to dismiss the criticism and skepticism.

The debate should be over how to fix it, not if it exists.

Jun 1, 2017, 5:16 PM

If we could make it through a thread on here without 70% of posters dismissing what is in essence an existential threat to humanity as fake news, then a productive conversation could be had.

In TP20's OP in this thread, he admits he doesn't believe it's real.

If I began the conversation with the assumption

Jun 1, 2017, 5:59 PM

That you were just anti economy and pro wasting money, how productive do you think the conversation would end up being?

If I began a conversation by saying that your

Jun 1, 2017, 6:09 PM

comparison would hold up.

Doesn't matter whether you say it or not

Jun 1, 2017, 6:17 PM

If that's what you believe to start off with there's no point in discussing the topic with someone who has a differing take.

I'm just saying it's not productive on here. And that I

Jun 1, 2017, 6:19 PM

don't care to discuss solutions to problems with people who don't think the problem exists.

This is a hella long thread for not caring to discuss it***

Jun 1, 2017, 7:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so all climate change fans are Communists,

Jun 1, 2017, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Because most of the skeptics are pro pollution, they just ]

they just wont admit it

redistribution of wealth and all

i think the President's words speak to the video

Jun 1, 2017, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Sure. Let's have the debate about the best way to solve ]

'This agreement is less about the climate and more about other countries gaining a financial advantage over the United States,' Trump said.

I don't believe that is his motivation.***

Jun 1, 2017, 4:51 PM

you calling it a hoax?

Jun 1, 2017, 4:54 PM

but thats what he said!

you cant call something a hoax if I have "proof" to back it up

I'm calling Trump's intentions misleading.***

Jun 1, 2017, 4:55 PM

Re: I'm good. I'd rather listen to people who actually study

Jun 5, 2017, 8:01 AM [ in reply to I'm good. I'd rather listen to people who actually study ]

But only the ones who work for governments, amirite?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree. What a grandiose idea that 7.5 billion

Jun 1, 2017, 3:45 PM [ in reply to did "we" cause the ice ages to end and glaciers to retract? ]

people could be consuming enough energy and producing enough waste to affect the climate significantly. I mean...just dumb.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had an argument with someone here about the increase of...

Jun 1, 2017, 4:25 PM [ in reply to did "we" cause the ice ages to end and glaciers to retract? ]

man's knowledge and understanding of science. According to the numbers which I presented here with sources to support the factors, multipliers and calculations we found some interesting results.

The way we view the science of 4000-6000 years ago is the way our science will be viewed within this century. An example of that is to review the understanding of gravity before Newton. Smoke rises because that's where it belongs and rocks fall to earth because that's where they belong.

I'm guessing Archimedes who explained gravity in that way was hailed as a great scientist. We certainly are full of ourselves, our accomplishments, our understanding of everything within the scope of science both as individuals and collectively as mankind.

I thank My God, the Lord Jesus Christ, that He is able to love me despite my pride.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can convince idiots like this

Jun 1, 2017, 8:05 PM [ in reply to did "we" cause the ice ages to end and glaciers to retract? ]

Magnetic Pole Reversal doesn't fit their agenda...

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Jun 1, 2017, 3:42 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Jun 1, 2017, 3:43 PM

that was me this past weekend....

Jun 1, 2017, 3:53 PM

wait, how did you know that?

weird ####, man

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I think we can all agree that the climate is dumb.

Jun 1, 2017, 3:53 PM

And science. Science is dumb.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you imagine if it was actually a hoax?

Jun 1, 2017, 4:00 PM

I mean first of all, how would that many people be able to keep it a secret? We're talking thousands and thousands of people. Secondly, how does it work when climatology PhD students reach the point where they're told it's all a big lie? Do they start getting suspicious and then their professor pulls them aside to reveal that it's all a big bullshit hoax to rake in those sweet grant dollars and the student is like, "Oh ok. Cool! I'm in!" Third, this can't be the only branch of science that's peddling hoaxes for grant dollars, right? What other fields do we need to be suspicious of (besides evolution and dinosaurs, of course, because they're obviously fake).

As Maynard James Keenan once said, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied: Learn to swim.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But Rush and Hannity make jokes about it and they

Jun 1, 2017, 4:06 PM

gave me my worldview.

man, I was with you

Jun 1, 2017, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Can you imagine if it was actually a hoax? ]

Then you had to go and quote freaking Tool, one of the top 5 overrated bands in history. Son offa.........

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's like all of the scientists are in this

Jun 1, 2017, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Can you imagine if it was actually a hoax? ]

grand conspiracy to give us clean air and water.

How dare they.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

We now have two things in common with Syria.

Jun 1, 2017, 4:08 PM

1) Not participating in the Paris Climate Accords

and

2) A Putin-puppet President.

But hey, now we have something in common with

Jun 1, 2017, 4:12 PM

Nicaragua too.

Re: But hey, now we have something in common with

Jun 1, 2017, 4:15 PM

they pulled out because it was not stringent enough

Let's eliminate all confusion about this topic.

Jun 1, 2017, 4:14 PM

That doesn't mean everyone who believes in climate change isn't an idiot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can we believe in climate change and also admit that some of the "predictors" haven't done us any favors?

My point is when someone makes a prediction and it doesn't even come close to being true, i can't really blame people for second guessing if climate change is happening at all.

I believe man made climate change is real, i see it firsthand but i also believe some go a little too far with the fear mongering.

That's fair.***

Jun 1, 2017, 4:50 PM

Re: That's fair.***

Jun 1, 2017, 4:52 PM

And of course, i get the emails, etc making points that we can't even get a one day forecast correct.

LOL

Check out the front page of the weather channel....

Jun 1, 2017, 7:07 PM

Re: Check out the front page of the weather channel....

Jun 1, 2017, 8:43 PM

I prefer either of these front pages since I work there.

Can't be caught with the weather channel. ??

Jun 1, 2017, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: GITT If you believe climate change is a hoax ]

No one will care until they see beach homes under water. Fact.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jun 1, 2017, 8:40 PM

let's start with mar lago

Shall we get back into it, Weatherbot?

Jun 1, 2017, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Re: GITT If you believe climate change is a hoax ]

Where was man between 3000 B.C. and 3500 B.C. when temps were relatively the same?

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

I don't see how its possible for scientists to be so

Jun 1, 2017, 4:58 PM

confident that they know for sure recent climate change is chiefly due to human beings.

There are so many thousands of variables that we don't fully understand. I think all the climate change momentum is a clear case of scientism.

I mean, we know for a fact that climate change is natural. And we do NOT know for a fact all the extra-terrestrial factors involved in our climate. We barely even understand the surface of the Sun.

I still haven't been persuaded that man is causing it.***

Jun 1, 2017, 5:02 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

What would persuade you?***

Jun 1, 2017, 6:43 PM

Re: What would persuade you?***

Jun 1, 2017, 7:05 PM

More evidence

So...

Jun 1, 2017, 7:08 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21638069

I wonder what the comparison is between...

Jun 1, 2017, 6:44 PM

those who believe man isn't causing climate change and those who don't believe in evolution (and I'm including macro and micro evolution because they are the same thing)

I'm sure there is a strong correlation between the two along

Jun 1, 2017, 8:01 PM

with those who believe in supply side economics and wonder whether or not smoking causes cancer.

Replies: 67
| visibility 1,444
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic