Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My take after reading bit and pieces all day about KB and...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 387

My take after reading bit and pieces all day about KB and...

Sep 26, 2018, 9:11 PM

TL.

KB best of luck to wherever your path takes you! I was in your corner at the beginning of the year and you had 4 shots at starting and holding the job. As I watched the game Sat and I think I posted this ..it was obvious TL should be the starter. Heck I could see it on your face on the sideline. You knew what was up.

No matter the position the coaches should put the best man on the field. This is big boy football. Sorry you got your feelings hurt. I’m disappointed you want to take your ball and go home. And if the coaches wanted to play the game they could have started you this week and burned your year.

My rant over. GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot on.***

Sep 26, 2018, 9:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I keep thinking

Sep 26, 2018, 9:59 PM

Dangerous, I know...that if he though he was better he could win his spot back. And, if he was thinking of going pro he would probably do better staying in the same program. He would still get significant playing time. Guess one has to have the ego to go with the drive to be top dog but starting over at another program just to be a starter is a high risk move to my thinking. I'm sure he loves the game just for the sake of playing. Maybe Chad promised him he could develop him further?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually agree with the ego comment, because it’s true.

Sep 26, 2018, 10:17 PM

A lot of great players are great because they think they are great.

It’s a rarity for someone to be humble and great...

But I’ve seemed to pull it off, perfectly humble.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tmml. thanks.***

Sep 26, 2018, 10:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems to me that he’s got some growing up to do.

Sep 26, 2018, 10:25 PM

He’s not an NFL QB. If that’s his goal, he needs to be more realistic. If I were his dad, this is what I would tell him:

Get a good education and make something of yourself, KB. I think Clemson is a good place to do that. But, if you wanna play, you wanna play. Just don’t let pride and 2 year decisions take precedence over 20 year decisions.

I don’t by any means think his leaving Clemson is necessarily a huge mistake. But, more often that not knee jerk reactions and emotional decisions do not turn out well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny you say that. I usually think of things like this

Sep 26, 2018, 11:19 PM

In “what would I do” terms. In this case, I honestly don’t know what I would have done as an individual. In recent years though, it’s more “how would I advise my son?”

In this situation my advice would have been the exact opposite of what KB did.....

-I would have recognized he wasn’t a NFL QB and told him so.
-I would have recognized that a strong network of people who care about you is far more valuable and useful in life than a Hail Mary attempt with a coach that wants a mercenary for one year.
-I would have pointed out that you don’t scorch the Earth with people who have treated you with honesty and respect for years.
-lastly I would have pointed out that nothing is guaranteed in life. There’s always someone smarter, more athletic, better looking, or richer than you. You aren’t owed anything for putting in your time and being next in the imaginary line. Sometimes your best just ain’t enough but if you gave it your all you went down like a man and should be proud.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That there is some real life wisdom.

Sep 27, 2018, 7:30 AM

Well said.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good stuff

Sep 27, 2018, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Funny you say that. I usually think of things like this ]

thanks Dad

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

He has his degree. He has absolutely no shot at NFL as a

Sep 27, 2018, 6:23 AM [ in reply to Seems to me that he’s got some growing up to do. ]

backup. He has one year left.

I have zero problem with him leaving. He is trying to get to the next level even though 99.9% of us think he will never get there. He is trying.

Just leave the right way. Don't act like a brat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not sure about no shot

Sep 27, 2018, 9:45 AM

you ever heard of JaMarcus Russell? Tyrod Taylor?

The list goes on of QBs that made it partially in the NFL. He has the weight and height of a QB. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a shot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I agree.

Sep 27, 2018, 10:58 AM

I think everyone is discounting the new Alliance of American Football and the Arena leagues. They're STILL pro leagues.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 387
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic