Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From USA Today...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,530

From USA Today...

Nov 10, 2016, 9:22 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/11/09/college-football-playoff-contenders-blind-study-rankings/93551402/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This isn't news.

Nov 10, 2016, 9:28 AM

We've known that Clemson has a better resume' at this point than Alabama. I appreciate the hangover from the tradition to respect a NC for a full year or as long as they remain unbeaten. I appreciate that the committee represented alluded to this attitude in his last interview, Tuesday, this week.

We'll just have to beat them and hope the committee respects us as much in our NC reign.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's ignoring actual game scores though. If you want to

Nov 10, 2016, 1:43 PM

judge teams like that then Clemson and Bama are very close, but if you factor in MoV and overall impressiveness, Bama has been a bit better than us. The main thing hindering our "overall SoS" is the SC State game. Outside of that i think it's really close.

I think the committee leans more towards rankings teams like this though. They do acknowledge "game control," but that's not the same as pure MOV. Basically Louisville beating FSU 63-20 isn't much different than Louisville beating FSU 37-20 so long as the game wasn't in doubt. It puts a bit of a cap on "style points."

Re: From USA Today...

Nov 10, 2016, 9:36 AM

So the entire argument is based on Sagrin rankings. Take away those and Clemson has more top 25 wins, better YPP on offense, and a better SOS.

null

I doubt that's what its based on.***

Nov 10, 2016, 1:44 PM

Nov 10, 2016, 9:40 AM

Little Freudian slip by saying "the Clemson Tide and the Tigers."

No question

Nov 10, 2016, 9:54 AM

that the Tigers need to play in Atlanta. We really need that number one seed and I guess only a loss by the Tide will allow us to be no. 1. We could play in the Georgia Dome if we were number 4 so I guess we are just 'too good'! Take care of business against Pitt, Wake and those other clowns and maybe Auburn will do us a favor. I still believe that we need to win out BIG. That can only help us.

Nov 10, 2016, 10:54 AM

"...imagine a scenario where Washington is seeded third. While obviously a distance away from Seattle, the school’s alumni and fan base along the West Coast would have a far easier time making its presence felt in Glendale than would Clemson’s"

It's 1130 miles from Seattle to Glendale... That's a 17 hour drive. Honestly, they're not in a much better situation than Clemson is as far as travel. Most of their fans would still be flying in. I still expect Clemson would probably travel better than Washington, even to Glendale.

That said, obviously I would prefer to play in Atlanta

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EVERY Clemson fan needs to read this

Nov 10, 2016, 11:59 AM

Because this is likely what will end up happening. Save the money and go support our team again. The crowd in the orange bowl and Glendale last year made a difference. We will need it again.

Nov 10, 2016, 1:19 PM

Anyone see this awesome blunder?

"It’s true that the Clemson Tide and Tigers seemed destined for the Playoff, and perhaps even for a rematch of last season’s championship game".

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,530
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic