Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From a Scar Kid to a Clemson Adult
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 989
   | View Original Thread |

From a Scar Kid to a Clemson Adult

Nov 12, 2013, 11:35 AM

As a young kid, who knew no better at the time, I grew up attending Scar games with my Godfather who donated at the highest level. We ate and sat in the President's box; we were often guests on the sidelines, and attended more than our fair share games of every sport. At the age of 10 and younger it made no difference who was playing on the field. I was just having fun. Then, after my 12th birthday, my next door neighbor, who just enrolled for his sophomore year, took me to Clemson with him for one day - move-in day. While there, he took me to the top of the hill, walked me around campus and introduced me to some tennis, soccer and football players. Later that year, he took me to a game (UNC) and I was hooked. I never went back to another Scar game. And I didn't attended another Clemson game for over 3 years. Then, when I got my drivers license, the first trip I took was to the Clemson game against Furman, which we won 21 to 0.

I can still hear that crowd. I can still see the players coming down the hill. I can still feel the roar of the crowd as we sat near the student section. I still remember the 3 hour drive up there feeling like 6 hours and the drive home feeling like 5 minutes. Or maybe I flew home... it's a blur. There certainly was something in those hills. Still is. I had feelings from that one day that I never experienced while attending all those games all those years in Cola town.

Thinking about these upcoming last two trips to Tiger Town this year made me realize just how much my family and I love that place. How much we miss it outside of football season. We love how there's no other venue in the world that can change a wild-eyed kid into a super fan adult so quickly, so deeply, so permanently.

I am forever grateful to my Godfather for introducing me to College sports. When I see him in Heaven I'll thank him for sure. But I can't begin to thank or repay my neighbor who introduced me to the most exciting 25 seconds of college football and the most interesting and inspiring place on the planet. I'll see you Thursday, and once again, drive home on cloud nine, looking forward to the next time I get to experience Clemson, SC.

GO TIGERS!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Replies: 0
| visibility 989
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic