Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Frustrating - Matt Millen, Officials, and Jump Passes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Frustrating - Matt Millen, Officials, and Jump Passes

Jan 4, 2014, 10:13 AM

We were the better team last night by a long shot. But the "throat slashing", defensive delay of game, awful announcers, and some bone-headed plays made the game almost unbearable to watch. In the third quarter, I had to watch a Duck Dynasty to cool off.

Is Matt Millen and a group from the AAC the best the Orange Bowl could do?

Thank goodness we won. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Matt Millen and Joe Tessitore SUCK. Refs also.***

Jan 4, 2014, 10:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please explain the sideline interference penalty.

Jan 4, 2014, 10:20 AM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Players/Coaches are supposed to stay in a box on the sidelin

Jan 4, 2014, 10:25 AM

When you come out of the box during a play it's a penalty.

Re: Players/Coaches are supposed to stay in a box on the sidelin

Jan 4, 2014, 10:28 AM

If they enforced that rule every play, there might not be any time left for the game! A complete joke by a baffoon group of referees from a conference that had an axe to grind. SHAME on the Orange Bowl or whoever selected them

Re: Players/Coaches are supposed to stay in a box on the sidelin

Jan 4, 2014, 10:30 AM

Baffoon group indeed. That penalty never gets called. They were looking for it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Thanks dude. But that rule is not enforced 99.99% of the

Jan 4, 2014, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Players/Coaches are supposed to stay in a box on the sidelin ]

time - those guys were literally standing there looking for it. I saw the side judge with his back to the field looking at our sideline right after a play (no the ball wasn't there). And to call it during the celebratory Gatorade bath??? Completely and utterly ridiculous and suspect to the point of wondering for real whether these guys had a agenda.

Agree. I still don't understand the late hit out of bounds

Jan 4, 2014, 10:22 AM

on Mcdowell not being automatic 1st down. Unless I missed something, because I had sound down, I've never seen late hits by the defense not result in automatic 1st down for offense.

Millen is just a Big 10 guy who let his emotions show on the interception (d@MN yankees).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree. I still don't understand the late hit out of bounds

Jan 4, 2014, 10:26 AM

I didn't have an issue with the announcers. He's allowed to have an opinion. I thought it could have been incomplete when I saw it live. I thought it was an int on the replay. Millen was lobbying for the Tajh touchdown earlier when the in booth official guy was saying not enough evidence.

Jan 4, 2014, 10:34 AM

THANK GOD we didn't have Mike Patrick and ED Cunningham-the worst of all time-they make re-watching the CU-LSU game nearly unbearable.
I thought Tess and Millen were good except for not explaining the phantom penalties we got.

Jan 4, 2014, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Agree. I still don't understand the late hit out of bounds ]

Millen is a complete Ahole and has no business announcing football games. He is terrible, totally Little Ten biased as is that little curmudgeon with him

I can explain

Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Agree. I still don't understand the late hit out of bounds ]

I have a close friend who is an official in a BCS conference. I text him asking for an explanation. His reply:

Because he did not make the line to gain (first down) and the down is essentially over when he goes out of bounds... Then comes the late hit, but the play is already over. If he makes the first down, then you tack on the additional 15. Otherwise it is a turnover on downs with the fifteen yards assessed after the play backing up OSU to start their drive.

Re: I can explain

Jan 4, 2014, 12:01 PM

I get that it was after the play. What I don't understand is how it was not a targeting foul. OSU player lowered his head and hit Hot Rod helmet to helmet. Did you see it that way?

Re: Frustrating - Matt Millen, Officials, and Jump Passes

Jan 4, 2014, 10:28 AM

Hey nice diagram. Our coaches are the first in history ever to leave that box.

Jan 4, 2014, 10:29 AM

It wasn't throat slashing, it was "superman shirt pull". They sure let Ohio State get away with worse..

Jan 4, 2014, 10:36 AM

The sideline interference is usually only called after a warning has been given to the bench. I didn't see a replay showing why the flag was thrown. Every time I've seen it called it involved an official running into a coach or player. A replay would have been nice. I was surprised they didn't review the interception. Live I thought it was a no doubter on replay not so sure. All the calls that they replayed were correct I wasn't at the game so might not have seen the missed calls everyone is complaint about.

They did give us a warning and called the penalty correctly

Jan 4, 2014, 10:45 AM

Which can be said for most of the calls they made.

I just think they called the game way too closely. No reason to call a hold on a fair catch, or sideline penalty during a gatorade bath at the end of the game, etc, etc. At some level you need to just let the guys play and call penalties that actually affect the play.

Dude... NO! That call does not get made 99.9% of the time!

Jan 4, 2014, 10:50 AM

So explain this... does it get called on everyteam that does the gatorade bath before time is out? Also - why didnt they call it at the end of the game when everybody was walking out on the field before time expired? Give it up!!

You didn't actually read what I wrote.***

Jan 4, 2014, 10:51 AM

Actually I did. You will have a hard time convincing

Jan 4, 2014, 10:56 AM

anyone that they were not overzealous on the side line penalties. To call it on the gatorade bath topped it off. They made some good calls, a fair number of bad calls (some of which may have technically been correct but you have to let go if you want any semblence of an entertaining game, and which almost all other officials let go, and they made bad calls against OSU. I believe it was a very poorly officiated game overall, the most notable thing in my mind being the side line penalties. The times they called those extended drives for OSU on 4th down that changed the course of the game. You can have your opinion and I have mine. But if you polled people who watched the game, I believe most would be on my side. Thanks.

No you didn't.

Jan 4, 2014, 11:18 AM

I just think they called the game way too closely. No reason to call a hold on a fair catch, or sideline penalty during a gatorade bath at the end of the game, etc, etc. At some level you need to just let the guys play and call penalties that actually affect the play.

Re: Dude... NO! That call does not get made 99.9% of the time!

Jan 4, 2014, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Dude... NO! That call does not get made 99.9% of the time! ]

I think they called the one at the end of the game because there was still more time on the game clock than the play clock (needed to run 1 more play), and coaches and players were coming out on the field already. Have no idea why they called the other 2.

I turned on a yellow flag parade and a football game broke

Jan 4, 2014, 10:48 AM

out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Somewhere, somehow

Jan 4, 2014, 11:06 AM

I see Ron Cherry's fingerprints in the American Conference. If not, he would be a good fit.

Jan 4, 2014, 12:13 PM

Why would you pick a couple of Ohio cheer leaders to call a game , and then add a bunch of 2nd tier no name idiot refs.Is this the best the orange can do ?

Don't think the officials were bias just....

Jan 4, 2014, 12:32 PM

totally incompetent!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic