Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson vs. Boston College Notes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 2,264

Front Page Story: Clemson vs. Boston College Notes

Oct 8, 2011, 10:19 PM

Clemson vs. Boston College Notes

Team and player notes from the Clemson vs. BC game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

55-0-1 when gaining 500 yds? But defense wins championships?

Oct 9, 2011, 5:33 PM

I'd like to see that list of 55 schools (and their records for that season). I wonder if any of them were any good or if it's a long list of cupcakes or down-for-that-season teams like BC.

On the defensive side, I wonder what the comparable yards-allowed number would be for a 55-0 record. For example, Clemson is 55-0 when holding a team to 100 yards or less.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 55-0-1 when gaining 500 yds? But defense wins championships?

Oct 9, 2011, 9:10 PM

Razz, I am one who believes that the team who scores the most points wins, and I want us to score every time we touch the ball (I want the scores to be TD's. I don't applaud FG's, since they are evidence that the offense failed to get it into the end zone. I am glad, however, that we are making most of our FG's, however). I do agree that Defenses are key to winning championships. Steele has done a pretty good job of making adjustments (so much better than the past), and that is very special. We are heading in the right direction, IMO, and I hope the progress continues. I think we are getting there. I still am not satisfied with the holes opened up by our OL, but we are making progress. I have posted that we will make progress this year, but I believe that 2012 will be very special. I stand by that prediction. Our future looks very bright.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tajh, Sammy and DA are in good company...I liked Eppley

Oct 9, 2011, 9:16 PM

and Tuttle. What can you say about Dwayne Allen? Probably the best TE in the Nation!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 2,264
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic